We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Blown away by the blue lotus Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 9/11/2021 9:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my world rocked by blue lotus for the first time last night. I have used it smoked and steeped with wine to mild effect in the past, but last night I had my first fullblown entheogenic experience.

I used a 15:1 nymphaea caerulea extract, preloaded with 3:1 CBD:THC full spectrum RSO about an hour before that, and had a full dose of Ayahuasca the night before this. I'm not sure how these other things contributed to the synergy. To be cautious, I tried 3 drops in a tall glass of water, just to see if the spirit would say hello, and drank it slowly over an hour.

It was so beautiful, yet unlike anything I ever experienced. I chilled in the darkness of my room and listened to crickets. The headspace was hypnotic and dreamlike, yet my thought process was not impaired. There was a sense of spinning/swimming in my head that felt like significant alcohol intoxication, but no sickness or body load. There was a similarity to the borderline lucid dream states sedative strains of kratom can induce, but it "took" my whole head the same way smoking DMT or salvia can "take" your head, whereas cannabis doesn't "take" my head the same way and leaves me feeling very much existing in my body.

I had mild CEVs, was in an intensely blissful state, and then things got SUPER erotic. 10/10 should try this with a special person if you have one Laughing

It lasted for a few hours and I eventually fell asleep.

Very cool to finally have a proper breakthrough with lotus.

Neither Aya nor cannabis typically produce any of these effects that I experienced with the lotus. Love

*I'm not sure if MAOIs and blue lotus are contraindicated - does anyone know? I haven't found much info on the web, other than people here having added it to changa in small amounts (which could fare differently than oral administration?). I would definitely also not take more than this with lingering MAOI in my system because sedatives and MAOIs can often result in respiratory depression. Just want to emphasize for anyone reading that you do not want to ever be cavalier with MAOIs and sedatives.

I also wonder if the fact that I consumed this in an alcohol preparation enhanced its efficacy?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 9/12/2021 7:07:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How much did you take the said extract? I've used 1 gram of 10 x extract mixed with water a few times to get a small effect. Haven't dared to up the dose.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 9/14/2021 3:29:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3 drops of a 15:1 tincture in a glass of water.

I've had variable results with blue lotus over the years, and the web is full of variable qualities of experiences.

This is the first lotus I've had that ever made me Shocked

I tried again last night, and the potency is consistent. The flavor is also very distinct, inky, like what I would imagine breaking open a pen and dumping ink into the water would taste like, but also with a salty/metallic/milky quality and narcotic floral notes.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 9/14/2021 11:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the dreams blue lotus gives me. Vaping it in an arizer extreme Q gave me stronger effects.i like to chop 3 whole flowers into a tea with a few grams of passionflower as well. I think some folks look for super strong highs but its a subtle medicine. With the extract in tea my wife and i had a fairly erotic experience. It was like orgasm stretched and magnified through our bodies. Very nice.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?