We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Color of caapi / chakruna / chaliponga brews after reducing down Options

mrdub
#1 Posted : 8/8/2021 9:22:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I;ve read that the brews should be a red/brown colour, then when left in the fridge for 24 hours, any remaining sediment should drop and the liquid reduce in colour.

But after reducing and being in the fridge 24 hours, they are black like coffee.

The caapi leaf brew and chaliponga brews before reduction were dark brown / red, then reducing there got very dark towards black.

The Chakruna brew was more a purple / dark brown mix colour, clearly different to the other two. Again reducing turned it black color.

I used:
400g caapi leaf for just under 2 cups of liquid.
200g chakruna for 1 cup
50g chaliponga for 1/2 a cup

Is it just the concentrations? Or over reduced? I am hoping it doesn't mean it's burnt Neutral

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 8/8/2021 9:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, that's completely normal. And you're dealing with plant material here, so you never get the exact same color each time you do it.

But you usually will get something dark and murky. Often it's black or dark brown, but even dark grey isn't abnormal. It all depends on the plant material you start with.

mrdub
#3 Posted : 8/8/2021 11:23:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

But you usually will get something dark and murky.

Dark and murky definitely is a description I would use on all them. We're all good to go then Thumbs up