We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
"Empathogenicity" in Psilocybin mushrooms Options

Voidmatrix
#21 Posted : 7/7/2021 11:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

My apologies everyone. I just saw that the link to the graph I tried to share just sends you to a google search. The file type for the pic is unsupported by the forum, so here's the actual page that has the graph a little ways down the page .

I am also posting a pick from The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible that has pretty much the same information.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Graph 2.jpg (4,809kb) downloaded 140 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#22 Posted : 7/8/2021 12:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

No ammount of THH with DMT makes it feel as full as psilocybin for myself. Harmalas with DMT just feel inferior in this respect. I am doubting that this is due to baeocystin tbh, because I get similar effects with just 4-Aco-DMT. It is simply a quality I expect psilocin/psilocybin itself to possess.

Psilocybin over DMT for me, even if THH or anything else is added. Mushrooms do something special I just find.

Every type of psilo mushroom does it, 4-Aco-DMT does it.
Long live the unwoke.

dithyramb
#23 Posted : 7/8/2021 1:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I mentioned that psilocybin has an empathogenicity, and also that it feels fuller and more colorful than DMT. But some species seem to have an even greater empathogenicity.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 7/8/2021 4:14:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Dithyramb and @Jamie, could you share a little more on the differences and preferences between DMT and psilocybin for yourselves? I'm just curious about other experiences and such. I love them both and both are at relatively the same level of value for me. I tend to engage DMT more often, but that's mainly due to lacking in setting aside time to do mushrooms.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dithyramb
#25 Posted : 7/8/2021 5:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayahuasca analogue experiences for me are about going inside and awakening to the reality of my life. Clear and "sober." Mental and spiritual.

Mushroom experiences (with or without rue) are about exploring the outer ecology (physical or spiritual) and rejoicing in my connectedness. Feels more "meaty"/full, emotional and spiritual, and trippy.

Of course mushrooms can be an inner experience as well, but this is how I would contrast them.

One more thing I can add is that mushrooms connect me to "Gaia" whereas DMT connects me to divine planes.

Setting a ceremonial space is necessary to see these differences.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Voidmatrix
#26 Posted : 7/8/2021 6:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Ayahuasca analogue experiences for me are about going inside and awakening to the reality of my life. Clear and "sober." Mental and spiritual.

Mushroom experiences (with or without rue) are about exploring the outer ecology and rejoicing in my connectedness. Feels more "meaty"/full, emotional and spiritual, and trippy.

Of course mushrooms can be an inner experience as well, but this is how I would contrast them.

One more thing I can add is that mushrooms connect me to "Gaia" whereas DMT connects me to divine planes.

Thank you for sharing that.

What are your thoughts on experiences with both mushrooms and DMT simultaneously?

One love

dithyramb
#27 Posted : 7/8/2021 6:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have one experience of mixing the two together and it was with rue. Phalaris brachystachys and liberty caps... It was a seamless synergy, amazing potentiation, and the mushroom spirit dominated. Much tears, laughter, introspection, visions etc...

~ Pablo Amaringo

Voidmatrix
#28 Posted : 7/8/2021 6:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
I only have one experience of mixing the two together and it was with rue. Phalaris brachystachys and liberty caps... It was a seamless synergy, amazing potentiation, and the mushroom spirit dominated. Much tears, laughter, introspection, visions etc...

Very cool. I have yet to have a full pharma or Aya experience, but with vaped DMT I notice a strong synergy and find the DMT part of the experience more malleable and "controllable." Which one dominates during the breadth of the combined experience depends on the dosage of both. Sometimes, with large enough mushroom doses, the DMT part of the experience is strongly propelled by the mushrooms. With smaller mushroom doses the DMT takes center stage.

One love

Jagube
#29 Posted : 7/9/2021 2:34:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry guys, I have no citations for the baeocystin content of Pan. cinctulus, just mentions which you can google out (and which may be inaccurate).

Serotonin doesn't cross the BBB. 5-HTP does.

roninsina
#30 Posted : 7/11/2021 3:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:

Mushroom experiences (with or without rue) are about exploring the outer ecology (physical or spiritual) and rejoicing in my connectedness. Feels more "meaty"/full, emotional and spiritual, and trippy.

I’ve never noticed this distinction before, but that is exactly my experience as well. Thanks for shining a light on that, dithyramb.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Tomtegubbe
#31 Posted : 7/11/2021 4:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:

There is wisdom here!
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#32 Posted : 7/11/2021 9:33:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:

Last question and I'll leave you alone lol. Do you mean the same ceremonial setup, or different ones relative to the entheogen being ingested? What does your ceremonial setup look like for you?

Because of my stances on various things, the ritual before any entheogen is roughly the same. For me it allows for a sort of "free-form" which allows the entheogen to show me what it wants to and guide me based on that context. My intent also plays a role and while the ritual will generally be the same, the intent isn't always so.

And thank you for sharing. As stated before, the difference in interpretation of experience and what can be noticed by different individuals is very interesting. Your seasoned experience adds a lot of flavor.

One love

dithyramb
#33 Posted : 7/12/2021 10:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any careful ritual will help. The entheogen guides you into what specific conditions it prefers. Mushrooms want to be done outdoors, both day time or night time works. Aya analogues with DMT either (make you) suffer or feel wasted in the daytime, but given the right environment they are good both indoors and outdoors.

I'm glad to be able to contribute, thanks for reading.

One Love.

~ Pablo Amaringo

PREV12