We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV78910NEXT
Cactus ID Thread Options

Voidmatrix
#161 Posted : 8/19/2021 4:03:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings everyone,

Wondering if anyone could help identify if these beauties are psychoactive or not. All good if not because they are BEAUTIFUL Love

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Hmmm What Are You.jpg (2,938kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Wolfnippletip
#162 Posted : 8/19/2021 4:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like Cereus Peruvianus to me. Pretty, but not active. Smile
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Voidmatrix
#163 Posted : 8/31/2021 4:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Looks like Cereus Peruvianus to me. Pretty, but not active. Smile

Thank you so much. What characteristics brought you to that conclusion?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Wolfnippletip
#164 Posted : 8/31/2021 8:17:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The flat ribs, seemingly confirmed by google imaging "Cereus Peruvianus". I'm no expert though. Do you have an indication it's something different?

I did accidentally starve some Lumberjack Bridgesii for water one Winter and got that flat rib effect. Took two years for it to recover. Lesson learned. Smile

Voidmatrix
#165 Posted : 8/31/2021 9:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
The flat ribs, seemingly confirmed by google imaging "Cereus Peruvianus". I'm no expert though. Do you have an indication it's something different?

I did accidentally starve some Lumberjack Bridgesii for water one Winter and got that flat rib effect. Took two years for it to recover. Lesson learned. Smile

Not so much. My lady friend asked a coworker at a nursery if any of the cacti may be psychoactive and they pointed to this one. I'm actually not disappointed or anything because it is a very beautiful cactus and I am flooding my room with plants presently.

I thank you for your insight. I'm pretty new to this realm. Have yet to even have a full cacti psychoactive journey (have only microdosed).

One love

BioBoostedSpirit
#166 Posted : 9/22/2021 3:41:02 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Greetings my fellow's plant enthusiasts!

My quite neglected cacti are finally growing and enjoying their new pots, i'm super happy!!!

I bought those as pachanoi's and bridgesii's and im noticing one cutting is neither one of those..
First pic is pachanoi and bridgesii, second is pachanoi and something that look like Peruvian torch.

What you guys think, could it be a peruvianus or maybe something else?

Thank you for your time 🥰🙏

Best regards

BioBoostedSpirit attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210921_141036.jpg (3,028kb) downloaded 142 time(s).
IMG_20210921_140817.jpg (3,559kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

Grey Fox
#167 Posted : 9/23/2021 2:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you post a closer photo of it? Also a photo from above, looking down at the tip would help.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Wolfnippletip
#168 Posted : 9/23/2021 5:07:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trich ID'ing sure can be confusing. My gut feeling was it's Bridgesii, but the more I look at it the more Peruvianoid it becomes. I have a pain between my ears now. Very happy

I'm with Grey Fox. More pics needed.

downwardsfromzero
#169 Posted : 9/23/2021 8:32:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The second one looks more peruvianoid than bridge to me too. I'm no expert but my rule of thumb for bridges is that the longer spines have a kind of triangular arrangement - two point down and one up while also being fairly uniform and slender. Peruvianoid spines are more stocky, in particular having a more prominent central spine which is more or less horizontal, and there is a noticeably tapering to the stocky spines. The peruvianoid areoles are also somewhat larger than the bridge ones. A good peru is more bluish while a bridge has a deeper green (but TBM short is how it is).

Does anyone agree with my analysis? Is there anything you disagree with or perhaps that you would add to this?

That second pic shows how, perhaps with a change of growing conditions, a pachanoid can just change its mind and decide to go all peruvianoid on us Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#170 Posted : 9/23/2021 8:53:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

While we're at it, what about the specimen in the pic attached? This is in natural light, and to my eyes the bluish colour is well represented here. With a flash it looks more yellow but the photo shows better detail.

Apols there's no better specimen - the boat was missed on getting a decent shot of a better piece. If I manage to track down a shot of a decent growing tip I'll be here with it straight away.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
pow2.jpg (3,858kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Grey Fox
#171 Posted : 9/24/2021 2:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DFZ to me that looks like a Pachanoi or possibly Macrogonus. Maybe when you get some new growth it will be easier to know for sure what it is. Of course with all the crosses and hybrids these days its getting harder and harder to really know for sure anymore. I like the glaucous color.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

BioBoostedSpirit
#172 Posted : 9/24/2021 2:53:33 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Hey wonderful travellers!!

