We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My opinion of the Yocan Evolve Plus Options

SeekingPelican
#1 Posted : 10/26/2018 4:28:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A Nexus member sent me an email asking my opinion of the Yocan Evolve Plus as a DMT delivery device. I am not able to reply to mail as a new member and thought maybe the information might be helpful to others as well. So...here are my thoughts on this device:

I am certainly no expert. I started my DMT journey with the Yocan Evolve plus and have used nothing else but this. As far as I am concerned, why mess with anything else...this thing is so simple and it works. Just my opinion, of course!

There is no temperature control. However the pen comes with two 'dual quartz' heating elements. These work, but it is possible, likely even, to burn the DMT because it sits directly on the heating wire. Therefore, one needs practice pulsing the button so as not to burn the product.

The best bet, in my opinion, is to buy the 'ceramic donut' heating element, which is much harder to burn the spice with. Simply remember to pulse it once, maybe two times, during your inhale as insurance against burning. This method produces nice smooth vapor that has nearly no detectable taste.

My breakthrough dose is 25-30mg, and I am able to vaporize all of this in one long draw. I have done 45mg as a max, also with one draw.

I would say that this little guy is nearly fool prooof. I have no 'wax' experience at all and I was able to blast off on my very first try using the included quartz. However, keep in mind that again I have nothing else to compare it to so could not say if another method is 'better.'

Any questions let me know!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ducdevil
#2 Posted : 10/26/2018 5:09:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks so much for posting this; i am always interested in hearing about other people's experiences with alternate vaping devices.

i was really excited a few months back; there was a lot of buzz about the Yocan and its ease of use and apparent fool-proof nature. i, of course, got one right away and prepared to try it out.

when i did, alas, i was pretty disappointed. i used the dual quartz coil as this was the most recommended technique suggested on this forum. other forums on the internet, as you have, suggest the ceramic donut.

i have always felt that nothing beats the Glass Vapor Genie. for consistency, ease of use and reliability it has never let me down. yes, one has to use a lighter but other than that it's really quite simple and easy once you get your technique down. yet, if i can lose the lighter, even better!

my experience, as i said, was pretty much a bust. i loaded 25mg on the coils, pulsed it very lightly until it melted, capped it and prepared. i started hitting it, pulsing it a couple of times while inhaling deeply. i held it in and felt the first alerts that something was coming. it never did. i took a few more hits off it doing the same thing - never got anywhere. it felt like a 5-10mg, very light trip. i was bummed. nothing like a failed launch...we've all been there. i don't think i burned it - not sure what happened.

yet, you give me hope! i will try it with the ceramic donut and see how that goes. but, everyone is different. at least i always know that the GVG is there, trusted and true, to take me where i want to go.

thanks again,

SeekingPelican
#3 Posted : 10/26/2018 6:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome and thank you for sharing your observations. I really would like to try a GVG. Wish I could test it out first before laying down the money.

I would really like to hear from somebody who was extensive experience with both devices to hear their pros/cons of each. It seems like the GVG is a very popular choice.

I have had somewhat poor results using the 'pre-melt' pulse with the Yocan. I don't know why this is. My current method is to make sure the device is getting power, then load it and cap it. Then I hold the button down for about three seconds and then inhale all the vapor in the chamber. Then hold it again for around another three seconds. I give it a quick pulse or two while inhaling.

Post trip I can see that all the DMT is gone save for some bits of dust around the edges of the chamber.

ducdevil
#4 Posted : 10/26/2018 10:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool - good tips. thanks.

sometime next week i'm going to try with the ceramic donut. i'll use your advice. then, at that point, perhaps i can give some perspective on GVG vs. Yocan.

cheers

unclebob
#5 Posted : 9/14/2021 4:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Yocan certainly has a lot of appeal for beginners, including my uncle Bob. It promises a clean and almost fool proof method, and I think it almost delivers on that promise. It’s been SWIM’s method of choice so far, so here are my thoughts on the device so far:

First – you absolutely must get the ceramic coil. I have not even tried to use the coil that comes with the pen, but a quick look inside that coil while pressing the button should be enough to convince you that these exposed and red-glowing heating elements will burn the DMT. One would have to be very skilled in pulsing the pen to get this to work.

Second, as stated above, it works better if you melt the DMT before vaporizing it. Melting can be done by pulsing the button two or three times for around ½ a second, but it takes a little bit of practice. To get a feel for it, one can open the cap and look after doing the melting pulses or even while pulsing the button.

Third, and that should be obvious, although it was not obvious to SWIM at first: hold the pen vertically as much as possible while inhaling. Otherwise, the liquid DMT will flow away from the heat source and solidify towards the top of the coil. Yes, SWIM really managed to screw this one up.

It is almost impossible to burn the spice while vaporizing as long as there’s airflow while the button is pressed. SWIM tried up to 50 mg with no issues. You might want to opt for the XL Plus model for more flexibility with the dose.

The coils don’t last forever, and I absolutely recommend getting a pack of five and a few caps. The big plus is that one can keep a few loaded coils around. That way, one does not have to fumble around with a milligram scale while preparing for a trip.

Love

null24
#6 Posted : 9/16/2021 12:42:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I dug mine out after letting it collect dust for a couple years and-surprise!- the battery is shot. Can't get it to charge...whatever, it has been sitting in a box for all that time, IDK what happened. I think I'd like to pick up another one and use the donut coil with it to try to vape some spice. It would be great to find something that convenient that works well.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Sunnyside
#7 Posted : 9/16/2021 7:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's funny, after this post resurfaced I dug out mine, too.

It seemed like they were almost giving them away a few years ago.

Luckily, mine did charge up.

But I only have the quartz coils, which probably explains why I never tried it more than a handful of times, without success.

So I'll get the ceramic dog nut and see what happens.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)