We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Opinions and Observations Requested: Differences in Experience Relative to Specific Harmalas Used Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 7/28/2021 1:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings Friends,

I just came off a two week DMT fast. Before the fast, I made a fat batch of changa using some of my favorite herbs. I just tried it yesterday. I experienced what felt like differences from the previous batch with the same herbs used. A major difference is that I added some freebase THH from Liftmode. Usually I use harmalas extracted by myself from caapi, which has THH, harmine, and harmaline (to a lesser degree), but I ran out.

Now, I am aware that the change in experience could be just me, my current state, and current events in my life. Yesterday, when certain thought structures came into being in the forefront of my mind, I felt slight fear and anxiety. It could be a projection of my inner state, but my surroundings seemed "darker" and colors weren't as vibrant, with more contrast noticed between things than before. It also felt more "solitary."

The afterglow was generally the same, but I felt an extra cognitive "sharpness."

I smoalked a smaller amount today to assess this blend more, and it was closer to what I expected from said blend, but was still of a slightly different "flavor."

If you have noticed any differences of experience with specific harmalas used, please share. What differences do you notice? Do you have a preference of some over others? Do you not notice any difference at all among the different harmalas?

Fortunately, today's journey calmed some of my worry (thinking I may not want to do much more of this fat batch made). It may just be slightly newer territory to explore.

Thank you for your feedback.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

M0K0
#2 Posted : 7/29/2021 10:45:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont have much experience with changa but to me it also seems like the herbs and plant fats you smoke with your freebase seem to influence the trip.
It is almost as if you can see their soul and their history when you mix them inside your spice.
Like JungleSpice out of Mimosa Hostilis always feels african and savanna like for me.
I have to do more research here like herbs from different parts of the world.
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 7/29/2021 10:53:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi sure is different from rue. I have only one experience with caapi. I think it has more visual and light compared to my usual experiences with oral rue + mimosa.

I'd love to experiment with different combinations, but at the moment I have found it wise to master one technique and do the inner work it entails.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ShamanisticVibes
#4 Posted : 7/29/2021 4:30:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

M0K0 wrote:
I dont have much experience with changa but to me it also seems like the herbs and plant fats you smoke with your freebase seem to influence the trip.
It is almost as if you can see their soul and their history when you mix them inside your spice.
Like JungleSpice out of Mimosa Hostilis always feels african and savanna like for me.

While I cannot attest to Harmalas, I can say that I agree with this. I notice that my experiences with less "pure" (i.e. orange and yellow spice as opposed to straight clean white) always seems to be brighter, happier, and more influentially integrated. When I smoalk the white, while I do achieve break through, there seems to be an essential part of the experience that is either blocked or absent entirely. One can say that is the "spirit", but a more effective way to describe it would probably be "fats". Just like how different brews of alcohol cause different buzzes, I believe the same principles would be in use here.
May we continue to be blessed

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 7/29/2021 6:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for your contributions.

M0K0 wrote:

I concur with the other herbs effecting the experience. As stated, I've done this particular blend before, so much so that I have 5g of it Twisted Evil . I also notice a difference when it's more gooey vs more xtal.

shamanisticvibes wrote:
While I cannot attest to Harmalas, I can say that I agree with this. I notice that my experiences with less "pure" (i.e. orange and yellow spice as opposed to straight clean white) always seems to be brighter, happier, and more influentially integrated. When I smoalk the white, while I do achieve break through, there seems to be an essential part of the experience that is either blocked or absent entirely. One can say that is the "spirit", but a more effective way to describe it would probably be "fats". Just like how different brews of alcohol cause different buzzes, I believe the same principles would be in use here.

Very interesting that so much difference is noticed between xtal of various colors. I only notice such a difference relative to how oily it is, not necessarily by color. Your response brings this thread to mind. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts relative to this.

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Caapi sure is different from rue. I have only one experience with caapi. I think it has more visual and light compared to my usual experiences with oral rue + mimosa.

