We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
California Senators Approve Bill To Legalize Possession Of Psychedelics Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/7/2021 7:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A bill to decriminalize psychedelics in California and create a working group to study broader reform advanced through a Senate committee on Tuesday. The panel also approved separate legislation to allow communities in the state to temporarily open safe consumption sites for illegal drugs.

The Senate Public Safety Committee approved the legislation, sponsored by Sen. Scott Wiener (D), by a vote of 4-1. If enacted into law, it would remove criminal penalties for possessing or sharing a wide range of psychedelics—including psilocybin mushrooms, DMT, ibogaine, LSD and MDMA—for adults 21 and older.

The measure would also provide for the expungements of prior convictions for offenses that it makes lawful. [..]

For psilocybin, the legislation would repeal provisions in California statute that prohibit the cultivation or transportation of “any spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms or other material” that contain the psychoactive ingredient.

Mescaline derived from peyote is specifically excluded from the bill’s reform provisions “because of the nearly endangered status of the peyote plant and the special significance peyote holds in Native American spirituality.”

While the bill is being described by lawmakers and advocates as simple “decriminalization,” the official legislative analysis of the proposal states that it would “make lawful” the personal possession and social sharing of these substances.

https://www.marijuanamom...MQ4Z7joF1YFvRINC9Kvpf_4A

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/7/2021 8:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for sharing! The news isn't always bad haha.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#3 Posted : 4/8/2021 12:15:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The mescaline exclusion is silly. As we all know, mescaline does not only come from peyote. And most of us who work with this magic medicine have never obtained mescaline from peyote.
Edit: Mescaline would be legal. Only mescaline derived from peyote would be illegal.

Making "mescaline from peyote" illegal means peyote will stay endangered because it's more difficult to obtain and thus cultivate.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 4/8/2021 12:37:44 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yeah, peyote should be protected with endangered wild species laws. That could encourage some poachers to become cultivators. Seems sloppy lawmaking to try to protect it with nonsense drug prohibition.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

shroombee
#5 Posted : 4/8/2021 1:59:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"This bill would make lawful the possession for personal use, as described, and the social sharing, as defined, of psilocybin, psilocyn, dimethyltryptamine (DMT), ibogaine, mescaline, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), ketamine, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), by and with persons 21 years of age or older."

Best to read the actual bill. So mescaline derived from sources other than peyote would be legal.

Quote:
"Peyote is specifically excluded from the list of substances to be decriminalized, and any cultivation, harvest, extraction, tincture or other product manufactured or derived therefrom, because of the nearly endangered status of the peyote plant and the special significance peyote holds in Native American spirituality."

"The State of California fully respects and supports the continued Native American possession and use of peyote under federal law, 42 U.S.C. 1996a, understanding that Native Americans in the United States were persecuted and prosecuted for their ceremonial practices and use of peyote for more than a century and had to fight numerous legal and political battles to achieve the current protected status, and the enactment of this legislation does not intend to undermine explicitly or implicitly that status."

Still silly as peyote would be more widely cultivated and thus not endangered if it were legal. Imagine being able to purchase and gift a cute little peyote button to a friend or loved one.

And does this Native American exception appear racist to anyone? That only a certain race is allowed to benefit from the spiritual healing of peyote?

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 4/8/2021 3:57:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How exactly would it be determined that mescaline originated from peyote? Isotope ratio studies? It makes me wonder whether any of these senators have Trichocereus farms on the go. Supporting peyote conservation efforts by legalising cultivation of peyote would do far more to address the apparent concerns about peyote conservation, indeed. Table that amendment now!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 4/10/2021 1:18:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

shroombee wrote:
Quote:
"This bill would make lawful the possession for personal use, as described, and the social sharing, as defined, of psilocybin, psilocyn, dimethyltryptamine (DMT), ibogaine, mescaline, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), ketamine, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), by and with persons 21 years of age or older."

Best to read the actual bill. So mescaline derived from sources other than peyote would be legal.

Quote:
"Peyote is specifically excluded from the list of substances to be decriminalized, and any cultivation, harvest, extraction, tincture or other product manufactured or derived therefrom, because of the nearly endangered status of the peyote plant and the special significance peyote holds in Native American spirituality."

