We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hoping to cure long term depression Options

captain spaulding
#1 Posted : 7/11/2021 9:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got interested in DMT/Ayahuasca after watching several episodes of Hamilton's Pharmacopia. I started googling DMT, because he had mentioned its ability to cure depression for long periods of time, unlike the garbage my doctors have given me.

Between job stress, then taking care of father with long term alzheimers, followed by taking care of bed ridden elderly mother for several years, anti depressants did nothing.

I took Prozac for 20 years, and minimum to maximum dose basically did nothing. Even before covid, I have been a loner, and am holding off doing any until I can get a sitter, for first few trials, just in case anything goes wrong (just worried about puking and inhaling while unable to function).

I am considering doing some shrooms, to warm up before something as powerful as DMT. I have not even done them since late 1980's. Back in 70's I would have tried anything with no worries.

So hoping this will turn my life around, so I stop wasting it, and actually accomplish things again. I have wasted too much not even wanting to get out of bed, since my dreams are far better than my life.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 7/11/2021 3:08:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome! You are most definitely in the right place for learning about dmt and other plant entheogens.

As amazing as these substances are, they are not a magic bullet for eliminating depression. Definitely psychedelics can be a catalyst for personal growth and change, but the substance itself will not do the work for you.

Well wishes. By the way I love Devils Rejects I must have seen that damn film a hundred times...
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 7/11/2021 5:49:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
Hi and welcome! You are most definitely in the right place for learning about dmt and other plant entheogens.

As amazing as these substances are, they are not a magic bullet for eliminating depression. Definitely psychedelics can be a catalyst for personal growth and change, but the substance itself will not do the work for you.

Well wishes. By the way I love Devils Rejects I must have seen that damn film a hundred times...

I agree with this; be ready to do the work. The entheogens are just tools, catalysts, guides, etc.

If you want to forgo a sitter, the following may be helpful to you: vape 10mg see what it's like, then 15mg, then 20, then 25, etc. Scaling will help you stay safe and learn where your functional window ends.

Welcome to the Nexus. It's a place of learning and healing and with what you've described I'm glad to have you with us on your healing journey.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Freedom111888
#4 Posted : 7/11/2021 8:49:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something I've found with psychedelics is they can give a glimpse of a different way of being, of feeling free and open with a full heart, connected to love and ease and grounded. Afterwards there can be an afterglow, but then the previous state returns.

They also give glimpses into the parts of myself that obstruct all those things.

I find the first part very inspirational and the second part very practical.

Wishing you well on your journey

endlessness
#5 Posted : 7/11/2021 10:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I just posted about the same subject in another thread ... I wish you best of luck, I hope you can find happiness and meaning.

Be well friend

captain spaulding
#6 Posted : 7/11/2021 11:12:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix,

Is 150C the proper temperature for vaping DMT? Does it need to be mixed with some bud so it does not go through screen? I have the Arizer EtremeQ desktop.

I did most of my reading on subject about 18 months ago, and thought it said that sub breakthrough doses can be unpleasant.

Mine is yellowish. It was also made about 18 months ago. The heptane I bought came in plastic bottle, which I never used, but within 2 months almost 2 inches sublimated from closed bottle, so very skeptical about using it. Hoping the seller put in bottle that was safe for it, but not counting on that from internet seller, looking to sell at cheapest price.

If you think it should be washed with heptane, could you point my to procedure. I printed out everything before I moved, and buried in bins somewhere.

captain spaulding
#7 Posted : 7/11/2021 11:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Am I allowed to ask if a certain major home improvement stores naphtha is considered clean?

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 7/11/2021 11:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

captain spaulding wrote:
Voidmatrix,

Is 150C the proper temperature for vaping DMT? Does it need to be mixed with some bud so it does not go through screen? I have the Arizer EtremeQ desktop.

I did most of my reading on subject about 18 months ago, and thought it said that sub breakthrough doses can be unpleasant.

Mine is yellowish. It was also made about 18 months ago. The heptane I bought came in plastic bottle, which I never used, but within 2 months almost 2 inches sublimated from closed bottle, so very skeptical about using it. Hoping the seller put in bottle that was safe for it, but not counting on that from internet seller, looking to sell at cheapest price.

If you think it should be washed with heptane, could you point my to procedure. I printed out everything before I moved, and buried in bins somewhere.

If I'm not mistaken, closer to 160c. I'd add a small layer of herbs or ash to prevent anything being pulled through the screen. I have not used that device, so you may need to do some experimenting to see what temperature works the best for you. 160c is the boiling point (again, if I'm not mistaken), so you may want to start near 200c in order to have a more efficient evaporization.

I'd say ignore that comment about subbreakthrough doses being unpleasant. I personally completely disagree and find a tremendous amount of value in it. You'll find out for yourself, and if you find it to be unpleasant then you will know what dose amount to not go below in order to enjoy and value your experience.

Yellow DMT is pretty standard. Mine is. Well not all of it, but enough of it. Re-x if you feel so inclined:
-take 25ml of solvent and heat (water bath, make sure all heating sources are off after heating the water.
-dissolve DMT in solvent.
-Siphon everything except what doesn't dissolve. That's impurities that are now away from the molecule.
-Place siphoned solvent in freezer for freeze precipitation.
-after 12 to 24 hours have elapse, pour off solvent and allow the rest to evaporate off of the molecule and allow to dry.

You will lose small amounts of DMT re-xing.

