We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How complicated is the extraction of dmt from propylene glycol vape juice, if possible Options

MindRocket
#1 Posted : 8/12/2021 9:48:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was given a vape with a large can, containing approximately .5 g of spice. HOWEVER... the propylene glycol vape juice has a very high niccotine content making it impossible to hold in long enough to get a good hit. This is spice from my own extraction that i have no problem vaping on its own, so i know the niccotine has to be the culprit. Is it possible to extract the spice from the propylene glycol and leave the niccotine behind through home chemistry techniques, or must i sadly write off this 5 points of magic as an inadvertent gift to the gods?Sad

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/14/2021 2:49:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

While I am not sure myself, I did find this for you.

Hope you're able to get your magic out of it. Though if you're like me, then you have an excuse to perform another extraction.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MindRocket
#3 Posted : 8/15/2021 4:50:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My fingers are crossed, but It seems through experimentation and washing the vape juice with heated isopropanol (ethyl alcohol 91% solution in water 75% by volume of the vape juice cannister), that i may have succeeded in isolating and recovering the dmt content in it.

At a certain point of evap during the wash (id say roughly %30 in ventilated nontemp maintained environment) the solution settled into three distinct seperate layers. Two oily layers, one pale brownish yellow and one white, seperated by and suspended almost polarly in the much thinner propylene glycol/iso solution. I transferred the two oily layers to seperate clean dry borosilicate glass surfaces and contiued with evap.

I would say without any doubt
(Insert) (!!! I have very little chemistry experience, only a basic and INCOMPLETE knowledge of chemistry principles,and literally no chemistry or lab equipment; my testing equipment are my lungs, my tongue,and my brain😂Pleased-----
that these two layers represent the two known high alkaloyd content values of both nicotine(white) and dmt(yellow).

Upon complete evap a third thicker darker layer was left, sticky to the touch and resembling in solubility, taste and smell, but lighter in colour than, the prewashed vape juice.

The colour of the solids left from the evaporated yellow sololtion was more familiar to mhrb extracts and upon dissolution and freeze precip for 4 hours in clean heated naptha, i am left with 360 mg or 0.36 g of white crystals that are larger and more cubic in shape like salt than the normal spiny grain shape of dmt crystals, but IMO the numbers and parameters line up enough for me to reasonably assume that i have successfully seperated and recrystalized the dmt.

In the end i guess theres only 1 way to find out... so unless anyone here wiser than i can offer any reason that i definitely SHOULD NOT attempt to vape these crystals...
I boldly go and leave you with the words of Terrence Mckenna:

There are old shamans, and there are bold shamans. But there are no old bold shamans
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 8/16/2021 2:07:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
sticky to the touch
Just a word of caution - nicotine concentrates can cause life-threatening poisoning by skin contact alone.

You'd be wise to test the melting point of your freeze precipitated crystals before proceeding further. It would be worth checking the solubility of nicotine base in naphtha/hexane/petroleum ether just to be sure. The data for this should be somewhere on the internet.

TLC is another useful tool that will go towards showing you how many substances might be present in a sample.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MindRocket
#5 Posted : 8/18/2021 12:04:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the warning DFZ. I have good news in this respect.👍 I am aware that high concentrations of niccotine can be deadly poisonous☠ and as such I was cautious from the start, was sure to wear latex gloves, and completely avoided the quite unfamiliar suspect white extract after it was separated.😬

My common sense as well as the amount and familiarity of the yellow extract i chose to work with i think gave me enough of an information basis to proceed WITH CAUTION.

I am unaware of the exact melting point of the crystals,🌡 however i placed two small amounts of both the ones recovered from the vape juice AND ones from my previous MHRB extraction side by side in a cold cast iron skillet on the stove top🍳. After introducing to LOW heat, both samples melted AND smoked at virtually the exact same time.

To be sure, i then placed another same sized sample of each, one at a time this time, into the hot pan to see if i could discern any difference in the smell of the smoke👃.I could not.

As a final precaution, I employed the BILL CLINTON method of smoking lol... 🎷just one puff without inhaling🎷 to see if there was any kind of off taste hahaha. There was not.😋

If it walks like a duck,right?🦆 So i let'er rip 💥,am still here, (well...back again🌠hahaha) and i am happy and truthfully quite proud of myself🥇 to say that indeed i was successful in seperating and recovering the dmt from the vape juice, while also leaving behind the unwanted niccotine.

Coincidentally, i believe the white crystals i recovered through the wash were of higher purity than the original light yellow coloured ones from the mhrb extraction and re-x in naptha. Does anybody routinely wash their extractions with alchohol after re-x in naptha? I cant say how this affects yield, as i dont know the exact amount i started with, but IMO these crystals gave a noticeably stronger experience