We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt scares the shit outa me Options

yourboi
#1 Posted : 7/31/2021 5:23:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the sudden rush of forgetting everything while still owning a ego towards the low doses tends to make my thoughts unable to relax. I've done it maybe 7 times attempting a breakthrough with many struggles to vaporize it. I've had sub breakthrough experiences where my cart is unable to deliver a dose high enough but entity's putting on persuading a confused ego to achieve a breakthrough with a delivery system that just is incapable of delivering the proper dose causing mistrust in the presence with the subsequent experiences. I've had a tested breakthrough method for weeks now but I don't have the courage anymore, my first attempts have had me taking 18 hits and getting so close but the repeating of sub threshold trips leaves the ego on the edge of breakthrough unable want to go in any more. I've also had experiences of acceptance and meditation with the only response of the presence is to pressure the thought process to keep itself to take more hits while the consciousness was perfect content with the sub thresholds to just practice thoughtlessness. I have a dab setup that can break my friend through but I'm scared shitless from the 22 something DMT trips I've used to reach the point of vaporizing it properly. any advise?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 7/31/2021 8:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Perhaps this thread will help you as it has me. You'll either overcome it, or just get used to it. You got thus.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

M0K0
#3 Posted : 8/1/2021 12:25:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know if i get you wrong but i think it is completely normal to have a lot of respect before aproaching hyperspace. Its like before jumping down a 20 m cliff but more intence.
Im also nervous before other psychadelics but DMT is realy strong and fast so im always sitting there approaching the pipe, while the beating of my heart is bringing my head to explotion.
If you got "real" anxiety i just wouldnt do it(now).

Maybe a proper smoking technique would help you to get it more controllable and stressless.

Best of Luck
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

bismillah
#4 Posted : 8/1/2021 3:22:15 AM

My Personalized Tag

Me too, brother.

But eventually you learn to sit with the fear, and understand it... not only does that require a certain number of trips, but a certain amount of time.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

starway7
#5 Posted : 8/2/2021 11:43:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of people dont like that being shot out of a cannon experiance...

And iF!...you are smoking straight dmt...and it does this to you ...

Tame down the dmt before you smoke it....!

brewing some rue tea .. and drinking it... 30 ton 45 minutes before smoking ...

The rue tea... will make you so calm and relaxed..and the come up will be slower and more gentle and more visual..

The trip should be more navagatable..and more colorfull...

i would make tea with one and a half grams of rue seed to start with...

Dont go over 3 and a half grams of seed...max.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 8/3/2021 1:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway7 wrote:

A lot of people dont like that being shot out of a cannon experiance...

And iF!...you are smoking straight dmt...and it does this to you ...

Tame down the dmt before you smoke it....!

brewing some rue tea .. and drinking it... 30 ton 45 minutes before smoking ...

The rue tea... will make you so calm and relaxed..and the come up will be slower and more gentle and more visual..

The trip should be more navagatable..and more colorfull...

i would make tea with one and a half grams of rue seed to start with...

Dont go over 3 and a half grams of seed...max.

I second this. It's generally a really nice experience, as described by starway7.

And if you do do anything more than three grams of rue beforehand, be ready. My first time doing this combination was by accident, simply because I wasn't being mindful. I drank 3.5g rue tea, did some stuff around the house, then decided to blast off on a whim, not considering the rue... It was spectacular, it was also very intense.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

null24
#7 Posted : 8/3/2021 10:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, same here, although almost always that fear is unfounded. I third the rue suggestion. My metaphor for it is like you've been playing a record at 45rpm and then play it at 33. Everything is still there at the same volume, just slower and less overwhelming. I usually do it ghetto and just smoke raw seeds, like a gram, about 20 minutes prior. Tastes like crap and smells like burning hair but effective since the alks are on the seed surface. Quick, dirty and easy.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 8/4/2021 12:07:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Yeah, same here, although almost always that fear is unfounded. I third the rue suggestion. My metaphor for it is like you've been playing a record at 45rpm and then play it at 33. Everything is still there at the same volume, just slower and less overwhelming. I usually do it ghetto and just smoke raw seeds, like a gram, about 20 minutes prior. Tastes like crap and smells like burning hair but effective since the alks are on the seed surface. Quick, dirty and easy.

