We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
violence of mushroom visions Options

titus
#1 Posted : 8/4/2021 12:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now this might be a strange question, I'm not sure, but do any of you find mushroom visions to be particularly 'violent' in comparison to other psychedelics? I'm probably inclined towards the idea that this might be something that only occurs with me, but I definitely notice that the mushroom experience tends to be a fair bit more dark and trying, and I find this to be fairly consistent. Specifically, I mean those sharp turns in the visions where the main colour palate shifts from bright neons to a sort of dull, dark red, and the content becomes obviously violent. I had a recent experience where this shift was very evident; just after the visions became clear, I was confronted with a feline entity, jeweled and intricately detailed with neon blues and greens, and it was calmly licking itself. Suddenly it began to lash out and 'bite', blood began to well up from where it bit, and the visions became more red-tinged, less neon, and a general rise in intensity came too. Similar sorts of thing happened throughout this trip. These kinds of turns do happen with other psychedlics, but I always find that with mushrooms, they are more consistent, frequent and purposeful (if that makes sense).

Is this at all a common thing for you folks?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dithyramb
#2 Posted : 8/4/2021 3:29:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I assume the experiences you are referring to are with cubensis. My semilanceata + rue experiences have always been bright, light, loving, and life affirming.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 8/4/2021 8:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experienced the dark red with dmt (mostly vaped) accompanied by some ghoulish images. I don't think it's just the mushrooms. Just being able to let those images come and go has helped in dealing with fear associated with such images I believe.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

titus
#4 Posted : 8/5/2021 1:38:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
I assume the experiences you are referring to are with cubensis. My semilanceata + rue experiences have always been bright, light, loving, and life affirming.

All of them have been with p. subaeruginosa. And my experiences, I felt, were all very loving too; but there were these shifts in tone, during which it very conspicuously felt like the mushroom 'intelligence' or 'personality' was trying to make a point by showing me these things. It didn't feel menacing or aggressive at all, but nevertheless violent.

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 8/5/2021 8:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

İ don't know anything about that species. I have read a few times that certain species are darker in experience than others, like Ps. cyanescens.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

woody
#6 Posted : 8/14/2021 5:23:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I came here today exactly because of this topic.

Did about 2.5G of liberty caps the other night and overall the trip was positive but some of the closed eye visuals were not at all pleasant. I felt like it was trying to scare me, to show me the most disturbing imagery possible. I didn’t fight it and was able to observe without actually experiencing fear but it’s stayed with me to be honest, mainly because I don’t know why I’m seeing things like that.

Sometimes I felt like entities were looking at me looking at them and then getting angry and morphing into hideous contortions. Other types it was bug like entities and depictions of them suffering.

So yes in answer to your original question things can occasionally get a bit dark on mushrooms!

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 8/14/2021 7:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think that this is typical for mushrooms only. Every psychedelic can give you a dark experience. Maybe mescaline and some of the lighter 2C's are a little less prone to scare people. But especially at higher doses, any psychedelic can be scary and dark.

Set, setting, and dosage are the most important factors, i think.

And with mushrooms, you never exactly know in advance how strong they are going to be. It will always be within a certain range, but a 10% difference in strength can sometimes feel like another world. If the psilocin content turns out to be much higher than you expected it to be, that could easily result in a much darker sort of journey.