"The State of California fully respects and supports the continued Native American possession and use of peyote under federal law, 42 U.S.C. 1996a, understanding that Native Americans in the United States were persecuted and prosecuted for their ceremonial practices and use of peyote for more than a century and had to fight numerous legal and political battles to achieve the current protected status, and the enactment of this legislation does not intend to undermine explicitly or implicitly that status."

Still silly as peyote would be more widely cultivated and thus not endangered if it were legal. Imagine being able to purchase and gift a cute little peyote button to a friend or loved one.

And does this Native American exception appear racist to anyone? That only a certain race is allowed to benefit from the spiritual healing of peyote?

If Hamilton's Pharmacopeia is accurate, we can just rely on Thai culture since these special cacti are collected by cactophiles there (and apparently they are largely unaware of the psychoactive effects). LolBig grin

I'm not sure I see it as racist, but maybe racial. It's actually kind of odd since in the history of this country, Native Americans have been treated with disdain and contempt that there is a bias in favor of their culture. It seems more of a nod to Native peoples and their traditions. It's still an unnecessary distinction they're making by not allowing that plant and its endogenous compounds to the general public (over the age of 21)smh.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

JefFlux
#8 Posted : 4/12/2021 12:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeh, that's interesting that they have included the peyote issue & mescaline sources - clearly they had some well-informed consultation on the whole issue- but as downwardsfromzero pointed out; how the hell is anyone going to know-given that people don't often even extract 'mescaline' per se. Trichocereus is also easy to grow there and therefore produces alkaloids faster, people just need to know more about it... I bet a lot of newbies or even older people interested in psychedelics again, just associate mescaline with peyote and might not even know about San Pedro/Huachuma.

Peyote has been legal for members of the Native American Church since 1918 which was established primarily for the purposes of enshrining peyote into law for Native Americans (also I think, the first instance of the word 'native' being used for Indigenous people in the United States). With the classification of peyote as Schedule 1 by the U.S. Congress in 1970, an exemption was made for NAC members and then expanded to all Native Americans in the 1990s- but laws still differ State by State.

There's a bunch of reasons the plant is under threat and psychedelic-seekers is probably low on the list. Land-clearing for strip malls and warehouses seems to be a big factor. There's a really good analysis here:

* Muneta, James D. (2020) "PEYOTE CRISIS CONFRONTING MODERN INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: THE
DECLINING PEYOTE POPULATION AND A DEMAND FOR CONSERVATION," American Indian Law Journal:
Vol. 9 : Iss. 1 , Article 6.https://digitalcommons.law.seattleu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1228&context=ailj

Also the race issues are complex and implicitly entwined with the war on drugs:

Terry, M & Trout, K 2017 https://chacruna.net/peyote-united-states-prisoner-war/

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 4/15/2021 1:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Luckily, peyote is not the only cactus with mescaline in it. Most people who want to extract mescaline will probably use some torchcactus rather then peyote.

I personally also like the effects of san pedro or torches much more than the effects of peyote.

Peyote is strong, but it can be a bit foggy imo.
It's probably because of the pellotine in it, wich is a sedative.

TGO
#10 Posted : 4/15/2021 8:44:14 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

dragonrider wrote:
Luckily, peyote is not the only cactus with mescaline in it. Most people who want to extract mescaline will probably use some torchcactus rather then peyote.

I personally also like the effects of san pedro or torches much more than the effects of peyote.

Peyote is strong, but it can be a bit foggy imo.
It's probably because of the pellotine in it, wich is a sedative.

Good point. I've never had the pleasure of partaking in peyote, but have had a fair amount of experience with san pedro and bridgesii, with bridgesii being consistently reliable in terms of strength and trip quality.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Jagube
#11 Posted : 5/22/2021 12:59:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://blog.tenthamendm...e-federal-prohibition-2/
(link annoyingly behind a captcha)

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (May 20, 2021) – Today, a final California Senate committee passed a bill that would legalize possession of several psychedelic drugs including LSD and “magic mushrooms” despite federal prohibition on the same. [..]