Second the "almost always unfounded." I experience fear pretty regularly when approaching the experience, and I chalk it up to the molecule being so powerful, and the fear being a recognition of such. But if I had a dollar for everytime I made it through the come up and analyze the prior fear, in turning laughing at it, I'd buy all us nexians a commune or somethingSmile

@null24 you crack me up
null24 wrote:
Quick, dirty and easy

One love

Tara123
#9 Posted : 8/4/2021 9:21:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Me too. I gave up in the end, it was way too scary and I had PTSD after some attempts.

Now I feel like if it's meant to be the opportunity will come and it will feel right.

And if not then I guess I'll just experience it when I die for real Shocked Smile

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 8/4/2021 11:47:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tara123 wrote:
Me too. I gave up in the end, it was way too scary and I had PTSD after some attempts.

Now I feel like if it's meant to be the opportunity will come and it will feel right.

And if not then I guess I'll just experience it when I die for real Shocked Smile

If I may, have you ever tried starting low (around 15mg) and working your way up to help ease the strain on your cognitive foundation?

One love

Tara123
#11 Posted : 8/5/2021 8:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Tara123 wrote:

If I may, have you ever tried starting low (around 15mg) and working your way up to help ease the strain on your cognitive foundation?

One love

I did start really low yeah. It was a couple of years ago though so maybe things would be different now.

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 8/5/2021 10:37:05 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Pre dosing harmalas is a good call, but it is a different thing than the tuff puff of the freebase alone.

The lower doses tend to be pretty anxious and restless, my advice would be ditch the cart (18 hits?!) and take one big proper hit from the dab rig, big as you can, hold it as long as you can. You honestly don't really have the time to build up the anxiety before "you" dissolve.

It's beautiful in there, I promise. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

starway7
#13 Posted : 8/6/2021 1:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Pre dosing harmalas is a good call, but it is a different thing than the tuff puff of the freebase alone.

The lower doses tend to be pretty anxious and restless, my advice would be ditch the cart (18 hits?!) and take one big proper hit from the dab rig, big as you can, hold it as long as you can. You honestly don't really have the time to build up the anxiety before "you" dissolve.

Hi ... Dreamer042! remember starway6...

I started in 2012 years back..and there was a time on nexus where many were choosing to take rue before vaping spice...because it was a slower more gentle come up allowing one to navagate the experiance better and even remember more...

I havent really tryed the all in one hit method ...except with my EMesh latley...but that keeps burning my spice ... and i went back to my tryed and true method [chore boy] and torch lighter..

I* guess your saying a large enough hit of spice can take away your awareness of even having a body ..and then the experiance is rewarding...

but with straight spice... how much can you remember of your experiance traveling that fast/?

I guess the [smoked aya type experiance]...is concidered rue first then spice method...

nice to hear from you...!

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 8/6/2021 2:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway7 wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Hi ... Dreamer042! remember starway6...

I started in 2012 years back..and there was a time on nexus where many were choosing to take rue before vaping spice...because it was a slower more gentle come up allowing one to navagate the experiance better and even remember more...

I havent really tryed the all in one hit method ...except with my EMesh latley...but that keeps burning my spice ... and i went back to my tryed and true method [chore boy] and torch lighter..

I* guess your saying a large enough hit of spice can take away your awareness of even having a body ..and then the experiance is rewarding...

but with straight spice... how much can you remember of your experiance traveling that fast/?

I guess the [smoked aya type experiance]...is concidered rue first then spice method...

nice to hear from you...!

Hahaha this is funny, so for me, I don't find lower doses to be anxious or restless. It's usually pretty nice. For me. Now it could be just because I'm used to it. Regardless, it's good to note that the harmala component always changes the flavor and characteristic of the experience.

From my observations, the anxiety starts before I pack whatever device I'll be using. But have noticed, generally, that the anxiety is more about the come up than the whole of the experience itself. There's usually a lot of pointing and laughing at myself and the DMT laughing at me.

Also, subjectively, difficulty remembering comes more from how out there the experience is than the speed.