Hope this helps Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

captain spaulding
#9 Posted : 7/12/2021 7:31:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings,

Favorite scene with Captain Spaulding was when he woke up from dream, his girlfriend asks if he had a bad dream, and he says 50/50.

In the 70's my friends played free bird so many times it nauseated me. The ending scene with that song is the only time I enjoy it, and the following song during credits with the drone is cool too.

Have not seen 3 from hell yet. He died shortly after they started filming it.

captain spaulding
#10 Posted : 7/12/2021 8:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix,

Do you vape haralas with DMT? If so what ratio?

When they say to heat solvent, what temperature? Like 120F?

Cyb mentioned using sieve while heating. Is that just to get container off bottom of container containing the water for double boiler?

Thanks!!

lya
#11 Posted : 7/12/2021 9:29:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

captain spaulding wrote:
Voidmatrix,

Cyb mentioned using sieve while heating. Is that just to get container off bottom of container containing the water for double boiler?

Thanks!!

The Temperature of solvent should be around 40 degrees celsius, Not Sure Now mich that is in Fahrenheit.

The sieve is just that The Container Doesnt Touch The Bottom.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 7/12/2021 11:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

captain spaulding wrote:
Voidmatrix,

Thanks!!

I typically either drink rue tea or smoalk changa when interacting with harmalas to. A third to a fifth. of whatever dmt dose is the amount of harmalas used generally (1:2). THH is a little less potent than harmine or harmaline, so you may want a third of harmala to DMT.

35C is nathpta's boiling point (95f), but I usually bring the water to a near boil and place my solvent vessel in at that point.

Just for keeping it off the bottom. I've had one solvent jar break in water bath out of all the extractions I've done. If careful, sieve may not be necessary.

One love

M0K0
#13 Posted : 7/13/2021 10:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my friend,
depression seems to be a byproduct of our culture and a legimitation for suffering (carl gustav jung).
DMT convinced me of an afterlife wich may take pressure away, but for healing depression i would realy suggest a strong mushroom trip in the forest, because there you have time to think about your problems and to adjust patterns of thinking.
Love is out manSmile
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

Tomtegubbe
#14 Posted : 7/13/2021 10:28:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

M0K0 wrote:
Hello my friend,
depression seems to be a byproduct of our culture and a legimitation for suffering (carl gustav jung).

I had to Google this and found the quote: "Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering."

I recently encountered the same idea in Bringing home the Dharma by Jack Kornfield. "There are two kinds of suffering. There is the suffering you run away from, which follows you everywhere. And there is the suffering you face directly, and in doing so become free.”

That is there is lots of suffering in depression, but it's depressed, that is, restrained, unable to surface freely.

I have had most success in growth when I have decided to go towards the sorrows and misfortunes of my life when they have surfaced during psychedelics use. Then I have tried to avoid all short term solutions to bad feelings (drinking, smoking etc) and just sit with them and suffer intentionally.

Of course this kind of work is very demanding and you need to have light activities and people in life too. Also, working with persistent depression requires a lot of patience. When bad feelings arise again you have to remind yourself that it's normal and you have tools to work with them without them taking over.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Vangoghdream
#15 Posted : 7/14/2021 2:30:09 AM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Since I am here I will pipe in.

Try micro-dosing mushrooms. I hope it helps as it had helped me. Follow that with a light mushroom trip from time to time. Increase the dose if you're feeling good about it, careful as mushrooms can give you more than you bargained for. Do DMT when you are feeling generally good. Try and concentrate on positive and healing with you intentions with psychedelics. Rid yourself of the negative talk for the day you are going to do DMT or strong psychedelic trip of any kind. Clean your space in your way. Do your best to allow yourself to go through the emotions that come and try and not fight it. Cry if it feels like you need to. Being a strong man means being able to cry as far as I am concerned. A good man feels and should never be ashamed of it. This is something I am trying to learn. I never ever cry. I sure did on a couple trips. I felt ashamed for some reason, I really fought it bad. These emotions get piled up and can feel overwhelming if your not used to it, you will learn the strength of crying if you need healing. It is natural.

A side note, MDMA is also helpful with depression if your so inclined. The key to this is you need to become your own therapist. Are you qualified? Do you think you can council yourself? If your answer is no, well you may just surprise yourself on how supportive you can be of yourself. It comes in waves.

All these psychedelic experiences can offer is another perspective and that is all. It is all up to you decide what to do with these perceptions. It is tricky, you can feel cured after a good trip and it all comes back. It takes work after the trips. Lots of work. Constant reminders with a sober mind taking into consideration the implications of your psychedelic learnings. I think psychedelics can help a lot but it is you that is one doing the work. Best course is to make a decision to be ok with being depressed right now, then make the decision how you want to heal. If you decide to heal and that voice comes back in attempting to drag you back into the abyss, do let it, become aware your mind is doing this and stop it. Learn to start thinking differently, it is the only way to become less depressed.

You may have experienced things that leave you feeling hardened and tough. And you are. You are also something else. Both are ok. It's ok to be depressed. Allow that for yourself, that is the first step is respecting your depression and what it is telling you. Your depression can act as a driving force to something positive and empowering! The fact that you want better for yourself show you love yourself more than you think. Forgive, give gratitude when you can, and most of all be kind to everyone.

My advice. Take it or leave it. Not all keys fit all locks. Good luck to you! I wish you the best in the most sincere way that I can!!