We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
In quarantine/lock down Movie/TV thread Options

Orion
#81 Posted : 6/12/2020 1:37:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
You probably have to be a really screwed up, dorky and neurotic person of the male gender to really appreciate it, but I'm binging some Evangelion. Man, I love this show.

I love the series! Not so much the movies... Check out the manga if you haven't, it provides insights into details the series didn't have time for and has some very interesting differences, especially the ending which seems to make more sense. I heard Netflix messed with Eva a bit, voice acting and soundtrack and such Thumbs down

Netflix would score extra points for putting Serial Experiments Lain up and not tampering with it. I've heard it's almost impossible to fully understand, but so hypnotic you don't even care. I've only seen a bit in very low quality and don't want to ruin my experience that way. I was thoroughly enjoying it though, it's very quiet and mysterious, not a typical anime at all.

I'm revisiting some late 80's and 90's underwater sci fi films I loved as a kid: 'The Abyss' and 'Sphere'. Both good films that don't feel like they were made nearly 10 years apart. I'm enjoying the original book by Michael Crichton too.

Lot's of people like Hereditary here eh ? I went to the pictures to see it. Definitely one that gets under the skin. Although I have no desire to see it again I thought it was pretty good at the time. It had a sort of night-terror feel to it.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#82 Posted : 6/12/2020 6:03:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right now I'm crazy wild about Bojack Horseman.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Duncan Disorderly
#83 Posted : 6/12/2020 2:16:44 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

What We Do In the Shadows.

Both the film and TV series. Brilliantly funny vampire spoof.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

dragonrider
#84 Posted : 6/12/2020 3:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The dutch filmer alex van warmerdam has made some realy weird movies. I don't know if they are available with subtitles.

"The dress" is i think his best movie.

There is a scene where a man is trying to convince his wife to have a threesome with a large pig, saying:"but honey, can't we at least try it".

In another scene, a man sneaks into a womans house, then sneaks up on her and grabs her, saying:"don't be affraid, i am normal".

Jagube
#85 Posted : 7/6/2020 11:26:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see a lot of you are horror fans, and apparently it has some benefits:
Pandemic Practice: Horror Fans and Morbidly Curious Individuals Are More Psychologically Resilient During the COVID-19 Pandemic

I used to be a fan too, and I still love a good one (Midsommar was one of the best I've seen recently), but I don't like graphic violence on the screen. So any non-violent recommendations (and not necessarily horror ones) would be welcome.

Bill Cipher
#86 Posted : 7/6/2020 10:34:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite enjoyed Come To Daddy on Amazon Prime.

Favorite quote:

"Who was that man?"
"That was Jethro. He's my best friend."
"Then why is he stabbing you with poo pens and chaining you up in your basement?"
"He has his reasons."

null24
#87 Posted : 7/7/2020 7:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yeah, Come To Daddy was pretty fun to watch. More than I can say about "The Room", which I tried to watch last night and made it 2/3rds through and had to fast-forward some mind-numbingly extended visual exposition to be able to say I got that far. Interesting premise, about a room in a house that sort of grants all material wishes with a decent twist. IDK, I was pretty exhausted, maybe it was good...

I still haven't made it through Hagazuzza because I keep making the mistake of trying to do so while I eat. I watched Baskin while eating a steak, if that says anything about Hagazuzza. Jesus, it's a good movie though, and I love the soundtrack.

Speaking of soundtracks, the utterly awesome and amazing Blood Machines has an equally awesome soundtrack on the big huge music app Spot Something, it's truly beautiful sonic Luciferian glory, and it's great for productivity too. Artist's name is Carpenter Brut, I'd love more info on them if anyone knows any.

On the other hand, on Shudder for the next week or so is the Etheria short horror fest entries from 2020. There are some really good and provocative shorts in it that prove that women deserve a place in the horror film industry far greater than what they've been allowed up to now, even in progressive studios like Blumhouse.

BTW, Jagube, thanks for giving me the scientific proof that my life has only prepared me well for this $#!%.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#88 Posted : 7/31/2020 10:55:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

August 2020? Y'all in Europe and elsewhere prolly no longer need this thread, but here some still might because you know, 'mericans got freedom guddabnit.

