We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Consume DMT with illnesses. Options

zer0hop
#1 Posted : 7/20/2021 9:42:33 PM

𐏃𐎢𐎶𐎺𐎼𐎥

Hello
Suggest a topic, this applies to people who consume DMT with illnesses, describe if possible which symptoms and how the DMT has an effect, mentally and physically. The aim is to find out with which illnesses or pains did the people consume DMT, whether it helped?

Even I have suffered from chronic pain on the right side of my body for several years and that has prevented me from consuming dmt again for years, I'm afraid that this pain will worsen in the dmt trip so that I practically won't wake up (die).
𐏃𐎢𐎶𐎺𐎼𐎥

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 7/20/2021 9:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope this is not too off-topic, but I regained my smell after a LSD trip last year. I lost my smell year and half ago. I wonder if I had suffered from covid back then, even though I didn't have any other symptoms. Then in August I took some acid and regained my sense of smell. I was very pleased.

DMT causes pain in the skin if you have burns or similar, but other than that I have no personal experience of the health effects.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

BongQuixote
#3 Posted : 7/21/2021 8:04:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I find that DMT greatly increases your ability to smell, perhaps the same effect. I was once walking around in my house during an aya session and was overwhelmed by a strong sweet fruit smell. I had no idea where it came from, and a bit too far gone to be able to investigate the source. Next day I found it, a package of gummy bears on the kitchen counter, unopened.

It makes sense that the increased sensitivity can "remind" the brain of a lost sense and bring it back online. People who lost their smell due to covid get treated with "smell exercises" where they have a bunch of vials they are supposed to smell every day to re-activate their sense of smell.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 7/21/2021 6:22:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hip and lower back issues- have never experienced an increase in pain, but rather causes it to dissipate for a period of time.

Persistent and major depression- For me personally, it helps me manage it, even when it magnifies the mental struggles related to depression. It allows me to analyze them more vividly and succinctly. But that's me, and I don't necessarily recommend most people to do the same. It can be risky.

Tattoos, scrapes, cuts, burns, etc- It typically magnifies sensations related. While one tattoo was healing I blasted off and felt as though I was getting the tattoo again, but all at once.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/26/2021 2:19:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Digging out this old thread which passed me by the first time (summer being summer):

I have a range of chronic pain issues and find harmalas plus DMT to be remarkably helpful, with a single light session bringing relief for up to a week. I get the impression that, for me at least, a succession of deeper experiences with an experienced and competent guide could produce longer-lasting benefits.

Conversely, I remember one time where I took mushrooms while suffering from a bad cold and the increased sensitivity made for quite some unpleasant feelings!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tegridy
#6 Posted : 11/26/2021 7:07:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot speak for that type of pain. I have found that psychedelics ease the stiffness and soreness I experience from BJJ. My body usually feels better, I cannot recall a time it didn't.

But Neurological pain is something I cannot speak of, just thought I'll drop my two cents it's never made my pains worse.

EDIT: I don't know why but the way this post was worded has really touched me, feels eerily familiar.

Dirty T
#7 Posted : 11/26/2021 8:02:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a lot of experience taking mushrooms for pain and it is very effective. The effects of DMT are very similar to DMT so it stands to reason that it may have similar pain relief properties. I've read here about members using DMT for pain relief with great success. I believe OP has nothing to worry about as far as an increase in pain goes and it may actually give them relief which could be wonderful and life changing. The only problems I have seen from DMT were in my wife and she had some muscle spasms but we narrowed that down to a Vitamin D deficiency. We have since switched her treatment protocols to MDMA (200mg). I'm very pleased with my treatments (3.5g psilocin tea, 250ug LSD and 30mg DMT then 15mg DMT every third day) so pleased I just acquired another 2500ug liquid LSD so I'm good to go for the next year (I still have 250ug on blotter put away as well).

Psychedelic entheogens have a lot of research that shows they are very effective in the realms of pain relief, far more effective than oppiates which are widely prescribed and dull senses more than pain. This has been known since the late 60's before the International Drug Treaty of 1970 outlawed and scheduled all of these life changing natural medicines and paved the way for big pharm, Methaqualone and Oxycontin. Thankfully some states and municipalities have seen the err of their ways and at least decriminalization has begun in some areas of the U.S.. I personally prefer the decriminalization route, it is my opinion that big pharm would take these relatively safe substances and twist and manipulate them to either be dangerous, addictive, ineffective or a combination of all 3. The last thing they want is treatments that are widely available and can be easily cultivated by the home hobbyist, there is no profit in that. With the mess that has been made where I live with Cannabis I am 100% against legalization and regulation of entheogens.

Yneffable
#8 Posted : 12/1/2021 11:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1996, EDS (elhers danlos syndrome) in 2017 and finally cluster headache in 2019.
Years of painful chronic illness, years of struggle, medical wandering and lack of effective care.

Since I discovered psychedelics, my life has changed (for the better).
Besides, I got to know peychedelics only 2 years ago, trying to treat my cluster headache. Before, I didn't take any drugs.

I do find, however, a noticeable difference between the psychedelics that I have tried (Mushrooms, truffles and LSD) and DMT.

With mushrooms (or LSD) I treat my cluster headache for the long term. This decreases the number of attacks per day and their intensity (without ever stopping the attacks as for many other patients with cluster headache, I am chronic and resistant). I have to take them on average once a month.
On my fibromyalgia pain and EDs, no noticeable difference, or a very slight improvement during the trip. Nothing lasting.

A year ago, I took mushrooms on my period, I had a very unpleasant experience. I was in so much pain! I thought all along that I was going through the same pain as I did with childbirth. Clearly, my sensitivity to pain was increased and my resilience to it was reduced to nothing.

I first took DMT 2-3 months ago. The spice has a different effect. A total absence of pain during the trip, more than that, an absence of sensation. It's a very strange experience to go from pain to 10/10 to nothing. Unfortunately this does not last. I feel my pain returning to about the time I realize what just happened: "ho, I took DMT, but wait, what? Dafuck what I just went through!" and poof the return to consensual reality is accompanied by the beast.

May you try this in possible therapeutic research. By starting with low doses (see very low, I have sometimes dosed at 0.010) you should not have too big bad surprises, if there must be bad surprises.

(please excuse me, my English and poor and I am going through a translator to write to you)

FeraeNaturae
#9 Posted : 12/2/2021 4:54:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello zer0hop!
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to comment on this topic.
I have bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive bronchitis.
I have noticed that DMT vapors have been shown to significantly alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
Taking DMT during a flare-up of obstructive bronchitis can make your journey intimidating due to difficulty breathing.
Don't get sick, friends!
Friends, it is possible that in some of my statements it is difficult to grasp the meaning, do not judge me harshly, I do not speak English and I communicate with you through a Google translator