We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
EQ Mushroom Clone Options

shroombee
#1 Posted : 8/10/2021 10:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check out the photo of this first flush of EQ on oats, using shoebox tek. What's so special about it?

This is EQ cloned from a dried specimen. A shaman friend gave it to me. It had been partially dried in front of a fan and then cracker dried in a box with desiccant.

This was the first dried tissue clone I ever attempted. I've read dried tissue cloning can be tricky. But I figured, why not try. I sat in front of my flow hood with dried shroom and agar plates ready. I snapped the base of the shroom to expose the sterile interior tissue and the stem exploded in my hand. I didn't realize the stem was hollow. Doh! Rolling eyes

In the aftermath of the explosion, in the debris, I spotted a little shard of dried mushroom with some fuzzy mycelium. I figured it was surely contaminated because I don't think it stayed within the laminar flow of the flow hood. But oh well - might as well try. I do my work in a little powder room with a HEPA air cleaner running, so the surrounding air is fairly clean. I scraped two samples of mycelium and placed on separate agar plates. I didn't use peroxide, bleach, or sterile water or anything else to hydrate or clean the sample.

A month later, nothing. Figured the experiment was a fail. A couple more weeks and I see a dime-sized spot of new mycelium on each agar plate! And no sign of bacterial or mold contamination. The growth became faster and more vigorous over the subsequent month until I transferred slivers to new agar plates. After further growth, I used a few bits of agar to inoculate a bag of oat grain. That colonized normally and eventually lead to spawning in a couple shoeboxes with 50/50 coir/vermiculate in a 1:1 ratio with the spawn. A couple weeks later and voila, now we have photos and a fun story to tell. Smile
shroombee attached the following image(s):
EQ Cloned from Dried Tissue - 2021-08-10.JPG (1,301kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/11/2021 12:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ah! I'm assuming these are what we'll use to ignore each other, right? Big grin

Way to go! I may try something similar with the variety of dried shroomies that I have.

Which reminds me, I need to better about making time to eat them...Rolling eyes

Again, awesome! Wonderful sight to behold, and a pleasant and rewarding surprise for you.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#3 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:13:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

Oh man, now you're bringing that joke over to this thread. Laughing

Quote:
Way to go! I may try something similar with the variety of dried shroomies that I have.

I've read the shrooms need to be air and desicant dried, not heat dried to clone from dried tissue. So consider that.

Quote:

With the other medicines I'm practicing with (mescaline and pharmahuasca), I also don't have time to eat my shrooms. I basically have an unlimited supply because I keep growing for fun.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:32:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks great!! What are benefits of adding vermiculite? Dry or do you add water? Maybe I will try on my next box...
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

shroombee
#5 Posted : 8/11/2021 6:58:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Looks great!! What are benefits of adding vermiculite? Dry or do you add water? Maybe I will try on my next box...

Vermiculite is non-nutritious and is used to just hold more water in the bulk substrate. I imagine you're using it in your BRF cakes? It's mixed in with the coir so absorbs water like the coir.

I did this grow with a pre-pasteurized 50/50 mix that I purchased online for convenience and happened to have it around. Going forward I will just use pre-hydrated coir from Home Depot. It's cheaper, convenient, and in my prior experiments, seems to be just as effective as the 50/50.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 8/11/2021 8:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

shroombee wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Oh man, now you're bringing that joke over to this thread. Laughing

Quote:

I've read the shrooms need to be air and desicant dried, not heat dried to clone from dried tissue. So consider that.

Quote:

With the other medicines I'm practicing with (mescaline and pharmahuasca), I also don't have time to eat my shrooms. I basically have an unlimited supply because I keep growing for fun.

I couldn't help myself Big grin

Hmmm good to know. I may need to get in touch with the source of the bulk of my dry mushies. They're given to me often, which I am thankful for.

Pharma I have yet to do and need to make time for as well. Hoping to be a part of a peyote ceremony in Octobet. Fingers crossed.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