We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-Limonene and vinegar "full spectrum" DMT extraction Options

Anciaki
#1 Posted : 8/11/2021 1:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow travelers,

I've come across this guide on Psychonaut wiki, what do you think of it?
https://psychonautwiki.o...ectrum%22_DMT_extraction
Will it work?

After I will have the acetate how could I basify it?
Even if not basified is it ok to vape it in a traditional way?

Thanks Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

FeraeNaturae
#2 Posted : 8/11/2021 5:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friend.

"Acetates conversion
To achieve a smokable product, you must convert your acetates to freebase.

Add excess sodium carbonate to your dmt acetate goo. Add a bit of water to make a paste and mix well. Then dry the paste. Mash the chunks as it dries to make the process faster. Powderize the final product, put in a glass container and add IPA or acetone (both will work equally fine). Make sure your acetone or IPA are dry (99%+), otherwise they will pull sodium carbonate/sodium acetate along with the DMT. Mix well, let the powder settle and decant/pippete out the IPA or acetone, into a new container. Do this 3 or 4x. Evaporating this will yield you dmt freebase, but it is very possible that it wont crystalize and will remain as a goo (potentially because of presence of more dmt n-oxide formed when evaporating the acetates, or maybe vinegar pulls more plant oils from limonene than when doing fumaric acid pulls? who knows... ). Instead of evaporating by itself, you can evaporate it in a container with some herbs to make 'enhanced leaf' or changa. The ideal ratio of herbsVery happymt is around 1:1. But since you dont know how much there is because you havent weighed the goo, you can make an estimate. If you put all the pulls from your mimosa extraction together, made it all into acetates and converted, then calculate around 1% of mimosa weight in DMT, and add this in herbs to your evaporating dmt-ladden IPA or acetone. It will quite possibly be quite more DMT than 1%, but it is better that its a strong (and maybe sticky) changa than a weak changa, because a strong changa you can always just add more IPA/acetone to the whole thing to redissolve the dmt and add more herbs. On the other hand, weak changa you wont be able to add dmt (unless you make another extraction). Weigh your infused herbs after they are dry, subtract by how much was the weigh of your un-infused leaves, and you'll know exactly how much dmt you have. You are ready to launch Smile"

Source: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...B_-_The_Big_Leisurely_AB

Enjoy your travels!
Friends, it is possible that in some of my statements it is difficult to grasp the meaning, do not judge me harshly, I do not speak English and I communicate with you through a Google translator

shroombee
#3 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:03:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Q21Q21 Vinegar/Lime tek is basically the same tek, with more pictures and details.

You can vape the jimjam DMT acetate, but it will be harsh. In my experience, evaporating the reduced liquid all the way down to a goo works better for vaping than trying to vape the liquid drops. But perhaps my technique is just poor. You can store the jimjam as a liquid tincture (per the tek) and evaporate down as needed in a toaster oven. Scrape with a razor blade and spread goo onto your vape stone or disk.

In addition to FeraeNaturae's basifying method, you can base the liquid jimjam using pickling lime, pull a few times with hot heptane (heat it using a dish of near boiling water, no flames!), and toss in the freezer to get xtals.

Finally, if you are interested in pharmahuasca, you can mix harmine with the jimjam drops in water and consume for oral dosing. Add a splash of lemon juice or citric acid if you're using harmine freebase to get everything to dissolve.

Anciaki
#4 Posted : 8/11/2021 10:57:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I came across this guide but I opted for the psychonaut's one because
- it uses lime and I have lye
- "this tek does not work with shredded/whole MHRB" and I have shredded (that I'll grind to a finer texture)

But I guess I can use lye instead of lime in the same amounts as wrote in the FAQ:
"For STBs, 1g MHRB:1g Lye:15ml Water is generally accepted as a good ratio."

shroombee
#5 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anciaki wrote:
I came across this guide but I opted for the psychonaut's one because
- it uses lime and I have lye
- "this tek does not work with shredded/whole MHRB" and I have shredded (that I'll grind to a finer texture)

Lime is safer than lye, but lye is a much stronger base and probably breaks down the shredded MHRB a lot more effectively than lime. Also, lime is not as soluble in water. Depending on the plant material, lime can work better than lye or vice versa. Generally, lime works fine when extracting mescaline from cactus whereas lye seems to work better for extracting DMT from MHRB.

Th3_tRuTh
#6 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:29:54 PM

YĆ«gen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

I recently followed Shaggy's jungle tek and was very happy with the result. Super easy and you don't have to convert acetate to freebase.

Anciaki
#7 Posted : 8/12/2021 6:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that I rode few more guides I came up with some ideas for a custom one.

So this one from the title is a STB but I might have better results with an A/B.

