We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello nexus, it's about time for me to come out of the shadows Options

Cat_obvious
#1 Posted : 7/6/2021 2:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone!

I've been using this resource for many years now and would like to say a wholehearted "thank you!" to many of the contributors here. The knowledge and experience shared through these pages is invaluable, and long may it continue.

I first started my DMT journey around 7 years ago. Like many people, Terence brought me here. I spent hours listening to his (and others'Pleased lectures and became curious, then fascinated. I learned how to do a simple extraction of the molecule (thanks to real-life Breaking Bad hero, sadly now departed, David Barlow) and built myself a machine. I took a few small hits over a few days and then resolved to Do It.

The truth is, in some ways, I am still coming to terms with that decision. I won't write a full trip report of that experience but may well upload that in the experiences section one of these days.

To cut a long story short, in 12 short minutes my entire world-view was shattered. Everything that I had been told was impossible came true before my very eyes. Magic revealed itself to me in ways beyond my wildest imagining. I experienced an extremely rapid ego death, I saw the Elves. It was, as I understand it, the peak of the (certainly my) human experience, both awe inspiring and terrible. To be blunt, I was not prepared.

I was so unprepared, in fact, that it terrified me to my very core. I actually ended up with some PTSD-type symptoms. I have not had a smoked breakthrough experience since, although I have carried out numerous extractions to share with interested travelers (always gifted, never sold, of course).

I did, however, start participating in Ayahuasca ceremonies about a year later, and have now taken part in six of these with various practitioners. These have been some of the most meaningful and healing experiences of my life. They have helped me to come to terms with myself, overcome a serious and long-standing substance addiction (now almost 2 years clean), and let go of people, situations and life events that have caused me great difficulties in my past. I am so grateful for this medicine.

These ceremonies have also begun to help me come to terms with DMT itself, and I now find myself interested in vapourising the molecule once more - hence I have finally joined the nexus.

What I'm hoping to find here is some help with the fear (terror) of the smoalked DMT experience. I am in the process of making a Julian Palmer-style Changa at the moment, which according to he himself would be a 25% blend - I know many people prefer a 1:1 ratio, but I am very cautious and want to ease myself back in to the space.

But I have reasonably pure crystals too, and a GVG, so vaping is not out of the question.

So nexus: how (and why?) do you deal with your fear, and how should I go about getting back into the rocket ship?

Peace and love to all

X

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Th3_tRuTh
#2 Posted : 7/6/2021 4:26:12 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

Best way I can describe how I handle my fear is I sort of *take my scared self by the hand and say "I know you're scared and that's okay. We are going to do this anyway"* I have also been building a ritual that involves a guide and my fiance and I take turns guiding each other into the trips using meditation cymbals, shaman rattles and singing bowls. I find the fear to be completely natural and healthy. I also find that there is much less fear when we have a guide even if it is just a friend or partner that supports you through the process. This is not entirely necessary, but if it is an option for you, I never hurts. Other than all that, just keep an open mind and receive what ever the medicine shows you without judgement, attachment, or resistance.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/6/2021 8:37:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hello and welcome.

This thread: PREFLIGHT ANXIETY & RAW FEAR seems to be one that a lot of people have found helpful vis-a-vis fear.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Cat_obvious
#4 Posted : 7/7/2021 9:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond - that's some good suggestions tRuTh, and I'm on way over to the thread you've suggested downwardsfromzero.

Triglav
#5 Posted : 7/22/2021 3:12:04 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Welcome to the forums!

Cat_obvious wrote:
I am in the process of making a Julian Palmer-style Changa at the moment, which according to he himself would be a 25% blend - I know many people prefer a 1:1 ratio, but I am very cautious and want to ease myself back in to the space.

I've so far made a 1:1 and a 2:1 ration enhanced leaf with damiana (Turnera diffusa). I prefer the 2:1 ratio for the ease of dosing. Next time I might try the 3:1 ratio as well and also use different herbs as there are plenty of interesting ones.

Have a great day!

Cat_obvious
#6 Posted : 7/24/2021 11:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Triglav,

thanks for the welcome!

It seems the possibilities of blending changa or enhanced leaf are virtually endless Cool