I'd love to experiment with different combinations, but at the moment I have found it wise to master one technique and do the inner work it entails.

A very much noted difference has been experienced when I drink rue and vape DMT vs if smoalking changa ime as well. Did you like your experience with caapi?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#6 Posted : 7/29/2021 6:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
A very much noted difference has been experienced when I drink rue and vape DMT vs if smoalking changa ime as well. Did you like your experience with caapi?

One love

Sure! Although I couldn't resist the purge 😀

I've put it aside for now because I don't have easy access for it. Put it's good to have something to wait for. 😎
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

DeltaSpice
#7 Posted : 7/30/2021 6:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed difference with harmalas..

Rue Harmala gave me lots of vivid trips , i have many memories stored Smile whereas Caapi Harmalas not so much.
A few times Caapi has given me bright and beautiful things to look at but not in the same ballpark as Rue. However i will only ever smoke Caapi alks with DMT, dropped onto the Caapi vine...In a joint of Mullein..
I have had too many interactions with Aya to smoke anything else.

ShamanisticVibes
#8 Posted : 7/30/2021 7:03:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

voidmatrix wrote:

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts relative to this.

The color possibly being other alkaloids is something that I have never really thought of, and would be interested to learn more about. I always thought that it was plant fats making the colors, but I am yet to do my own extractions. There is a notion in the Toad community, in which proponents of the toad will state that synthetic 5-meo-DMT is lacking a "spirit" that exists in the secretions of the toad. I have always likened this to the plant fats in yellow and orange N-N-DMT. While I understand that this is all a bit "woo woo" and it is at least plausible that this could be my subconscious making 2+2=4 and steering my experiences as so, I also have a hard time dismissing the real-to-life feel of these "spirits". I would be interested to learn more if there was a way to quantify "spirit" in a scientific manner lol Big grin
May we continue to be blessed

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 7/31/2021 12:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:

I've put it aside for now because I don't have easy access for it. Put it's good to have something to wait for. 😎

This is how I feel about pharma. Still have yet to make the move.

DeltaSpice wrote:
I noticed difference with harmalas..

Rue Harmala gave me lots of vivid trips , i have many memories stored :Smile: whereas Caapi Harmalas not so much.
A few times Caapi has given me bright and beautiful things to look at but not in the same ballpark as Rue. However i will only ever smoke Caapi alks with DMT, dropped onto the Caapi vine...In a joint of Mullein..
I have had too many interactions with Aya to smoke anything else.

Do you also find rue harmala experiences to be more memorable in accord with their increased vividness?

I'm planning on doing my first rue extraction soon and will share once I make some changa with it.

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
The color possibly being other alkaloids is something that I have never really thought of, and would be interested to learn more about. I always thought that it was plant fats making the colors, but I am yet to do my own extractions. There is a notion in the Toad community, in which proponents of the toad will state that synthetic 5-meo-DMT is lacking a "spirit" that exists in the secretions of the toad. I have always likened this to the plant fats in yellow and orange N-N-DMT. While I understand that this is all a bit "woo woo" and it is at least plausible that this could be my subconscious making 2+2=4 and steering my experiences as so, I also have a hard time dismissing the real-to-life feel of these "spirits". I would be interested to learn more if there was a way to quantify "spirit" in a scientific manner lol

To my understanding, when it's gooey plant fats are often, but not completely, in contribution to its form. When it's crystal, it can be other alkaloids, but generally is just DMT, whether yellow, orange, or white.