Mushroom movies for some reason tend to be real cluster****s ("Shrooms' anyone?), and I expected much the same from A Field in England, but it is...well...kinda good? I think I might pick up on some of the things I missed if I actually ate some mushrooms an hour before watching it. Not that it's visually psychedelic (It is in B/W, and has some stroboscobic kaleideoscope scenes), it's all visual symbolism and has deep roots in western esotercism.

Maybe recommend it.Razz
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#89 Posted : 9/2/2020 1:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right now all of my favorite shows are animated.

Trailer Park Boys- Animated Series. Very funny. I like it more than their live act.

Infinity Train- Clever and trippy. A girl is traveling on an infinite psychedelic train with robot entity friend.

Star Trek: Lower Decks- I love this show. Episode #4, when the guy ascends, I would bet that whoever developed/illustrated that idea has broken through on a high dose of vaped spice. My favorite Star Trek to date.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#90 Posted : 9/3/2020 5:28:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I would bet that whoever developed/illustrated that idea has broken through on a high dose of vaped spice. My favorite Star Trek to date.

Wouldn't surprise me since on Voyager they have an engineer named Stamets running a ship on space-mycelium. I just got sucked into the second season of that one, and there's an episode that involves a crew member entering some alternate mind-space due to a space-psilocybin attack by some fungal entity. Wut?

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Metta-Morpheus
#91 Posted : 9/3/2020 3:15:56 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

High Score on Netflix.

A docuseries on the history of video games, from space invaders all the way to modern day. Goes into the origins and early days of arcades to home systems, and covers the origins of different genres(rpg, shooters, ect). I enjoyed it.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

AikyO
#92 Posted : 9/5/2020 10:59:45 AM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Lamu: Beautiful Dreamer (うる星やつら2 ビューティフル・ドリーマー ) is an animation film directed by Oshii Mamoru (押井 守). It sets the basis for all the themes he will continue to explore in his more realistic and well known cyberpunk films, Patlabor and Ghost in the Shell. This one explores the mechanics of dreams and stands as one of the best exemple of the peculiar japanese meta that was abundant in those days. It will make your head spin (try it)

Also to note, the previous movie is also by him but on a different beat: a totally lysergic space craze filled with over the top characters, less introspective and more funny.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Tony6Strings
#93 Posted : 9/25/2020 5:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves, a new series. It definitely had a couple scenes of hyperspatial dmt stylized happenings. I would reccomend. Futuristic sci-fi with emphasis on androids colonizing new planets with human life.
olympus mon wrote:

VibeSurfer
#94 Posted : 12/28/2020 11:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some great movies I've watched recently are

Rum Diary
The Arrival
Knives Out
Primal
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
A Scanner Darkly
Wild Things
The Beach
Predator (2018 )
Predator (1987)
Spiderman: Homecoming
Spiderman: Far from Home
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

AikyO
#95 Posted : 1/12/2021 3:27:56 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Found out a good show for quarantine time, it's called 12 Monkeys. It doesn't have much to do with the original film beside the premise of early episodes but it is a time travel show. Actually, it's all they do, all the .. time. It's a fun show, with loads of interesting bits, a somehow very TV, show. Aware of itself you might say. There's a pandemic they're trying to prevent, is how it starts off. It changes quite a bit from the first season to the end of the second and gets better and better. It's visually interesting and psychonauts should be pleased with some of the themes and motifs presented. Give it a try.

安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

hug46
#96 Posted : 3/21/2021 7:56:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We are still on a curfew and maybe teetering into another lockdown, so i am going to continue posting. This is my latest recommendation. An oldie, but a goodie.......

Here's a brief review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsACLseQDEQ

Wolfnippletip
#97 Posted : 7/9/2021 12:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A really good watch, and for free on Youtube.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_of_Mr._Baker

(If you click on the "watch on youtube" it seems to work)

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

hug46
#98 Posted : 12/1/2021 3:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In preparation for the new strain coming on, here is another recommendation and it's on utube and quite apt for our current times. There has been a more modern version of this series been made that is apparently not very good but i haven't seen it....

null24
#99 Posted : 12/1/2021 7:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The netflix live-action Cowboy Bebop is pretty cool, if you are a non-purist...
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

roninsina
#100 Posted : 12/2/2021 2:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Free Guy showed up at Red Box a couple weeks ago and I watched it with my wife and kids. It was a really fun, feel-good movie that made some well aimed points about civil rights for AI.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

«PREV3456NEXT