We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmala and Diazepam/Alimemazine danger ? Options

Cosmic Dust
#1 Posted : 6/28/2021 9:00:05 PM

Shades of vapour

Hi, I have a daily treatment with diazepam and most days I also take Alimemazine to sleep which is an anti histamine .
I only found conflicting info on the safety of mixing Benzos with Perganum Harmala .
What about the alimemazine for how long should I stop it ?

Or would It just be safer to experiment with harmalas and Tryptamines when I'll be off my meds ?

Thanks Love Love

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 6/28/2021 11:04:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm by no means a medical expert and certainly not your personal doctor which would right off the bat be the first person to consult when it comes to a subjec matter like this but I can't see it being too hazardous provided you're on the correct therapeutic dose of benzodiazapine prescirbed to you by your doctor and take it at the right time.

At this point in time I can't see anything wrong with the combination interation wise since harmalas work largly to inhibit the degradation of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine, not GABA, at least not that I've heard so far. I did come across a study saying that harmaline funtions as a benzodiazapine inverse agonist, so provide theirs any wight to that argument it might even counteract the benzodiapine GABAergic effect.

I'm gonna do more research on this subject and update later on, I ain't the right person to be talking about this anyway. PM CorpusCallosum our official Nexus doctor for correct information.

someblackguy
#3 Posted : 7/1/2021 12:41:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FDA. Valium® prescribing information (2013)
“Metabolism: **Diazepam** is N-demethylated by **CYP3A4** and 2C19 to the active metabolite N-desmethyldiazepam, and is hydroxylated by **CYP3A4** to the active metabolite temazepam. N-desmethyldiazepam and temazepam are both further metabolized to oxazepam. Temazepam and oxazepam are largely eliminated by glucuronidation. […]
- Drug Interactions
Centrally Acting Agents: If **Valium** is to be combined with other centrally acting agents, careful consideration should be given to the pharmacology of the agents employed particularly with compounds that may potentiate or be potentiated by the action of **Valium**, such as phenothiazines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics/sedatives, hypnotics, anticonvulsants, narcotic analgesics, anesthetics, sedative antihistamines, narcotics, barbiturates, **MAO inhibitors**† and other antidepressants. […]
Compounds Which Inhibit Certain Hepatic Enzymes: There is a potentially relevant interaction between **diazepam** and compounds which inhibit certain hepatic enzymes (particularly **cytochrome P450 3A**† and 2C19). Data indicate that these compounds influence the pharmacokinetics of **diazepam** and may lead to increased and prolonged sedation. At present, this reaction is known to occur with cimetidine, ketoconazole, fluvoxamine, fluoxetine, and omeprazole.”

†Zhao T, He YQ, Wang J, Ding KM, Wang CH, Wang ZT. Inhibition of human **cytochrome P450 enzymes 3A4** and 2D6 by **β-carboline alkaloids**, harmine derivatives. Phytother Res. 2011 Nov;25(11):1671-7. doi: 10.1002/ptr.3458. Epub 2011 Mar 24. PMID: 21433154.
“Abstract: **β-Carboline alkaloids** are the main chemical constituents of the plant **Peganum harmala**, while they also could be formed endogenously and found in coffee, alcoholic beverages and tobacco. Considering the fact that the possibility of herb-drug interactions has recently received great attention worldwide, the aim of the current study was to assess the potential for the metabolism-based drug-drug interactions arising from five **β-carboline alkaloids** (harmine, harmaline, harmalol, harmol and harmane) from **P. harmala** in vitro. With microsome incubation assays and UPLC/HPLC methods, the inhibitions on human liver **CYP3A4** and CYP2D6 enzymes by those **β-carboline alkaloids** were studied kinetically. Harmine, harmol and harmane exhibited noncompetitive inhibition on the activity of CYP3A4 with K(i) values of 16.76, 5.13 and 1.66 μM, respectively. These **β-carboline alkaloids** were also found to be both substrates and inhibitors for CYP2D6. Harmaline, harmine and harmol showed typical competitive inhibition on the activity of CYP2D6 with K(i) values of 20.69, 36.48 and 47.11 μM, respectively. The inhibition of the two major CYP enzymes by those β-carboline alkaloids suggested that changes in the pharmacokinetics of co-administered drugs were likely to have occurred. Therefore, caution should be exercised for possible drug interactions of medicinal plants containing those β-carboline alkaloids and CYP substrates.
Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoing—but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
“Where is your master? Where is he?”
Mig shâ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

Cosmic Dust
#4 Posted : 7/2/2021 1:13:31 PM

Shades of vapour

So I think I'm gonna avoid that the time that I finish my benzo tapper and am clean from meds .
Thanks

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 7/2/2021 1:51:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate benzo withdrawal. I've gone through times in my life where I have eaten those things like skittles, twenty or more 1mg tablets in a day and after binging like that for several weeks followed by abrupt cessation is always a recipe for hell on earth.

Wish you best with your taper! There is light at the end of the tunnel!! And it sounds like you have some traveling to look forward to while you finish!!

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand