We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oil Burner ( Glass Pipe) Options

Dimitri-Trance
#1 Posted : 1/30/2010 11:26:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats the best method to heat it up?
Lighter or Torch L.?

I know if I use either one it will make a huge difference.
This has happened to me with The Machine, the light bulb, and the ash method.
The Lither has worked best with the light bulb method, while the torch worked better with The Machine and the ash method.

(Pic)...not mine.haha
http://i22.photobucket.c...s/b325/dizzyloc/need.jpg

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nodice
#2 Posted : 1/31/2010 1:01:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try both
and also try wood matches,
then graduate up to a blow torch or a laser beam. Smile
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

Dimitri-Trance
#3 Posted : 1/31/2010 1:04:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nodice wrote:
Try both
and also try wood matches.

Its just that im sick of wasting spice.
Matches? I tried to do so before. Needed about 10 matches. Burned my fingers.

amrilir
#4 Posted : 1/31/2010 1:21:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about an oil burner, but I've found that using a candle with the machine works the best. I tried a torch lighter, a normal bic lighter, matches and candle just worked best for me. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and if you're worried about wasting spice, why didn't you stick to using the machine? Did it not work very well for you?

Dimitri-Trance
#5 Posted : 1/31/2010 2:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amrilir wrote:
I don't know about an oil burner, but I've found that using a candle with the machine works the best. I tried a torch lighter, a normal bic lighter, matches and candle just worked best for me. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and if you're worried about wasting spice, why didn't you stick to using the machine? Did it not work very well for you?

It works well, but im just concerned about the dish scrubber mesh material being inhaled.
Im interested in the glass pipe because I have heard awesome trip reports on it by Terence Mckenna himself.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 1/31/2010 6:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

amrilir wrote:

A candle was SWIM first tried the machine, and it did work well. He switched to a torch, however, and never went back. He guesses it can take a bit of getting used to but never had trouble with it, himself.

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
It works well, but im just concerned about the dish scrubber mesh material being inhaled.
Im interested in the glass pipe because I have heard awesome trip reports on it by Terence Mckenna himself.

Most designs of the machine have safe guards in place. The standard design does not have enough pressure for this to happen, either due to plenty of air passage around the inhalation tube and/or through the plug. SWIM's design used a bubbler to protect from this. The baster design uses a cotton ball. Some rely on nothing more than air passage through the plug, and SWIM would like to think they leave plenty.

Terence is not the end-all reference of DMT use. The culture has taken leaps and bounds since his time and apart from his influence. He spoke well on the experience, but is not necessarily the authority on its administration.

gammagore
#7 Posted : 2/1/2010 8:55:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Use a torch lighter, you can baby that bowl nice and good.

If you do use a bic lighter, you can be sure you will vape that spice proper, but you will also burn it, and end up with a black pipe.

You might aswell make some changa/enhanced leaf and just smoke it out of a bong. After some time you should be able to punish a bowl in one pull.

Now, im able to put the bong down as the effects are starting to take hold of reality. Much easier than trying to figure out what the heck is happening when you are starting to take that second/third pull.

ghostman
#8 Posted : 2/1/2010 9:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:

If you do use a bic lighter, you can be sure you will vape that spice proper, but you will also burn it, and end up with a black pipe.

You might aswell make some changa/enhanced leaf and just smoke it out of a bong. After some time you should be able to punish a bowl in one pull.

Now, im able to put the bong down as the effects are starting to take hold of reality. Much easier than trying to figure out what the heck is happening when you are starting to take that second/third pull.

All hail the Changa Bong!
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Dimitri-Trance
#9 Posted : 2/1/2010 9:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:

I just got one! But torch it? My friend that gave it to me said to use a lighter. He said the torch with break the glass.

gammagore
#10 Posted : 2/1/2010 9:49:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, no offence to your friend, but he is talking rubbish.

If you are talking about getting the oil burner then the torch lighter will most deffinately not crack the pipe.

Trust me, this was my first method of administration and the the pipe is still fine.

But the only way to find out yourself is to test it out yourself and report back.

Dimitri-Trance
#11 Posted : 2/1/2010 11:46:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Hmm, no offence to your friend, but he is talking rubbish.

If you are talking about getting the oil burner then the torch lighter will most deffinately not crack the pipe.

Trust me, this was my first method of administration and the the pipe is still fine.

But the only way to find out yourself is to test it out yourself and report back.

Cool then.
I tried it today with cannabis! I held a candle flame to it and vaporized the herbs within seconds!!!Shocked Very happy

If Cannabis has a higher boiling point then DMT and the candle flame was enough for cannabis, then I really dont think I should use a torch tho.Confused

Blackstatis
#12 Posted : 2/2/2010 12:03:37 AM

Johnny Noone

i've used both lighter and torch. the torch is good to heat up the bowl the fastest, but you have to make short passes with the lighter to keep it from burning once its vaping. the bic is nice because you just hold the bulb in the blue part of the flame until it starts to vape then start pulling slow with the bulb in the blue the whole time. i have used a bic and cleared a 50 mg dose in one hit before, my favorite way to do it. you have to watch it carefully either way though. good luck.

Dimitri-Trance
#13 Posted : 2/2/2010 12:14:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blackstatis wrote:
i've used both lighter and torch. the torch is good to heat up the bowl the fastest, but you have to make short passes with the lighter to keep it from burning once its vaping. the bic is nice because you just hold the bulb in the blue part of the flame until it starts to vape then start pulling slow with the bulb in the blue the whole time. i have used a bic and cleared a 50 mg dose in one hit before, my favorite way to do it. you have to watch it carefully either way though. good luck.

Sweet!
Bic lighter + 50mg in 1 hit= your fav.
That sounds awesome man!
I can picture it...and its nice.Cool
Cant wait to try it!!!

idtravlr
#14 Posted : 2/2/2010 9:57:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Dimitri-Trance. A standard lighter burns cooler and is much easier to manage once you hit the vape point. What you're really doing is heating the glass to the vaporization point, so with a "softer" heat it's much easier to maintain a constant temperature once you see those very faint first wisps of vapor. It takes a little practice to get used to, but you'll figure it out quickly, and like D-Trance said... You absolutely can vape 50mg in one hit if you manage your intake slowly and smoothly, and keep that bowl heat right in the sweet spot. Good luck!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna