We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Safety of stainless steel mesh Options

monomind
#1 Posted : 9/17/2021 11:12:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello travelers,

Wanted to check with you if using a stainless steel wool ( see in link below ) instead of the traditional copper mesh ( choreboy ) is safe.
https://www.anoniem.org/?https:/...grade-wire-wool-wrap-1m/
I know stainless steel is inert so in theory it should be fine, no ?

Thanks for your help !

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dirty T
#2 Posted : 9/17/2021 3:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a Yocan Falcon I was trying to use with a .0000 SS bed on the coils. It still wasted 80% and burned the coils but that was all. It depends on what you are using, as 304 mesh will never produce any toxins at 200c or below which is what we use. If you are stuffing a "glass antennae" and using a lighter there will be some combustion and smoke of any kind is cancerous no matter the source.

monomind
#3 Posted : 9/17/2021 4:21:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I would like to use a "machine" like device.
Basically a squished ball of steel wool with pre-melted spice inside a bowl of a glass spoon pipe.
When I use a torch lighter on the steel wool there is no flame neither smoke.

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 9/17/2021 5:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would imagine it would work fine with 'the machine' it's basically an analogue conduction/convection hybrid vaporizer. Not the most efficient but I've read it can be effective, I would be more worried about the metal the chamber is built from than I would about the wool. **EDIT I reread your post and saw it's glass, so basically steel wool wedded up inside a "meth whistle" type pipe? That should work fine, have a friend with you - YOU DON'T WANT TO BURN YOURSELF ** I have a VV mesh RDA coming myself, I did consider building a machine myself but I found the thread on 3 to 1 CBC carts and have CBC so I figured I'd try that first, my VV should be here soon. Plus, I really don't like the idea of using external heat sources considering what happens when it's done correctly.