We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
still burning some spice with E mesh?? Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 7/8/2021 2:35:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess i still havent found the ideal temp for E mesh yet....?Wut?

But with my tryed and true torch lighter and mini bong ..it works fine every time!... smooth and effective...[i think because i know how to vape it right that way]

With ..E mesh and mod combo .. sometimes spice is harsh...and has a weak effect like i destroyed some of the spice/?

I would like to use E mesh only .. but i havent found the right setting yet..

Also i havent heard much about E mesh on nexus...are others also burning their spice because their mods wont adjust to corect temperature??

[[how can a mesh that has NO Glow at all] vape spice corectly?/

Also ive read that with E mesh...[the mesh should not glow] or it will burn spice? is this true orange glow on mesh is too hot?/

I also have my new [plenty vape going to waste in closet..] not being used ..

I know it vapes cleanly and acuratly but .. [with spice only]... it seems i can get as much

visible vapor with the plenty aas i do with torch lighter? ...[[i dont want to have to double dose and waste spice!]

I thought about this problem [its called a rate problem] ....But with changa... plenty is a super machine!]

For those of you who own a plenty....or have used a plenty...I have a theory.....why it seems to take twice as much spice ..[with spice only]..to get there ...

I think the cooling coils on the plenty ..cool so effectivly!... that it causes spice loss...by

causing the spice vapor to cool so rapidly..

that it crystalizes inside the metal coil? .....trapping a lot of the spice inside the sprial cooling coil traping it before it gets to you!

This is just a theory...but im going to test this idea...by removing the origional cooling coil.... and using a short vapor whip and ...going into a small water pipe...to cool it instead...

And see If i get much more vapor this way/?... .... if it works better..the plenty....can be used with spice only...in much lower doses with good effect...

I think the plenty... is a super vaping machine...if used right...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 7/8/2021 10:09:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi starway

Just my two cents. The mesh doesn´t really have to glow. Everytime i use a new mesh i set the
temperature to 180 celsius and then i turn the watt down till i don´t see the glow. If you have
a very light glow just pulse when vaping.
But i like no glow because if i am too far out and press the fire button too long i still don´t burn
the spice.

I own a plenty vaporizer and i think you are correct with the cooling unit.
However with changa it works like a charm.

I hope you find the right setting with your e mesh. Posting my setiings won´t make any sense,
because every mesh is different. Even if i take mesh from the same sheet i have to do some
tweaking with the settings.

Hope this helps have a gud one Thumbs up
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Woolmer
#3 Posted : 7/8/2021 1:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw from the direct e-mesh thread that you are using the Joyetech evic vtc.

A quick search for a review I found this. It's not exactly the same mod but I think it uses the same chip. He says the mod jumps to different temps all the time so you constantly have to readjust the temperature.

I think a lot of issues with e-mesh can come from the mod that's being used (I had this experience myself). I recommend reading reviews and finding a mod with reported good consistent TC.

starway7
#4 Posted : 7/8/2021 3:37:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
I saw from the direct e-mesh thread that you are using the Joyetech evic vtc.

A quick search for a review I found this. It's not exactly the same mod but I think it uses the same chip. He says the mod jumps to different temps all the time so you constantly have to readjust the temperature.

I think a lot of issues with e-mesh can come from the mod that's being used (I had this experience myself). I recommend reading reviews and finding a mod with reported good consistent TC.

I WAS.. using my old joyetec e vic...but now im using a...[ VooPoo drag 2.]...a mod that uses two batterys.. instead of one..

I dont think ..any mod... was intended to be used as ...[a direct E mesh]..[they were intended to use with E juice..... and just fine adjusting the device...or getting a mod that is more correct on temp settings is a plus/?

Maybe the reason using the old method ...a chore boy pad...a torch lighter...a water pipe..or standard pipe..works well...is because once you learn to vape with a lighter .. there is no worry about temp control because.... the spice vaporizes exactly at the right time ....when the temp gets hot enough... [its like the spice knows when its hot enough]

But still i like the idea of direct E mesh vaping... because there is no fumes to inhale from a gas lighter...

It shuts off safely.. when you drop it or set it down,...[although always a small risk of the mod battery catching fire..

I think the cleanest vaping ive experianced yet was with the [plenty vape] or [volcano vape] it just effectivly heats up the air around the spice till it reaches vape temperatures..

below is photo of my newer mod..[.Drag two platnum] i switched to....

starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00007.JPG (2,350kb) downloaded 290 time(s).
DSC00009.JPG (2,601kb) downloaded 289 time(s).

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 7/8/2021 5:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love that you point out how effective a wad of brillo in a simple glass pipe or bong with micro torch. This was how I broke thru my first year smoking dmt.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Th3_tRuTh
#6 Posted : 7/9/2021 12:05:49 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

I think the bubbler attachment is neat, but if your e-mesh is set up right and working efficiently and effectively, you should not need it. Once I finally got my device set up properly, I can't taste or feel the hits anymore and the residue inside the glass drip tip no longer melts either. I legit thought I messed up my hit and was instantly bummed out and worried about having to spend more tinkering with my rig. Then it kicked in like a punch to the brain and blew my mind. I sat there afterward trying to wrap my head around it but ultimately this is what the e-mesh experience should. No taste, no heat, just one smooth 10 second breath to infinity and beyond.

