We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV121314
Book bin Options

Tomtegubbe
#261 Posted : 7/4/2021 8:17:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just read Bringing Home the Dharma by Jack Kornfield. This is an amazing book. When he discusses the extraordinary states of mind that deep meditation can open I realized this is the same headspace I have been to. There is one chapter about psychedelics and meditation practice. He tells how his own journey started with LSD, which led him to search more permanent ways of accessing the altered states.

https://www.amazon.com/B...ning-Right/dp/1611800501
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#262 Posted : 9/29/2021 6:22:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have read now 2/3ds of the Dune book. It gets very interesting at the point when Paul grows as a seer. The description of the experience feels so real that I believe Frank Herbert has been close to experiencing something like that himself. Or more properly, has been able to tap into a certain stream of consciousness which our imagination can connect to.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

donfoolio
#263 Posted : 11/30/2021 7:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started "the dawn of everything" today, written by David Graeber and David Wengrow. I really liked "debt" by Graeber, so I thought I will give it a try since it deals with a subject that is interesting: the old myth of the process of civilisation and our romantic, westernized interpretation of it.

For instance it is really worth the read! David Graeber died last year, only several weeks after finishing this book on which they worked for a decade. It fits really nicely in a lecture series of amarchist anthropology besides Pierre clastres, James Scott and others.

I recommend it, even if I only red the first 100 pages

https://www.amazon.com/D...id=1638302025&sr=8-1
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

donfoolio
#264 Posted : 12/12/2021 10:49:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just finished "plant teachers" by Jeremy narby. Honestly, it is a short essay, quite
Interesting but you will go through it in an hour. It would have been interesting to develop more his discussion with the curandero which is quite short. But only for the quote in the beginning, it was worth the lecture, where the shaman said:

" “You know the
tobacco paste is strong when the anthropologist starts attacking the chicken." Big grin

Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

the_Architect
#265 Posted : 11/24/2023 12:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ceres Colony cavalier - Tony Rodrigues.
Talks about the 20 year program, people conscience kidnapped during 20 years to serve on mars, moon, or asteroid belt colonies (were there are nazies who went to space...), and then return to your body.
This is not fiction, this is a narration from the author.
He remembered all this one doing an MRI on the head, the magnet destroyed the ehteric implants keeping this memories from him

Convoluted world series - Dolores cannon
Compilation of other dimention and incarnations from the famous hypnoterapist

"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

Subtlevibrations
#266 Posted : 1/29/2024 11:31:59 PM

Dinglehopper

Happy to add a few of my favorites to this already outstanding list of recommendations:

+ The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
+ Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
+ Upanishads, Breath of the Eternal by Swami Prabhavananda (I love the Katha Upanishad)
+ Day by Day with Bhagavan by A. Devaraja Mudaliar
+ Raja Yoga (or any work) by Swami Vivekananda
+ Be Here Now by Ram Dass (excellent visual food for tryptamine adventures)
+ Cleansing the Doors of Perception by Houston Smith
+ The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
+ The Bhagavad Gita (I like Eknath Easwaran's translation)
+ LSD, My Problem Child by Albert Hofmann
+ The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk

”She, the adorable one, seated in the Heart, is the power that gives breath. Unto Her all the senses do homage.”

«PREV121314