We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro Cactus dosage Options

bonifacil
#1 Posted : 7/18/2021 8:51:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello! I got these 3 san pedros and my question is if you think this is enough for a moderate trip, It's my first time trying mescaline and It's pretty rare to find big san pedros cuttings for sale in my country(there are only some cactus stores that sell baby cactus with 2-3 cm). I researched a lot about this and my main concern is about the mescaline content, I can't find anything relating the age of the cactus with the % of mescaline so should I proceed with these 3 or It's just not worth it? Thumbs up Thumbs up thanks

bonifacil attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG (1,162kb) downloaded 95 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 7/18/2021 10:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's Pachanoi, and the general concensus is that the mescaline content varies from almost nothing to very potent in that type cacti. The good news is that it's Mescaline and, while you can get in over your head on any psychedelic drug Mescaline is relatively gentle and forgiving in that regard, meaning if you get a little extra it's usually a bonus. Odds are that Pach isn't likely to be one of the few extremely potent varieties.

So the only way to tell is to try it. Assuming those cacti are rooted I'd cut all three back and brew them up, leaving the stumps to grow back. Divide the tea into three doses and drink each separately with about 2 hours between the first dose and second, and then the third at about hour 6 if you feel you need it.

I would start in the morning because it's pretty much an all day deal.

Enjoy. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

bonifacil
#3 Posted : 7/18/2021 10:57:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
That's Pachanoi, and the general concensus is that the mescaline content varies from almost nothing to very potent in that type cacti. The good news is that it's Mescaline and, while you can get in over your head on any psychedelic drug Mescaline is relatively gentle and forgiving in that regard, meaning if you get a little extra it's usually a bonus. Odds are that Pach isn't likely to be one of the few extremely potent varieties.

So the only way to tell is to try it. Assuming those cacti are rooted I'd cut all three back and brew them up, leaving the stumps to grow back. Divide the tea into three doses and drink each separately with about 2 hours between the first dose and second, and then the third at about hour 6 if you feel you need it.

I would start in the morning because it's pretty much an all day deal.

Enjoy. Very happy

Thank you for such detailed answer Pleased I'll try them in a few days and I'll update here Big grin

Zilsk
#4 Posted : 8/3/2021 2:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A general rule you can use for San Pedro dosage is to measure the length of your forearm, and drink that much cactus or roughly 30cm per person. Your cactus look a bit on the young side so you would probably be fine to brew up all three, just space out the doses as it can take a few hours to properly come on.

Hope you enjoy the journey, San Pedro is beautiful.

Quetzal7
#5 Posted : 8/5/2021 11:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

San pedro, unlike mushroom, is a big teacher of patience. Its life cycle is slow ; he is more conneced to the minerals than to ephemeral bio matter ; his teaching are timeless

Meaning that i would let the cutting grow for 2-3 years, so when you ready to consume them you can make more cuttings and keep having an ever increasing supply.
To eat a young , immature cactus might reflect your own immaturity or impatience (?)
the 30 cm rule is ok. A bit more precise would be to speak in weight (full weight on the cactus) ; with the huachumas i have here, 1kg is nice, 2kg is strong, 3kg is a breakthrough