Whould it work if:
1 - 60g mimosa fine bark (I sieved it trhough a strainer to isolate smaller chunks and powder) boiled for for 2 hours trhee times along with 60ml of vinegar and sufficent water to cover it each time
2 - I now have a thick reddish solution and a spent greish bark that could be reused in the future. I basify It with 1:1 quantity of lye and let is cool down until a bit above room temperature
3 - in a sealable container add the non-polar solvent, in my case limonene, and shake the hell out of it and let it rest to separate it from the emulsion and wait few hours
4 - repeat step 3 for different pull
5 - take the collected dmt infused solvent (limonene) in a container along with pure viegar and shake it and late it rest to pull
6 - repeat step 5 for for different pulls
7 - now that I have vinegar infused dmt I can procede either to reduce it to a jimjam or to basify it and obtain a freebase with sodium carbonate

* the steps were edited and corrected

shroombee
#8 Posted : 8/12/2021 6:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anciaki wrote:
Now that I rode few more guides I came up with some ideas for a custom one.

So this one from the title is a STB but I might have better results with an A/B.

Whould it work if:
1 - 60g mimosa fine bark (I sieved it trhough a strainer to isolate smaller chunks and powder) boiled for for 2 hours trhee times along with 60ml of vinegar and sufficent water to cover it each time
2 - I now have a thick reddish solution and a spent greish bark that could be reused in the future.
- in a sealable container add the non-polar solvent, in my case limonene, and shake the hell out of it and let it rest to separate it from the emulsion and wait few hours
3 - repeat step 2 for different pull
4 - take the collected dmt infused solvent (limonene) in a container along with pure viegar and shake it and late it rest to pull
5 - repeat step 4 for for different pulls
6 - now that I have vinegar infused dmt I can procede either to reduce it to a jimjam or to basify it and obtain a freebase with sodium carbonate

Before adding the limonene in step #2, you need to basify the acidic solution with lime. Basing converts the DMT acetate to DMT freebase so it will then migrate to the limonene.

Before step #5, decant the limonene from the vinegar layer. A separatory funnel makes this much easier.

If you're comfortable working with lye, why not base with lye and pull with naphtha or heptane to get DMT freebase? What's the appeal of a full spectrum DMT acetate tek? I've done vinegar/lime/limonene myself simply because I don't care to work with lye and my current practice is oral pharmahuasca which doesn't require DMT freebase (DMT acetate is fine).

Anciaki
#9 Posted : 8/12/2021 10:53:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, basification of course I forgot to mention it but I would have done it. It's such a "basic" step.

About lye, I'd use it because I now have it and would have to wait few days to get it from amazon, also I rode that the increased strenght of lye makes extracting from shredded bark easier since I rode that shredded bark works poorly with limonene. Sadly where I am I don't have a grinder or a mixer.

And why don't I use naphta or heptane? Well, because in the country where I am now I couldn't find it anywhere, and to buy petroleoum ether I had to spend on some international shipment that made limonene, an healthier alternative, about as expensive.

Anciaki
#10 Posted : 8/31/2021 1:39:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The first harvests have been tested with great pleasure and awe.
Once I acetone washed the sodium carbonate infused dmt I divided volumetrically the liquid in two halves
- one fandried on a pyrex plate that once all on the blade was weighted and was around 700mg

- one in a small jar with 1g of passionflower leaves and 225g of pure harmala freebase
Anciaki attached the following image(s):
photo_2021-08-31_02-43-10.jpg (42kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
photo_2021-08-31_02-43-12.jpg (31kb) downloaded 136 time(s).

Anciaki
#11 Posted : 8/31/2021 6:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you think instead of pulling with vinegar from limonene using a citric acid water solution? To have less impurities

Dirty T
#12 Posted : 9/2/2021 6:13:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't you mean pulling from limonene with vinegar? Pulling an alkaloid laden NPS with an acid converts back to salts, remove the now 'cleaned' (of alkaloid content anyways) NPS then you can then basify and pull with fresh NPS. This process is known as backsalting or mini a/b and can be used to recover DMT from the solution within the freeze precipation saturation threshold (approximately 1mg per ml for Naptha, I'm not sure about D-Limonene, I personally prefer Naptha as a NPS but everyone has their preferences and each has its benefits.)

Anciaki
#13 Posted : 9/3/2021 1:00:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I want to do is to salt DMT out of the d-limonene solution to basify it and then acetone wash it: basically substituting it to the vinegar.
Imma gonna try it tonight.

About cristalization, with limonene is near to impossible (at least to what I've read everywhere until now).

Anciaki
#14 Posted : 9/6/2021 10:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it dissolves but it's not as good as the vinegar. Three pulls now with limonene/water solution in the ratio 1:1 and still the limonene is very yellow.
Does someone knows why?
I might just finish with the vinegar