But all that aside, it still scares meBig grin . That said, maybe I'll do some FB tomorrow...Twisted Evil

Love

One love

PedroSanchez
#15 Posted : 8/6/2021 9:57:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the anxiety is very normal, as mentioned many times already. i know exactly the 'level' you mean, where you have enough to break reality down but not enough for your brain to forget its defensive responses. for me it often causes the same panic and inability to relax.

if you can get your intention straight before you smoke then it is easier to remind yourself to calm down while you are traveling.
another tip i picked up here that works well for me for pre-flight anxiety is to smoke a very small dose first, just enough to have the feelings and maybe minor visuals (maybe ~5mg?). this seems to remind me that it is actually not scary at all, it is wonderful and beautiful, and it allows me to relax. i then sit for 10 minutes or so and think about my intentions before smoking the full dose.

as for breaking through, myself and many others find that the amount of time you hold your breath for matters more than the amount of pulls or the size of the pull. maybe that is why you are struggling to get past that point?
i have not used a dab setup for DMT but it should do the job well enough. perhaps you could try changa/EL? i find it much easier to smoke than most other methods i have tried.

i hope you can get what you want from DMT. sometimes it just takes patience.
good luck

starway7
#16 Posted : 8/6/2021 1:38:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
the anxiety is very normal, as mentioned many times already. i know exactly the 'level' you mean, where you have enough to break reality down but not enough for your brain to forget its defensive responses. for me it often causes the same panic and inability to relax.

if you can get your intention straight before you smoke then it is easier to remind yourself to calm down while you are traveling.
another tip i picked up here that works well for me for pre-flight anxiety is to smoke a very small dose first, just enough to have the feelings and maybe minor visuals (maybe ~5mg?). this seems to remind me that it is actually not scary at all, it is wonderful and beautiful, and it allows me to relax. i then sit for 10 minutes or so and think about my intentions before smoking the full dose.

as for breaking through, myself and many others find that the amount of time you hold your breath for matters more than the amount of pulls or the size of the pull. maybe that is why you are struggling to get past that point?
i have not used a dab setup for DMT but it should do the job well enough. perhaps you could try changa/EL? i find it much easier to smoke than most other methods i have tried.

i hope you can get what you want from DMT. sometimes it just takes patience.
good luck

about low doses of spice ..

last night i tryed out mu freshly extracted acacia...[using the mini AB cleanup]..i got the cleanest spice in a while!..very pure..Thumbs up

I desolved it all in grain alcohol...and not shure of dosage per drop of tincture...i tryed only 4 small drops of tincture onto a chore boy pad..

after alowing the alcohol to evaporate..i took a hit...it wasnt a super thick cloud..but i held it in as long as possible...

surprisingly ..what i thought a small dose..? was really quite strong in effect! ..

as i was quickly thrown into DMT consciousness and a low dose relaxation...

I was getting closed eye visuals.. and some light visuals with eyes open!

I took it all in one hit...although low dose...i guess it was similar to taking a large dosein one hit...only lighter...

music was playing during this and it wasquite enjoyable!!..even at a low dose!
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00089.JPG (2,270kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

PedroSanchez
#17 Posted : 8/10/2021 7:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway7 wrote:

last night i tryed out mu freshly extracted acacia...[using the mini AB cleanup]..i got the cleanest spice in a while!..very pure..Thumbs up

I desolved it all in grain alcohol...and not shure of dosage per drop of tincture...i tryed only 4 small drops of tincture onto a chore boy pad..

after alowing the alcohol to evaporate..i took a hit...it wasnt a super thick cloud..but i held it in as long as possible...

surprisingly ..what i thought a small dose..? was really quite strong in effect! ..

I took it all in one hit...although low dose...i guess it was similar to taking a large dosein one hit...only lighter...

i find low doses to be an amazing feeling. they make me feel completely content and relaxed, but not just physically relaxed, it makes my soul and spirit relax too. i do not take any deep lessons from it or anything like that, but i find it to be like a mild dose of acid, but for a shorter duration.
everybody is always trying to breakthrough, which i understand, but i think small doses are underrated. sometimes thats all we need.

Voidmatrix
#18 Posted : 8/10/2021 6:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
starway7 wrote:

i find low doses to be an amazing feeling. they make me feel completely content and relaxed, but not just physically relaxed, it makes my soul and spirit relax too. i do not take any deep lessons from it or anything like that, but i find it to be like a mild dose of acid, but for a shorter duration.
everybody is always trying to breakthrough, which i understand, but i think small doses are underrated. sometimes thats all we need.

Right there with you. Low doses are transformative and glorious in their own right. A lot of utility in these experiences, at least for me, and well, PedroSanchez too.

Love

One love