We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Canna Cartridges Keep Becoming Clogged Options

#1 Posted : 9/2/2021 1:33:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Relatively new to cannabis cartridges. Typically about half way through the cartridges use it will become clogged.

I've tried a number of things:

1) Using a hair dryer to heat up the middle/bottom section of the cartridge in order to loosen the oil prior to screwing it back on the pen for use. Works for a few draws, then slowly clogs back up.

2) Using the 15 second preheat function on the pen when a clog becomes apparent. Works for a few draws, then slowly clogs back up.

3) Taking a paperclip through the mouthpiece down into the thin metal cylinder that runs up through the middle of the cartridge, carefully scraping up && out any noticle amount of oil lodged down near the middle/bottom of the cylinder.

** I'll typically store any of my cartridges not in use with their little bottom caps, so that they can sit upright && not on their sides when not in use.

I've read from a few other forums that typically no matter the brand of cartridge, even the top tier ones - they can all potentially clog? Not sure if that's the case, but it's what I'd gathered from the little bit I'd read on other folks review/s of things.

Maybe it's user error <<<< (this is highly probable) Laughing

Cheers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 9/2/2021 3:09:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah they typically do clog, unless if you have a thinner oil, like THC-O. D8 especially can be quite thick and leads to a lot of clogs.

I pretty much do the same as you, but i've found heating the bottom of the cart with a torch lighter enough to loosen things up, works best. Between heating the bottom and pre-heating the coil a little bit, i can usually do away with the clog for good, sometimes i'll get another clog but once i get things going good the clogs aren't usually an issue.

Another thing to keep in mind is to not heat the cart/oil too much or the oil will become really runny and can leak out or cause an even bigger clog. Also careful how hard you hit the cart because ime if i hit the cart too hard i'm more likely to suck more oil into the coil and cause a bigger clog, so i tend to use light pressure when taking a hit.

#3 Posted : 9/2/2021 4:04:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

ShamenStamen wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind is to not heat the cart/oil too much or the oil will become really runny and can leak out or cause an even bigger clog. Also careful how hard you hit the cart because ime if i hit the cart too high i'm more likely to suck more oil into the coil and cause a bigger clog, so i tend to use light pressure when taking a hit.

Thanks for the reply ShamenStamen

I think a good part of my issue might be that I was using the preheat far too much like you said, plus I might've been drawing too hard at times, which can be hard 'not' to do because of wanting to help clear the clog after running the preheat. I'm going to try on my first use of the day just doing the preheat plus heating the bottom a bit, work with it and see where it takes me.

Appreciate the response Smile