A big thanks for taking your time and posting

Here are some more pics as asked

The last one is bridgesii near that peruvianoid for comparison

Best regards💕
BioBoostedSpirit attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210924_113423.jpg (3,205kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
IMG_20210924_113441.jpg (2,832kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
IMG_20210924_114817.jpg (3,134kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

downwardsfromzero
#173 Posted : 9/24/2021 3:56:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Grey Fox wrote:
DFZ to me that looks like a Pachanoi or possibly Macrogonus. Maybe when you get some new growth it will be easier to know for sure what it is. Of course with all the crosses and hybrids these days its getting harder and harder to really know for sure anymore. I like the glaucous color.

Thanks, GF. It's a remnant of a fairly enormous - for this part of the world - old windowsill plant. Cuts have gone to a number of widely distributed folks. It'll be exciting to see how the new growth turns out. The glaucous appearance lived up to its promises.

Voidmatrix
#174 Posted : 10/30/2021 2:36:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh Boy! Here's another. Pachanoi? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Newbie.jpg (2,525kb) downloaded 86 time(s).
Newbie again.jpg (2,412kb) downloaded 86 time(s).

Grey Fox
#175 Posted : 10/30/2021 11:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its looks like a PC Pachanoi. Something happened that interrupted its growth. Maybe it was cut and rooted, or repotted, or moved to a new location? Thats why the top looks unusual. But I'm pretty sure its a PC Pachanoi.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Sunnyside
#176 Posted : 10/31/2021 6:04:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
... But I'm pretty sure its a PC Pachanoi....

Grey Fox, would you elaborate on why it's the PC?
I only have rudimentary skills to claim that it's a PC:
1 - Looking at the edge, it looks jagged and kind of 'sawtooth', as opposed to a true T. Pachanoi, which would be more of a flatter line, interrupted by the areoles and spines
2 - Above the areoles, I don't see any of the v-wing notches

Are there other things that you see, that a novice like me can look for?

Thank you.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

donfoolio
#177 Posted : 11/1/2021 12:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this a T. Peruvianus monstrusus?

https://ibb.co/zVGS5hZ
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Grey Fox
#178 Posted : 11/1/2021 9:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The upward facing areoles and the short spines and the fact that they are skinnier than most Pachanoi. They just have a certain overall look to them that stands out. They also will turn yellow easily from too much sun and the hairs on the flowers are white instead of black. I see lots of PC that develop noticable V-notches, so you can't really use that to i.d. them in my opinion.

They have an overall look to them that is recognizable, kind of like how German Shepherds have a certain look that is easy to recognize once you see them enough times.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Voidmatrix
#179 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:14:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
Its looks like a PC Pachanoi. Something happened that interrupted its growth. Maybe it was cut and rooted, or repotted, or moved to a new location? Thats why the top looks unusual. But I'm pretty sure its a PC Pachanoi.

Thank you very much. Smile

I have another question for you. I came across a post on Reddit, detailing why PC are poor choices if looking for psychedelic cacti. They had plenty of "reasons" revolving around loss in potency due to method of cultivation. What are your thoughts on this?

One love

Grey Fox
#180 Posted : 11/2/2021 12:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PC is so common in the USA that most people there who have prepared San Pedro tea from live cactus have done so with PC. The reports are all over the place in terms of potency. Many say that for them PC was active but weak. This was my experience. Others say that they had a strong trip from PC.

Generally speaking large, old cactus plants are more potent than young, smaller plants. From what I gather this is especially the case with PC. Folks in places like southern California where there are huge, old PC cacti growing locally are going to have the most potent cuttings of PC.

Also, if you use enough material then the trip can be strong, even if the cuttings are not that potent.

Also, different people have different levels of experience and different expectations for what a strong trip is like.

So I think there are many factors at play that have resulted in some of this confusion about PC's potency.

But I don't doubt that it is possible to have a strong trip with PC. But it would probably take good quality cuttings and a lot of plant material to get there.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

«PREV78910NEXT