We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is the best way to shred the Mimosa rootbark Options

wilspeak
#1 Posted : 6/27/2021 4:23:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some Mimosa root bark. What is the best way to shred the Mimosa rootbark? Thank You
It was revealed to me that our Sun is a living and intelligent Being. Sacred Geometry is a Langauge.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 6/27/2021 6:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With a Osterizer blender, which has a sturdy glass pitcher! I found mine at Value Village for ten bucks!!

Note that I've had bark (acacia) which needed broken up with hammer before blending.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

wilspeak
#3 Posted : 6/27/2021 10:40:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
With a Osterizer blender, which has a sturdy glass pitcher! I found mine at Value Village for ten bucks!!

Note that I've had bark (acacia) which needed broken up with hammer before blending.

Hello Tony6strings, Thank You.. I was reading that some blenders cant seem to handle root bark, but I am going to look for a Blender with Ice-crushing settings also beat the root bark with a hammer Before put the root bark into the blender. Thank You
It was revealed to me that our Sun is a living and intelligent Being. Sacred Geometry is a Langauge.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 6/27/2021 11:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, big chunks of bark can wreck a plastic blender. I had one that I used for a while but aforementioned chunks of bark killed it, broke it to pieces. Love my Osterizer and my ball peen, works for big bark whole dried vine whatever. Lol happy powdering!!!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

wilspeak
#5 Posted : 6/28/2021 4:24:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Yeah, big chunks of bark can wreck a plastic blender. I had one that I used for a while but aforementioned chunks of bark killed it, broke it to pieces. Love my Osterizer and my ball peen, works for big bark whole dried vine whatever. Lol happy powdering!!!

Hello Tony6Strings, What I plan on doing is breaking down the Mimosa bark with a hammer into smaller pieces, then using a a food/ice blender to break the rest down.

Bisy
#6 Posted : 6/28/2021 7:12:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do vendors use? My guess is some kinda grain mill.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Woolmer
#7 Posted : 6/28/2021 9:25:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coffee grinder works pretty well. I've yet to have one break after considerable usage. Make sure the bark is properly dried.

bismillah
#8 Posted : 6/28/2021 3:14:31 PM

My Personalized Tag

I use an old coffee grinder too. You've got to be a bit careful in making sure that the motor doesn't melt, though. At least in a small one like mine.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

RoundAbout
#9 Posted : 6/28/2021 6:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're worried about a blender failing you can soak the bark to allow you to cut it into fine pieces, then completely dry it again and blend.

Bisy
#10 Posted : 6/29/2021 4:40:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have an idea, break it up and take it to your local supermarket and run it through their coffee grinder. 🤔
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

DMTryptamines
#11 Posted : 7/2/2021 6:32:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric grain mills are pretty sweet and made for powdering stuff. There's like a million different brands of them on amazon or aliexpress but some of them are cheaply made so do your research, you'll want to get one that's stainless steel with 3 blades.

shroombee
#12 Posted : 7/3/2021 1:33:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use this grain mill:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MG5343K/

It works but it's VERY loud and it can get very hot too. So hot that your material can burn if you don't take breaks to let it cool down. The motor gets hot and I imagine the friction of the blades against the bark also generates a lot of heat.

I'm not crazy about it due to the noise.

PedroSanchez
#13 Posted : 7/5/2021 1:59:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i use a basic blender. similar to this:

it does not get it all down to powder but it gets close enough. the glass is thick so i don't think it will break any time soon.
i was lucky, i was gifted it from a friend who had an upgrade.

i used to use a smaller plastic smoothie maker that never actually broke, but broke my spirits every time i had to use it. i used to break the pieces up by hand before putting them in. it is time consuming and you might want to wear leather gloves or something (although i never bothered), but it helps get the pieces down if you are forced to use something like that

MuteUSO
#14 Posted : 7/29/2021 10:23:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anybody have experience with using a Vitamix, and doing so on a long-term basis?

shroombee
#15 Posted : 7/30/2021 5:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
Anybody have experience with using a Vitamix, and doing so on a long-term basis?

I have a Vitamix with the liquid and dry goods containers. I briefly tried to powder MHRB. I felt it wasn't too effective and I didn't want to risk ruining my Vitamix or tearing up the sides of the containers. Thus I purchased the grain mill I wrote about a few posts ago. Still not a satisfactory solution due to heat and noise. Sorry I can't be more helpful.