We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help needed: E-mesh + DMT Options

spx001
#1 Posted : 9/5/2021 4:51:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I am joining this forum to seek a help. I have E-mesh device Picture and I tryed 5-MeO-DMT, circa 10mg for thew first time. I followed tutorials on the YouTube about DMT + E-mesh. In the tutorial video the guy recommended E-mesh because the smoke is not so hot and unpleasant in the mouth. Possibly I done something wrong because the smoke was hot and very harsh. I began to choke and cough immediatelly after inhale. I hardly felt the effect of DMT, I rather felt a burning in my throat. Before smoking I simly prepare my E-mesh, put the mouthpiece in my mouth, press the heating button and started to inhale. So I understood it from the tutorial videos. But probably because of my bad English I forgot something. Please can someone help me?

Thank you.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 9/5/2021 5:02:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings friend,

Try lowering the temp of your mod. I set mine to about 35watts. Granted, I'm using something other than the emesh method.

Burning the DMT will render it ineffective which is why you didn't feel much.

Good luck on your next try. Let us know how it goes.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

spx001
#3 Posted : 9/5/2021 5:48:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

thank you for the tip. I have used the same setting as in tutorial video. Also have the same model and parts. Setting: TC-SS (stainless steel mesh), 204°C, WAT 35, TCR 105. The coil resistivity I have 0.27 (which differ from video).

SawdustAndHoney
#4 Posted : 9/5/2021 9:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do a check like Minty did!
Take your e-mesh machine and turn it on. When the wanted temperature is attained (usually there's like "protection" on the screen or something similar) the wattage should be 4-6W. With the air intake half open and while toking on an empty mesh, the wattage should be 13-16W. Check if that corresponds to what your screen shows and that will answer your questions. This is for TC-SS of course.
This is how I fixed my e-mesh issues.

Otherwise use fixed wattage and check with a termocouple for the right temperature. The mesh should never glow!

spx001
#5 Posted : 9/6/2021 6:08:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the tip. I fill check the Watt power like you typed. I used the same setting as in YouTube video. Only the resistitivy of my mesh is little higher. Also the mesh did not glow when heating, even when hitting "protection" of the temperature.

You have experince with e-mesh. Should be a smoke hot / warm / cool? Does not the quantity "suffocate" you? I had full mouth immediatelly after inhale (2-3 seconds after pressing the button) which was impossible to suck into the lungs. It was like I want to suck smoke out of an open fire.

Thank you.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 9/6/2021 6:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

If emesh continues to give you trouble, this device may be easier to use. I use it and find it highly effective.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

some one
#7 Posted : 9/6/2021 9:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi spx001, welcome to the forum!

Can you share a link of the video? Just curious.

For your info, these are the original e-mesh topics where it all started:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87004
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=92213

The problem you have is the following:

Freebase 5meo-DMT requires a much lower temp to evap than normal DMT. The settings shown in the video you watched are for normal (NN) DMT. These are not applicable to 5meo DMT. Trying to vape 5meo at 200 C will burn it.

Never try to force yourself it inhale stuff which tasts burned /foul, etc. Safety first.

Correct settings:
Use temp control and lower the temp all the way down to 100 C.
Don't use the default SS TC mode, use the manual TCR mode as set it to 105.

See:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=94717

Let me know if it works out
some = one | here = some | there = one

spx001
#8 Posted : 9/7/2021 6:47:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I just search "dmt emesh" on YouTube and first 5 mabye 10 videos are tutorials on it.

Different burn temperature for normal DMT and 5-meo DMT looks like the cause of the problem. I will test it this weekend. I also tryed tests like Minty did in his video and all looks correct. Still do not understand the difference between TC and TCR mode because TC mode also uses TCR value.

Thank you.

some one
#9 Posted : 9/7/2021 1:19:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to hear that the e-mesh is gaining awareness.

TCR is the material dependent constant used by your modbox to calculate the real time temp from the real time measured resistance. Each mesh (and coil) material has its own specific TCR value. You can either insert the TCR value manually, or select the material (such as SS) from a preset. Presets are made for user convenience. However you usually don't know which TRC value your modbox manufacturer uses in the presents. Some may use 90 for SS, others use 120. That's why I advise to set it manually. This way we standardize our settings. Both TCR mode and material preset mode fall under TC (temp control).

100 C is as low as you can go. For me its works with 105 TCR. But you can fine tune for yourself by placing some 5meo on the mesh, hitting the fire button and blowing on the mesh to simulate inhalation. If you increase the TCR value, the power will reduce. Find the sweet spot where the 5meo vapes starts to evap.

As I mentioned in my other post you will need to test if your 5meo is freebase or salt. To test add some in water. If it doesn't dissolve it's freebase, if it does it's salt. The salt vapes at a higher temp, the freebase at a lower one.

Remember:

The e-mesh is very efficient. 7mg is all you need! Big difference between 5 and 7mg so use a precise and reliable scale.

Don't vape 5meo alone. Have a sitter watch over you and observe that you continue breathing comfortably.

Good travels this weekend Thumbs up

spx001
#10 Posted : 9/7/2021 7:28:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, thank you for the tips!

Is this setting ok?

