We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Collecting Info - Scientific Evidence of Wim Hof (and other) Breathing Exercise. Help pls :) Options

justB612
#1 Posted : 8/24/2021 10:11:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Nexus!

I'm looking to collect all the information about breathing exercises, especially when you breathe more than you normally would.

I'm looking for scientific literature here, and I'm also looking at possibly Human models and not animals, also preferably mechanistic explanations and not correlational data.

As an Extra, I can not find the scientific evidence backing up this article ( https://www.daniel-timms...od-biology-of-breathing/ ) , but the claims seem to be insane honestly. If anyone has them or finds them, please post it here.

Thank you very much.
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

justB612
#2 Posted : 8/25/2021 3:03:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...EHA-QEIxGmrVcuXJdA0LcPHk
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

bismillah
#3 Posted : 8/25/2021 3:22:47 PM

My Personalized Tag

Anecdotal, not scientific, but my friend had a Wim Hof phase this winter while we started an amateur outdoor boxing gym. This man would walk 5km in -15° with wind wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. He hoped cold showers and the breathing exercises would negate the cold.

He was always curled up into a ball trying to stay warm for the first hour of our meets, hahaha

I really want to believe it's true but it's just so bizarre. Also interested in scientific studies.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 8/25/2021 5:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member