We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
How does your cactus garden grow? (Cactus pic thread) Options

ShamanisticVibes
#21 Posted : 7/23/2021 6:25:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:

It's the Melted Wax mutation of Bridgesii. I have no idea what caused the radical bends in the column, the mutation or some injury, but it was about a third that size when I acquired it and I suspect it looked so misshapen the previous owner might have thought it was done for.

Interesting. I never heard of the "melted wax" mutation before. That is super interesting. I love the mutated strains. The TPQC I have is my facvorite of all my cacti
May we continue to be blessed

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#22 Posted : 7/24/2021 5:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:

I am particularly in love with your thick and vigorous Bridgesii Grey Fox. They look real tasty!!!

Thanks antichode!

Your cacti are lovely as well! I really like those thick, short spined ones. Are those Pachanoi or Scopulicola or a cross?

I love seeing photos of these collections. Keep them coming everyone!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

antichode
#23 Posted : 7/26/2021 5:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You know I’m really not sure about that one short spine. It was given to me over 12 years ago and I was told it was a Pach but I’m guessing it’s a hybrid of something. It grows bigger and faster than anything else and can handle higher nitrogen levels unlike all my other pachanoi. It’s a beast! Strong too.

#24 Posted : 7/27/2021 12:26:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

some lophos from seed

○ attached the following image(s):
111.png (3,844kb) downloaded 289 time(s).

Grey Fox
#25 Posted : 7/27/2021 5:29:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
You know I’m really not sure about that one short spine. It was given to me over 12 years ago and I was told it was a Pach but I’m guessing it’s a hybrid of something. It grows bigger and faster than anything else and can handle higher nitrogen levels unlike all my other pachanoi. It’s a beast! Strong too.

It is a beautiful clone. Looks very healthy. When they are swollen thick like that and well hydrated it can be hard to differentiate between Pachanoi and Scopulicola. But to me those areoles and tips look like there is some Scop genetics in there.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 7/28/2021 10:22:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

tatt wrote:
some lophos from seed

This makes me smile. Charming little things - nice work, tatt!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MachienDome
#27 Posted : 8/30/2021 12:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Cooler than average temperatures have helped my cacti this year. The white powder on the top of some is diatomaceous earth for to thwart little nibbling critters. Here's a few pics:

Nice! How old were they when you put them in the ground outside? How did you acclimate them to the sun and how much sun are they getting? Looks like at least a few hours of direct sunlight...
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Wolfnippletip
#28 Posted : 8/31/2021 3:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in Zone 7a so am limited to pots. They get plenty of sun during the day, the problem in the middle of the Summer is limiting the amount of time they spend baking in the heat. In my experience Trichs want all the light you can give them but they seem too stall out in high temps. Sometimes those high temps (100F +) begin as early as June here. Placing them so they get morning sun/afternoon shade seems to help. I've toyed with the idea of putting a hard shell on the greenhouse and air conditioning it during the Summer, buuuuut...expense.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Voidmatrix
#29 Posted : 10/3/2021 1:35:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings friends.

Here are my three newest pups (Echinopsis Terschekii)

They brightened my day in a necessary way.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Pups.jpg (2,841kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Wolfnippletip
#30 Posted : 10/4/2021 9:36:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Allright! A new Terscheckii Club Member! Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

downwardsfromzero
#31 Posted : 10/4/2021 9:52:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wolfnippletip wrote:

ayayay!

One to a pot, I say (they get fat)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Voidmatrix
#32 Posted : 10/5/2021 12:07:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Wolfnippletip wrote:

ayayay!

One to a pot, I say (they get fat)

Hahaha! Thanks guys! Big grin

Here are the 5 PCxTPM that I got today and am about to plant.

Also, DF0, roger that.

One love
Seedlings.jpg (3,274kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Voidmatrix
#33 Posted : 10/5/2021 12:49:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In their new homes Love

One love
Lil Babies.jpg (2,499kb) downloaded 157 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#34 Posted : 10/5/2021 1:00:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Aargh! Cristate envy!

Wonder if the normal-looking ones will do some funky stuff later on?

Grey Fox
#35 Posted : 10/6/2021 2:28:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Terscheckii in the background. Bridgesii in the foreground (and far background if you can spot it).

Each species has its own coloration and character.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Voidmatrix
#36 Posted : 10/6/2021 3:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox, wow! I love it. The one in the background is big too (though small in the picture, but once it's spotted...)

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Aargh! Cristate envy!

Wonder if the normal-looking ones will do some funky stuff later on?

The cristate one was a surprise, as well as the fact that five came because I thought I only purchased four Laughing

One love

antichode
#37 Posted : 10/6/2021 8:16:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve never seen Bridgesii like that Grey Fox. They are amazing! Love

Grey Fox
#38 Posted : 10/6/2021 12:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Antichode! That Bridgesii has a unique look to it. It grows skinnier and bluer than my other Bridgesii, and the ribs and spines are somewhat unusual. I found the original one several years back at a huge cactus wholesale lot. It was unlabelled and mixed in randomly with some non-Trichocereus cacti. I've been calling it Papa Smurf. Its a good one. In fact, I recently planted some more. Smile
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

downwardsfromzero
#39 Posted : 10/7/2021 5:19:32 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Grey Fox wrote:
Thanks Antichode! That Bridgesii has a unique look to it. It grows skinnier and bluer than my other Bridgesii, and the ribs and spines are somewhat unusual. I found the original one several years back at a huge cactus wholesale lot. It was unlabelled and mixed in randomly with some non-Trichocereus cacti. I've been calling it Papa Smurf. Its a good one. In fact, I recently planted some more. Smile

Good to know. Mine look very similar to that but their providence is not wholly clear. Sounds like cloning should become a priority for me.

antichode
#40 Posted : 10/9/2021 9:36:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Some nice specimens there, wolfie, they're real food for monstrose/cristate envy - and I have the same issues with climate zone and pots that you do. One painful day I'll have to cut my bridgesii specimens, lest they swoop down and attack me... will they ever flower before then? My cactus bench will get some wheels by autumn, to facilitate transfer into their winter abode.

Antichode's rather splendid raised bed has set my garden design juices racing as well.

Well, here's the goods - some tall ones, some small ones, pup action and a peyote flower.

I think I’ve only just appreciated all of your different cuttings!

Some of Your bridgesii are very similar to Grey Foxes. Lovely! Lovely 🥰

PREV1234NEXT»