I am using a DNA 75c mod, single battery, fitted mesh #100 ss304, Profile 1.5, and I won't post my specific settings either but this set up is perfect and trustworthy. That was always the hardest part for me, not trusting my rig. How can you blast off with comfort and confidence if your rig misfires every other trip? Loving it now that it is working properly. Still prefer changa over freebase though.

starway7
#7 Posted : 7/9/2021 1:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
I think the bubbler attachment is neat, but if your e-mesh is set up right and working efficiently and effectively, you should not need it. Once I finally got my device set up properly, I can't taste or feel the hits anymore and the residue inside the glass drip tip no longer melts either. I legit thought I messed up my hit and was instantly bummed out and worried about having to spend more tinkering with my rig. Then it kicked in like a punch to the brain and blew my mind. I sat there afterward trying to wrap my head around it but ultimately this is what the e-mesh experience should. No taste, no heat, just one smooth 10 second breath to infinity and beyond.

I am using a DNA 75c mod, single battery, fitted mesh #100 ss304, Profile 1.5, and I won't post my specific settings either but this set up is perfect and trustworthy. That was always the hardest part for me, not trusting my rig. How can you blast off with comfort and confidence if your rig misfires every other trip? Loving it now that it is working properly. Still prefer changa over freebase though.

the bubbler attachment has a purpose..to cool the vapor and trap unwanted airborn particles.....

But still i havent found the right temp setting and i find most of my hits are being destroyed by heat from the E mesh?

I know this to be true because of switching to my ugly little water pipe using a chore boy pad and a torch lighter!

The difference is night and day!...The lighter method works every time!...

the EMesh produces a lot of thick vapor ..but too much of the spice is destroyed...

In time ...i may find the ...[right adjustment]... for the E mesh..but maybe the mods quality is to blame?

[[ELEVATOR UP!! ]]Shocked Shocked Shocked

Using my torch lighter ..last night..before bed..I took sublingually 25mgs of this ...
lift mode/THH...then vaped what i thought to be a very baseline light amount of spice...

OMG!! was i surprised at vaping what weighed out to 12 to 15 mgs of spice...!

Even after vaping most of this loe dose spice ....
[there was still a little left in the chore boy pad]

The experince was like i was in an elevator...and it was gaining speed GOING UP!!

The elevator wouldent stop ..and it was gaining speed!...I also heard a wineing sound as i decended upward!

At one point i thought...[did i over do it this time!?] it kept gaining speed shooting upwards..this was starting to get uncomfortable..i thought!

Even the relaxing piano music that was playing ..had no calming effect..as the experiance seemed to be getting out of control!

ALL THIS happened...[on only 12 to 15 mgs of spice??/ not p[osible..i thought...

It must have been effected by the THH i took sublingually//?

Finally after awhile it slowed down and i was so thankfull it did.....

I prefere a slower more gentle come up and this one seemed out of control..on a tiny amount of spice?

the THH may have had a dirrect effect on this one!

Th3_tRuTh
#8 Posted : 7/12/2021 11:55:49 AM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

starway7 wrote:

the bubbler attachment has a purpose..to cool the vapor and trap unwanted airborn particles.....

But still i havent found the right temp setting and i find most of my hits are being destroyed by heat from the E mesh?

This is kind of my point. Your setup is clearly not functioning as intended and is going to take some tinkering to get it where you want it, but once you do, you will see how you do not need the bubbler.

That's pretty sick how the THH potentiated that trip. I have some I am going to start testing myself. I have a plan for a super special changa mix using full spec DMT, a special blend of herbs, full spec harmala freebase, and a bit of THH on top of that.

starway7
#9 Posted : 7/12/2021 1:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
starway7 wrote:

This is kind of my point. Your setup is clearly not functioning as intended and is going to take some tinkering to get it where you want it, but once you do, you will see how you do not need the bubbler.

That's pretty sick how the THH potentiated that trip. I have some I am going to start testing myself. I have a plan for a super special changa mix using full spec DMT, a special blend of herbs, full spec harmala freebase, and a bit of THH on top of that.

One thing i forgot to mention..is my spice .. ALREADY.. had extracted syrian Rue actives in it!..

But in that small 12 to 15 mg dose of spice.. it probibly wasnt that much rue alcaloids.

But...the addition of 25mgs of THH i used ...[sublingually]..[with the spice]. added to the experiance...

But a couple days earlier..i did 25 mgs THH [sublingually] and ..[a little lighter on the spice].. and i was more relaxed and didnt experiance anything uncomfortable...

not shure what the difference was? all i know is that [High speed elevator up feeling] and the whining sound was not much fun..[i was really relieved when it stopped!]

[note...i vaporized my spice with a torch lighter and chore boy pad and it is a very effective method for spice]

But i was on a reasonable low dose of spice ...but 25 mgs sublingually is more powerfull than i expected...

Dasein
#10 Posted : 7/12/2021 3:18:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use fixed wattage mode, I started off with 14 watts but noticed that I was burning some spice. I tried 13.5 and then finally settled for 13 watts. I inhale slowly and usually for around 15-20 seconds in a single toke, so the lower wattage is better as I don't pull enough air to cool the coil down. For those who inhale more quickly, a higher wattage may be better. I find fixed wattage mode to be much easier and less complicated, you have only one variable to deal with so it's easier to find your sweet spot.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

skoobysnax
#11 Posted : 8/1/2021 5:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When i see the faint glow i back off 10C. Always perfect. No water necessary. Been liking changa in the bonga followed by small puffs on my Hamilton ejuice rig
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?