We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about crude mescaline extraction dosage Options

DrknChildlike
#1 Posted : 8/14/2021 12:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody!

I just did my first extraction of mescaline and chose to do a crude isopropyl alcohol extraction mainly just because of the material i had to work with.

I was gifted 100 gms. Bridgesii powdered skins. Its a measly amount first of all and so a sophisticated extraction seemed a little overkill. I mostly just didnt want to try to imbibe a large amount of powder but i wanted to try to cut some of the nausea back if possible.

Then fhe fact that its bridgesii had something to do with decision. I had read alot of anecdotal reports of there being lots of secondary and tertiary alkaloids that make a big portion of the experience, and so,... This is how i came to the decision for crude alcohol extraction hoping that it would give the means for a full spectrum experience.

Now here comes the question and reason for making the post..

The resin that I reclaimed after double boiling iso/alc off and then microwaving is a pretty large amount..

Ive read that 12 grams of resin is usually how much thats recovered or there abouts and i reclaimed 29 gms. So a little over double the amount..

How much of this resin should I be trying on first dose?

I was thinking go with a third of the total weight so 10 grams and then take maybe two grams off from that and hope for a thresh hold dose or greater but I'm thinking it definitely wouldnt be enough to short circuit and straight floor me, correct?

What do you all think?

I know that without having a somewhat pure product im just batting blind and no one can give me a straight answer.

I just got so much more than i thought i would,. Perhaps it's the extra alkaloids that are usually present in the bridge compared to other trichocereus?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

antichode
#2 Posted : 8/14/2021 8:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The other alkaloids in these cacti make up such a small amount (if at all) I doubt you could even measure them in milligrams. How much resin you get will vary widely depending on the cactus and the process

Your best bet is to eat enough to notice a threshold dose and go from there I.e. if eating two grams gives you a nice little speedy lift after a couple of hours then the next time take 20g.

If you eat 2g and feel more introspective and colours having more meaning and prominence then perhaps eat 10g next time.

Or just eat the lot over the course of a day. Space it out and stop when you feel your really getting somewhere (it takes a few hours to fully present itself)

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 8/15/2021 4:08:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With south american San Pedro powder, I made 12 grams alcohol resin from 100 grams powder. Consumed it all and had amazing trip. Full blown experience. Every bit as psychedelic as a 400ug dose of LSD. Maybe you are yielding more resin per gram of powder since your (bridgesii) cactus has more alkaloid. I made a cactus powder alcohol extraction thread check it out and post some pics of your resin!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

shroombee
#4 Posted : 8/15/2021 5:14:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DrknChildlike wrote:
I just did my first extraction of mescaline and chose to do a crude isopropyl alcohol extraction mainly just because of the material i had to work with.

I was gifted 100 gms. Bridgesii powdered skins. Its a measly amount first of all and so a sophisticated extraction seemed a little overkill. I mostly just didnt want to try to imbibe a large amount of powder but i wanted to try to cut some of the nausea back if possible.

Then fhe fact that its bridgesii had something to do with decision. I had read alot of anecdotal reports of there being lots of secondary and tertiary alkaloids that make a big portion of the experience, and so,... This is how i came to the decision for crude alcohol extraction hoping that it would give the means for a full spectrum experience.

Ive read that 12 grams of resin is usually how much thats recovered or there abouts and i reclaimed 29 gms. So a little over double the amount.

What percentage ISO did you use? 70% ISO works a lot better than 99% because the water content is necessary to pull the mescaline malate (which is not soluble in ISO).

Consider if Bridgesii skins contain 1-2% mescaline, your 100 grams would have 1,000-2,000 mg mescaline. From your 29 grams resin, 8.7 grams (30%) would be 300-600 mg mescaline.

So try that for a dose. If it feels like a solid but not overwhelming trip, it's probably closer to 300 mg. If it's a heavy like "whoa" trip, you're closer to 600 mg. As antichode said, you can increase your dosage after a few hours if you're looking for a stronger trip.