We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Highly variable sensitivity to DMT between individuals? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 8/11/2021 8:01:53 PM

My Personalized Tag

So, this is a question inspired by a recent experience I had with my friend which I detail in another post ("God---is he still breathing?" ).

I made two teas from 7g Syrian rue and 15.5g powderized mimosa RB. I then split this perfectly evenly for the two of us. I made sure to shake up the liquid to redistribute any collection at the bottom of the container, yet when we started the trip my poor friend was in about 100x deeper than I was.

I believe this was partially "willed" by my psyche in a way, but... 7.5 grams of mimosa has never given me an overwhelming trip. Usually sort of faded CEVs and a very noticeable shift in openness and thought. It absolutely annihilated my friend, however, who was reacting how I'd expect 15 grams to make me feel if I drank it alone. Not only that, he stayed "up" for many hours—I was free of any effects after 1-2 hours.

How is it possible for people's receptivity to DMT to be so different? Varying expression of the relevant receptors? Differing levels of MAO in the body? Being chosen by god to have a vision on a particular night?
I'd love to read any thoughts.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/12/2021 12:04:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hey friend,

I haven't gotten a chance to read your post detailing this recent experience but intend to soon.

In regards to your query: subjective stance to the set and setting of the experience, body constitution (bmi, body weight, relative sensitivity of nervous system, diet as well as recent nutrient intake, neural (and receptor) framework, etc), recent drug use, and psychedelic history and experience, are a few of the things that provide differences in subjective experience between various individuals.

Hope that helps a little.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

DeltaSpice
#3 Posted : 8/13/2021 5:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Your post reminded me of the phrase "Sometimes a little can do a lot and sometimes a lot can do little"
There is also the fact that you can fight it mentally and it will lessen dramatically or you can totally accept everything and have a serious experience but in your case it sounds like the first option.

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 8/13/2021 7:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alkaloids tend to fall to the bottom of the brew so if you poured yourself first and after that to your friend, it might be one factor. Then there is of course the habituation.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Dirty T
#5 Posted : 9/12/2021 9:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed for myself with psilocybin, sometimes 1g makes me feel almost nothing even after weeks without use then sometimes 1g of the exact same psilocybin will cause OEVs and 'spaghetti legs' force me to purge, etc... And that's the spectrum in sensitivity to a single individual with just one tryptamine. As stated previously people vary wildly in their sensitivity from person to person from BMI, brain chemistry, use and abuse history etc... It can even vary for one individual in crazy ways as I have described here.

I considered at one point inconsistencies in material content but I have been growing one mushroom for 3 years (it's a clone) and it has been thoroughly tested to be consistent in potency from fruit to fruit. I have another albino one I grow that can give OEV as low as .3 grams. Me and a few friends have an ongoing theory that the special cubes like certain Albinos are not just higher in Psilocybin and Psilocin but actually are producing some other alkaloid that potentiates the effects. The Albinos are approximately 3 to 4 times stronger than my 'normal' Koh Samui cubes but have a different feel, more electric and a breakthrough dose is sub half ounce whereas the Kohs have always taken over 1.5oz for a similar experience.

ms_manic_minxx
#6 Posted : 9/13/2021 4:11:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My craziest oral experiences have been with <1g MHRB. I cannot fathom what 7+ would do to me.

I'm also smashed on one glass of wine, always had to cut benadryl tabs in half, have a laundry list of antibiotics that give me rashes or make my throat close, slept 36 hours the last time I took some nyquil.

Something is probably atypical with my enzymes. My mom miscarried a lot before and after me. I came out strange in a few ways. Confused I have sensory processing issues too.

I had one friend I used to drink with who needed 200+ grams of Caapi to remotely feel anything. Dosing him always made me so nervous, considering my own sensitivity. He could also hold 20 beers and walk a straight line.

2-3g of Mimosa is probably a safer bet for a person's first time, provided they are seasoned with psychedelics. I don't ever give people huge doses on the first go because you just don't know how someone will metabolize it. A traditional cup of Aya is around 50mg of DMT, and Daime only serves theirs at half that.

But I do think there is an X factor to breakthrough experiences that is nonphysical, all of this aside. Setting, psychology, astrology... who knows.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test