We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any actual danger to mixing plants? Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 9/11/2021 10:14:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any actual evidence that mixing any two (or three?!) psychedelics could cause physical harm? For example, Peyote and Ayahuasca, or Peyote and Iboga, or, Ayahuasca and Iboga, or is it all just speculation?

I know we enter trickier territory when we talk about pharmaceutical medications. That is not what this is about.

I'm asking about natural, whole plant preparations. Any herb.

I also here want to exclude licorice from the equation. Because in my experience (and the internet confirms) licorice can cause dangerously high blood pressure, especially when mixed with other plants that may enhance that effect.

From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 9/12/2021 12:38:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey RhythmSpring,

There could be dangerous interactions regardless of whether the drug is of natural origin or not. People can die from opium or poppy tea just as they would with morphine or oxycodon. People may experience serotonin syndrome or at the very least an extremely fast, unstable heart rhythm and dangerously high blood pressure combining coca leaf with ayahuasca, I speak from experience with that one and do not recommend it.

You gotta be carful with what you mix and at what dosage. Some of these plant can be very forgiving and mixable like cannabis but others quite toxic when mixed or on their own, like iboga. Definitely would NOT combine that one with ayahausca, lol.

Edit:

The only thing that I think that makes natural, plant based drugs safer would be easier identification and the fact you can grow some yourself. Most of us are not analytical chemist so we cant identify the makeup of some obscure powder. But if you grow the cannabis or mushrooms yourself, you know what's in it and what aint.

donfoolio
#3 Posted : 9/12/2021 5:25:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry king tryptamine, but I am not sure if production of plant material is a proof for proper consumption. You can know ONE drug but never eventuel interactions with other ones.

I tried iboga low dose with aya - felt just right.

But drug-interactions are merely unpredictable, if you do it for the first time. The experiences of others are a good way to learn more but in my opinion you should never try something new without a vague idea about how it functions.

I participated in daime/San Pedro ceremonies without interactions, as with iboga but be careful! Coffee in in too big dosages made me fill I'll, just to say how sensible everything can be.

I think that most of the information about Mao's are based on pharmaceutical products and are not valuable for plants, but don't try something new unless you found solid information.

Despite what they say in several books, mescaline and ayahuasca worked really well, but haven't tried together, merely both in one week end (nether one or the other Technician has seen a problem with this) . Just to say, that not all information we can find are close to reality. Safe travels!!
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

King Tryptamine
#4 Posted : 9/12/2021 11:04:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think looking at the pharmacology, statistics and toxicological data of the plants bioactive constituents is key here when determining its own safety and its safety when combined with something else.

What led me to determine iboga was unsafe when combined with ayahausca was that it has caused a few deaths in medical literature, mainly due to cardiopulmonary arrest. It also prolongs the QT intervel of the heart which can increase probability of arrhythmias occurring and sudden cardiac death. On its own it doesn't seem like a very safe compound so I don't think combining it with ayahausca would make it any safer, especially considering the fact that its primary metabolite noribogaine is a potent SSRI and correct me if I'm wrong here but SSRI's are contradicted with MAOI's are they not?

I don't think the experience of others is a good way to determine safety personally. I've combined coca leaf with syrian rue numerous times and never had a bad reaction. I've also known people whom have binged on large doses of cocaine, alcohol, MDMA and amphetmanine all at the same time during festivals and still turn out fine. I still wouldn't advice others to do the same based on these experiences just because some users get of lucky doesn't mean others will. I mentioned this in another thread but I'll say it here. The probability of encountering a bad reaction is a probability and not a certainty. Just like with smoking cigarettes and cancer.

I'm not saying don't do it since its your own body and you should have the right to do with it what you want. I just want to get the facts straight. If someone is going to say something is safe I want the full science and reasoning behind it, I'm all open for well reasoned discussion.

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 9/16/2021 1:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely mixing plants can harm you. Mixing plants can help you. Plant chemistry is non-different from mixing chemicals. I have heard reports of bad reactions with aya and cactus and also good ones. Do as you will but educating oneself one the chemistry of you combos is paramount. Death is fairly non-reversable and every now and then one of us will draw the short straw. I have heard of deaths from tobacco and deaths from Kambo and the rare aya death. Many die from Iboga if there are underlying heart issues. When people go at this stuff willy nilly it really hurts the efforts of movements like decrim when the sensationalists cover the death stories. Be smart.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?