TC-TCR
100°C
COIL 0.16
WAT 35.0
TCR 105

Thank you

some one
#11 Posted : 9/7/2021 10:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome.

Quote:
Is this setting ok?

TC-TCR
100°C
COIL 0.16
WAT 35.0
TCR 105

Sounds good.

Last theoretical part.. the (max) Watt is the max power your modbox gives. 35 W seems reasonable.

To use cars as an analogy, the max temp is like the speed limiter. when set at 60mph, your car will never go past it. Same with modboxes. The modbox will never go past 100 C.

The max Watt is like how much power the car gives (how deep you press the gas peddle down). The more gas you give, the faster the car accelerates and the faster it reaches the set speed limit. But say you drive up a hill and you press the peddle down only a little (give too little gas), then the car might never reach the speed limit you set. Same with modboxes. If the Watt limit is too low, the chosen temp might not be reached while you are inhaling and cooling the mesh for which the modbox needs to give more power to compensate to raise the temp to the chosen limit.

So try this: dont put anything on your mesh. leave it empty. insert your settings press fire and inhale. look at the real time temp and watt reading. if the watt reaches 35 W while the temp stays below 100 C then 35 W is not sufficient to be able to reach 100 C while inhaling. In this case increase the W until it does. Say to 45 W.

If, on the other hand, 100 C is reached while inhaling at a much lower wattage, say 15 W, then you can decrease your Watt limit, say to 20 W. The advantage of using 20 W instead of 35 W is that the 5meo will not be vaped too much too fast.

A good modbox should have no trouble with a higer max W than needed to reach the temp as it will alway keep it lower, a poor one could have trouble if the feedback algorithm lags a bit. If your modbox works less well you may use direct Wattage mode instead of TC mode. First go TC on an empty mesh and inhale steadily. Note the amount of Wattage in real time. It will fluctuate, but take the average. Then change to wattage mode, set the average Watt seen before, load your 5meo and inhale at the same speed you did previously. The device wont control the temp for you, but you can control it yourself by adjusting your inhalation speed. If it gets too hot inhale faster to cool the mesh more (counter intuitive). If it you get too little vapor inhale slower which will cool the mesh less, making it heat up more, giving you more vapor. Tweak the Wattage as per experience.

Hope that makes sense and that I am not making stuff overly complicated.

spx001
#12 Posted : 9/8/2021 7:22:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand what do you mean. I will test it.

spx001
#13 Posted : 9/12/2021 10:40:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

so i tryed 100°C, TCR 105 and 30 Watt. I do not know how much was a dose. I think it was up to 5mg. My scale is cheap China. After a few seconds I felt burn smoke in my mouth but maybe I inhaled too fast. The take took circa 10 seconds, after that I start feeling cold and buzz around my body. It had the same scary unpleasant effect like Salvia Divinorum at the beginning. But my mind was prepared and calm. I did not see any colors, I was just in relaxed state, perhaps the dose was too small or I burned down all with bad vape setting. I was like I played football all day and after that I was finally in my bad. Pain and pleasant feel in my legs and arms. It was hard to breathe, like I had a weight on my chest. I think I had pleasure feels like in orgasm in the groin area for several seconds. Very pleasant. But the effect start falling down after while. I think it took circa 10 - 15 minutes. Not bad, but that burn smoke is unpleasant.

Maybe I will try to open the vent holes to full and decrease the Watt to 20. I saw that a few DMT left on the mesh. MAybe I should increase the temperature?

Thank you.

potnoble
#14 Posted : 9/12/2021 11:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello

If it tastes burnt lower the temp or even the watts a little more.
You can also just pulse the fire button and not hold it.
The goal is to find a setting that is fool proof so even if you are gone you can´t burn your
lips.
It is very difficult to give someone the settings. You have to find out for yourself since
there are so many variables.

I wish you good luck and alot of fun with the e-mesh Thumbs up
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

some one
#15 Posted : 9/15/2021 11:25:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear you got a step closer.

Yes, what potnoble says Thumbs up

It should not taste burned. I think I know what went wrong.. you want the vent holes fully or almost fully open and inhale faster. The stronger you inhale, the more air passed the mesh, the better it vapes. But don't inhale too fast or you don't get all in one go. Optimum is full lungs at 10 seconds. Practice inhaling through the device without power. It the smoke gets rough inhale faster to cool the air a bit more (this is counter intuitive).

100 C is already the lowest temp. You could decrease the max wattage, as 30W probably reaches higher temps. Do the test without substance. Set it to 20W and see if 100 C is reached while inhaling. Try again with 15W. Fine tune the max W.

Then, say its 17W, place some 5meo on the mesh without RDA top cover. Press power and blow on the 5meo to simulate inhaling. If it vapes without burned smell you are good to go. If it doesnt increase W or temp. Try tweaking to find the sweat spot. Its better to have a bit too little power and inhaling 2x instead of a bit too much and burning it. Inhaling 2x will make sure no 5meo is left over.

Keep fine tuning, it works great when you get the settings right. You just need to play around a bit, trail and error. Maybe all you need to do is open the air holes and inhale faster, but I would also optimize the max W as 30W could be more than needed.

Let us know how your next try goes

K0sma
#16 Posted : 11/2/2021 10:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HI

I use 200°C and 29 watt and it works perfect.