We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Bunk Root or Incorrect Process? 0% Yield from 150g. Options

PsillyPsimon
#21 Posted : 7/28/2021 11:48:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can you post some pics of your root bark? I encountered some fake MHRB about one year ago and the yield was total rubbish. So the problem is more likely that than your process. The process is quite simple and hard to mess it up.

Moderator wrote:
Edited by moderator. Remember no discussion of buying/selling/sourcing is allowed.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 7/28/2021 12:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

yinuo wrote:
Not sure what burning sensation you're referring to. I've wore a mask and goggles for these and haven't had that experience.

What do you mean by wrong kind of AC? I thought there was only one type of that tree?

Can use more bark no problem, it is quite cheap here as it grows everywhere. Bought some zippo lighter fluid and am testing it out right now.

Currently (12hrs in) I see a similar pattern to before, with more smalls dots. When I blow on the solvent it becomes very milky, is that simply because of the temperature? Or does that signify the solvent is saturated?

For the last drying process I brought my room down to 18c. Is that still too hot for the evap process? Normally 30c here which I assume is much to high.

If you take the mask of during the exothermic reaction you'll notice, but it's not necessary.

Meant someone may have misidentified a tree as AC that isn't.

Milky should indicate saturation.

Don't think that's too high.

Hope there's a yield!

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 7/28/2021 10:11:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lack of yield in a freeze precipitation can also occur if the naphtha contains aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene and its alkyl derivatives including toluene, xylenes, ethylbenzene and others). Additionally, solvents such as DCM, isopropanol and acetone will also completely inhibit freeze precipitation if added to naphtha. You need to be certain about the composition of your NPS.

As far as bunk bark goes, what you received could be anything. If it is from AC, it might be trunk or branch bark rather than root bark, and those have a lower alkaloid content.

The picture of the bark pieces from the base soup looked rather pale to me as well. Were you definitely using sodium hydroxide? The woody pieces really don't look like they've dissolved particularly much.
[Edit: I just re-read your post - the milkiness sounds promising!]

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#24 Posted : 7/28/2021 11:51:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Sorry I wasn't clear on mine. I meant to re-run all the bark you've already run with that process, not just toss all your unprocessed bark in, though that should be fine too.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

yinuo
#25 Posted : 7/29/2021 12:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a 36hr freeze using Zippo lighter fluid, we go the picture attached. Nose doesn't work well, but didn't smelly florally. Didn't look crystally, although plant fats could be the cause of that.

Ran it through a vaporizer at 400f, it did not smell like dmt. Looks like I'll have to go and find the root in the wild.

It's wild to me that it wouldn't be the right tree, based purely on the fact it was from a chinese medicine shop.

It was sodium hydroxide, not only did it make the water extremely hot during teks but it was also purchased from same supplier the local university uses.

Should I try to find more bark, or try to use a coffee grinder first? Seems strange that even shredded bark didn't produce at least SOME.
yinuo attached the following image(s):
10885.jpg (54kb) downloaded 44 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#26 Posted : 7/29/2021 1:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yinuo wrote:
After a 36hr freeze using Zippo lighter fluid, we go the picture attached. Nose doesn't work well, but didn't smelly florally. Didn't look crystally, although plant fats could be the cause of that.

Ran it through a vaporizer at 400f, it did not smell like dmt. Looks like I'll have to go and find the root in the wild.

It's wild to me that it wouldn't be the right tree, based purely on the fact it was from a chinese medicine shop.

It was sodium hydroxide, not only did it make the water extremely hot during teks but it was also purchased from same supplier the local university uses.

Should I try to find more bark, or try to use a coffee grinder first? Seems strange that even shredded bark didn't produce at least SOME.

In many teks, it's advised to do a defatting to limit plant fats inherent to the bark, so your deems may appear oily rather than crystally if this step is skipped.

It could be the wrong species, but it could also be what was detailed by df0 (downwardsfromzero).

Do both; source more root bark and grind what you have.

Don't be discouraged. It took me a little bit before finally getting decent yields and I'm sure the same can be said for many Nexians when they first started extractions.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dreamer042
#27 Posted : 7/29/2021 3:23:55 PM

Dreamoar

Yeah I'm calling bunk starting material on this one. At least you got some good practice on the process. When you find the right material I'm sure you'll have excellent results.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

yinuo
#28 Posted : 7/31/2021 4:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it turns out extracting DMT requires using a plant with DMT inside. Thumbs up

I'm not quite sure what the rules are for talking about sourcing, but this source is too good to not share: nature.

Went out and found some in the forest. Also learned there is a huge amount just outside the city.

This was the result of the first pull after 1.5hrs in the freezer.

Much love for everyone here who has helped me get this all sorted β™₯️
yinuo attached the following image(s):
11214.jpg (2,158kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 7/31/2021 4:31:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well done!

Enjoy (wisely) Smile

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#30 Posted : 7/31/2021 4:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And there we are! Congratulations!

Now be sure to share your experiences with your magic dust there.

Love

One love

Ps, guess it was the wrong tree lol

dreamer042
#31 Posted : 7/31/2021 5:46:50 PM

Dreamoar

Hoorah!

Well done my friend. Thumbs up

PREV12