That reminds me of the debates between Shulgin and Mckenna; Shulgin being under the impression that it's the molecule that matters, regardless of how it's created, where as Mckenna was under the impression that molecules in their most natural forms or states was what mattered in having authentic, rich, experiences with these entheogens. More of the spirit if you will. I think many people feel similarly. I have pretty much no experience with synthetic counterparts to these substances, so cannot really cast my own opinion. Things are going wonderfully as they are now in working with extraction processes with the plants as opposed to synthesizing them. I'm too busy too fall down that rabbit hole Twisted Evil

Love

One love

DeltaSpice
#10 Posted : 7/31/2021 2:43:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a bit of a photographic memory so i can recall most of what i have seen..No not more memorable due to visuals..
From my experience mixing different plants with the Rue/DMT has a massive effect..
I recall Blue lotus giving the most euphoric/blissful feelings .. Damiana was another good one...some additions were terrible also..
Thanks

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 8/2/2021 6:15:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
I have a bit of a photographic memory so i can recall most of what i have seen..No not more memorable due to visuals..
From my experience mixing different plants with the Rue/DMT has a massive effect..
I recall Blue lotus giving the most euphoric/blissful feelings .. Damiana was another good one...some additions were terrible also..
Thanks

I love having blue lotus in a blend, and have a damiana blend I still need to try out. I've just been so damn busy. I'll get to it though Smile

One love

murklan
#12 Posted : 8/2/2021 6:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
Thanks

I make my own 'enhanced leaf' blends with mostly my home grown herbs. I can say that I prefer certain blends but it seems mostly be because of taste and how well it burns. But I have hed my periods with certaing blands/herbs that seemed to have their own effects.

Curious of what/how you've done that was terrible.

DeltaSpice
#13 Posted : 8/9/2021 12:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pau d'arco was another excellent one.. I always used just one plant, that is the only way to try and understand each plant, mixing a more than one plant was not for me..

Also i could make a batch that was next level for want of a better phrase, but re creating it with the same plants and measurements never worked.. If you get an extra ordinary batch, treasure it..

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 8/10/2021 6:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
Pau d'arco was another excellent one.. I always used just one plant, that is the only way to try and understand each plant, mixing a more than one plant was not for me..

Also i could make a batch that was next level for want of a better phrase, but re creating it with the same plants and measurements never worked.. If you get an extra ordinary batch, treasure it..

I may at some point try singular herbs, but I like researching them and experimenting with synergistic and entourage effects that can differ based on permutation of herbs used.

There's a chaliponga batch that's currently being treasured lol.

One love

DeltaSpice
#15 Posted : 8/11/2021 7:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
DeltaSpice wrote:

I may at some point try singular herbs, but I like researching them and experimenting with synergistic and entourage effects that can differ based on permutation of herbs used.

One love

Chaliponga was one of the worst to smoke, the taste and feeling was very bad.I hope that was just me and yours is more successful.

Blue/pink lotus was very good but it can be awkward, i remember it does not keep well over long periods.

Salvia Divinorum is quite unique in changa.

Tynanthus Panurensis is very special.

Virola Peruviana is also very special.

Wild Lettuce was nice opium esq as you could imagine.

There are many which i cannot recall their names as i lost a lot of my supplies some time ago..

Every Changa i have smoked was rolled up with Mullein . The less Mullein in the joint ,the stronger the Changa but mullein is an addition that shouldn't be overlooked
Smile

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 8/12/2021 12:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
DeltaSpice wrote:

One love

Chaliponga was one of the worst to smoke, the taste and feeling was very bad.I hope that was just me and yours is more successful.

Blue/pink lotus was very good but it can be awkward, i remember it does not keep well over long periods.

Salvia Divinorum is quite unique in changa.

Tynanthus Panurensis is very special.

Virola Peruviana is also very special.

Wild Lettuce was nice opium esq as you could imagine.

There are many which i cannot recall their names as i lost a lot of my supplies some time ago..

Every Changa i have smoked was rolled up with Mullein . The less Mullein in the joint ,the stronger the Changa but mullein is an addition that shouldn't be overlooked
Smile

Have only smoalked my chaliponga blend once. It was amazing, but it left me intimidated a little by it. I still store it in a special jar and in my molecule box.

Thank you for listing some others that have treated you well. Going to save those for future experiments and experiences.

I too love mullein in my blends. Sometimes I opt for marshmallow leaf instead.

One love