We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ego Death In Anime Options

Curated_Thinking
#1 Posted : 4/1/2021 4:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I rewatched the anime Gundam Wing, which gets a lot of hate, but the story rewatching it is very complex. As a kid though all I was paying attention to is explosions and future action figure purchases.

About halfway or so into the series Wing Zero gets introduced and it's system. The system essentially fused the pilot's brain with the computer system so the pilot can fight better. How does it do that though? By making them experience an ego death. Nearly everyone in the show that used that system became nearly unstoppable after they stopped being afraid of death.The system pretty much shows them a vivid vision of themselves dying in battle.
I thought it was pretty funny that a mid 90s anime was using ego death as a major plot point.
CURATED_THINKING wrote:
IF ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, THEN WHAT IS A CONTRADICTION?

I HOPE AT THE END ON MY LIFE MORE GOOD WAS DONE THAN HARM BECAUSE OF THE LIFE I LIVED. I HOPE I ALTERED THE COURSE OF SOMETHING WHICH LEAD TO A GREATNESS OR WONDER THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE. I WANT WHAT WE ALL WANT, TO KNOW I WAS WORTH IT.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bisy
#2 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats how wild animals are. Not afraid of death, cautious maybe, but when its time to stand and fight, thats what they will do. Also all the great warriors, war heros, and those who claim victory in a battle to the death. An opponent that is not hesitant to face death is about as intimidating as it gets. Thats how a small animal scares the hell out of a large human.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Bisy
#3 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To truly live, you must be willing to die for the experience. Thrill seekers are a good example. Base jumpers, astronauts, gun stingers, they do things that could very likely kill them, and they are very much respected or feared for it. Even extreme sports.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

the_Architect
#4 Posted : 7/8/2021 7:28:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should watch evangelion... specially one of the first movies, I believed it was called "the end of evangelion".

There is an scene... where he breaks out and a weird music starts playing (komm suesser todd).

This is the watching order, more or less (you can go straight for the movie).
Evangelion TV series, 1995, about 26 episodes
Evangelion movies (the end of evangelion and/or other)
New evangelion ovas/reboot: from 2007 - 1.11 - 2.22 - 3.33 (upcoming 4.44)
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna