We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Pull Strategy Options

LST
#1 Posted : 9/5/2021 12:41:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

Total noob... about 100 or so hours of research...totally get the chemistry.

Using a simple heated STB Tek... no acid or washing upfront... and I thought I had everything down perfect ... actually all seems pretty straight forward and then I got to the pull. I never thought it would be so tough. I am using a 10m pipette and having a hell of s time not pulling the solution when I get past the first 20ml. My question is ... and pardon my stupidity ... can you be sloppy at the end...pull the last bit in a mix and let's say use a 100ml small glass in warm water and let it settle for the last part of the pull or am I full of shit on this one?

Many thanks in advance.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 9/5/2021 1:22:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

LST wrote:
Hi All,

Total noob... about 100 or so hours of research...totally get the chemistry.

Using a simple heated STB Tek... no acid or washing upfront... and I thought I had everything down perfect ... actually all seems pretty straight forward and then I got to the pull. I never thought it would be so tough. I am using a 10m pipette and having a hell of s time not pulling the solution when I get past the first 20ml. My question is ... and pardon my stupidity ... can you be sloppy at the end...pull the last bit in a mix and let's say use a 100ml small glass in warm water and let it settle for the last part of the pull or am I full of shit on this one?

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome LST. Your post made me chuckle (granted I am coming down from changa presently).

Anywho, that's a clever idea, and in theory could probably work.

I generally don't try to get every last bit of solvent in the soup. Just something I've accepted.

Another strategy you could use would be utilizing chase jars. Ime, for example, I spit each pull into one jar. One the set of pulls from an initial volume of solvent is complete, I pour from the first chase jar into the second, and place the second in the fridge. I then add more solvent to the soup and do it again until that whole part of the process is finished. Then I transfer from the second chase jar into my evaporation dish. Anything that's not DMT and/or plant fats usually sticks to the jar.

Also, towards the end of a set of pulls, you can such up some of the soup with the solvent, and before emptying the pipette into the jar, allow any of the sucked up soup to settle at the bottom of the pipette. When it's all settled, spit that small settled amount back into the soup and the rest in your collection jar.

Good luck

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

LST
#3 Posted : 9/5/2021 1:56:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix... thank you so much. I appreciate just having someone to talk to about this... damn pipette is so thin the gunk stuck to the side and I panicked... ran to get another pipette... confidence crushed ... squirting it in a shot glass... fearing my glass plate was going to be tainted with fat and shit.. my day's work shot because I can't use a pipette.... DAMN IT... I knew I should have got that separation funnel with the stopcock ... my mind saying I told you so you cheap bastard. lol I actually left the shot glass out and I think I see some tiny crystals there.... oh weil... I will learn.. ha ha

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 9/5/2021 2:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LST wrote:
Voidmatrix... thank you so much. I appreciate just having someone to talk to about this... damn pipette is so thin the gunk stuck to the side and I panicked... ran to get another pipette... confidence crushed ... squirting it in a shot glass... fearing my glass plate was going to be tainted with fat and shit.. my day's work shot because I can't use a pipette.... DAMN IT... I knew I should have got that separation funnel with the stopcock ... my mind saying I told you so you cheap bastard. lol I actually left the shot glass out and I think I see some tiny crystals there.... oh weil... I will learn.. ha ha

It's not too late until you throw everything out really. There are always steps that can be taken to further purify the spice.

Using the pipette properly takes fine motor control of the hands. Really, it just takes practice. Keep it up. Don't rush. Be patient. Be observant. Keep hope. And Keep faith in yourself.

Sep funnel won't do much good apparently. I inquired about that a while ago, receiving several replies on how it would be a waste of funds.

So where are you at in your process now? Try to give me all the detail you can. If I can't help, I'm sure one who can will weigh in on it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

LST
#5 Posted : 9/5/2021 2:41:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Voidmatrix,

I just put my first pull in the freezer a few hours ago.

agitating my second pull...doing 2 more agitations or folding the liquids ... one per hour then settle ... crock pot .. water about 40C.... was at 60C for the first pull. Hoping it wasn't too hot.

The shot glass evaporated with the gunk in it. Attached is zoomed in ... I think I see crystals.

LST attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 9.33.49 PM.png (1,261kb) downloaded 53 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 9/5/2021 3:23:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dump about 20ml of hot nathpta into the shot glass, swirl, decant into new clean glass.

So you're keeping everything hot? I don't, but heard it works well.

What tek are you using? I'm wondering if you need to wait so long between tumbles.

Melting point:40c Boiling point:80c-135c. Shouldn't be any loss due to heat

One love

LST
#7 Posted : 9/5/2021 3:38:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Shoot.. I just cleaned the glass. Reminds me of the first joint I ever smoked and threw the roach out the window and my friend freaked... lol (back in the day when weed was much harder to get)

hmmm... maybe I don't have to wait so long...

here is my strategy ....

two shot glasses... thank you for the temp info btw...

I am going to crank up the heat a little while I do the next pull.

I am going to be as careful as possible to keep the 1st shot glass pure.

Sloppy on 2nd... both shot glasses in hotter water ... let sit... ummm.. say 30 mins... re-pull form both shot glasses into glass plate #2.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 9/5/2021 3:46:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eh, it happens. Fortunately it wasn't a lot.

I use several glasses over the course of all my pulls (using Cyb's Max Ion Tek). When a first chase jar is too gunked from the soup, I use a new one. The second chase jar stays the same jar.

You can also add 10-20ml more per set of pulls to make it a little easier until you get your technique down.

And you don't need to wait that long with them in the hot water. Maybe a couple minutes.

Keep it up. You'll get it.

One love

LST
#9 Posted : 9/5/2021 4:43:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you.

progress Pleased
20210904_232603.jpg (3,490kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

LST
#10 Posted : 9/6/2021 1:12:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

wow very excited.... my very first extraction.

everything is drying now. I do think 40C is the right temp for the whitest crystals. I think the 60C pull had more fats but I was a bit sloppy with the pull. I will see my total yield later today.

4 pulls
3 filters

My crystals did not form big and attach to the glass... not sure why. Any ideas would be welcomed. I waited 30 - 48 hours while they were in the freezer.

Thank you all.

LST

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.06.32 AM.png (969kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.05.29 AM.png (989kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.04.52 AM.png (1,224kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 9/6/2021 6:21:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't really get big xtals either. If I'm not mistaken, slower precipitation in a smaller volume dish will help grow bigger xtals.

Great job. Knew you could do it!

One love