Under the proposed law “social sharing” of these substances would be legal.

On Thursday, SB519 cleared its final Senate hurdle, passing the Appropriations Committee by a 5-2 vote.

RhythmSpring
#12 Posted : 5/22/2021 6:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing. This news needs to be spread far and wide so as to encourage other states to do the same.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Loveall
#13 Posted : 6/2/2021 9:45:35 PM

❤️‍🔥

It passed the Senate vote yesterday. Heading to appropriations next.

https://fox40.com/news/l...alize-psychedelic-drugs/

PedroSanchez
#14 Posted : 6/4/2021 10:17:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

at a glance legalization looks great, but i cant help but wonder where it will lead as far as capitalism goes. it seems to me that once the legal side (governments and money greedy corporations) gets a hold of a drug they use it in a corrupt manner to make as much money as possible.
weed is the latest example of that in USA. there has been a lot of work put into creating the strongest weed, or the most novelty version, or whatever they think will get the most money. the medicinal benefits have been lost in favour of novelty strains and formats.
nothing can go well when it comes from a place of greed.

on the flip side, the law allows people to grow their own, where they have full control and can create a final product far cleaner than they can get from a street dealer or a corporation. the same could be said for DMT, mescaline etc, but when it comes to chemicals such as LSD that i cannot yet make for myself at home i would be much more cautious.
it also means you can be in possession of these chemicals without having your life taken away from you (in the name of not taking your life away. go figure).

maybe i am paranoid but it is hard to ignore the legal misuse of drugs in the history of man, particularly when it comes to psychedelics. remember what the US government did with LSD? i cant help but wonder if that would be moved to a larger scale.

we should be excited that there is less chance of us being thrown in prison for a crime that did not happen, but i think it is important for people to remember who the enemy was this whole time and do not think for one moment that they have changed their ways.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 6/6/2021 9:14:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

PedroSanchez wrote:
at a glance legalization looks great, but i cant help but wonder where it will lead as far as capitalism goes. it seems to me that once the legal side (governments and money greedy corporations) gets a hold of a drug they use it in a corrupt manner to make as much money as possible.
weed is the latest example of that in USA. there has been a lot of work put into creating the strongest weed, or the most novelty version, or whatever they think will get the most money. the medicinal benefits have been lost in favour of novelty strains and formats.
nothing can go well when it comes from a place of greed.

on the flip side, the law allows people to grow their own, where they have full control and can create a final product far cleaner than they can get from a street dealer or a corporation. the same could be said for DMT, mescaline etc, but when it comes to chemicals such as LSD that i cannot yet make for myself at home i would be much more cautious.
it also means you can be in possession of these chemicals without having your life taken away from you (in the name of not taking your life away. go figure).

maybe i am paranoid but it is hard to ignore the legal misuse of drugs in the history of man, particularly when it comes to psychedelics. remember what the US government did with LSD? i cant help but wonder if that would be moved to a larger scale.

we should be excited that there is less chance of us being thrown in prison for a crime that did not happen, but i think it is important for people to remember who the enemy was this whole time and do not think for one moment that they have changed their ways.
Great post. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter as well.

There's the question of how matters of control of access will come to be dealt with, or are Californians simply looking forward to being able to pick up some acid at the gas station?

(Somewhat ironically, at this point in composing the reply I was interrupted by a phone call and informed that a friend of mine had died of alcohol-related issues so the matter of relative harms is thrown into stark relief.)

Returning to my train of thought, will there be full restitution for all those whose lives were ruined by their conviction for victimless drug-war crimes?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mitakuye Oyasin
#16 Posted : 6/6/2021 10:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do not trust the gas station sushi... or the LSD. ;-). Strange times indeed.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

PedroSanchez
#17 Posted : 6/7/2021 10:09:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great post. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter as well.

There's the question of how matters of control of access will come to be dealt with, or are Californians simply looking forward to being able to pick up some acid at the gas station?

(Somewhat ironically, at this point in composing the reply I was interrupted by a phone call and informed that a friend of mine had died of alcohol-related issues so the matter of relative harms is thrown into stark relief.)

Returning to my train of thought, will there be full restitution for all those whose lives were ruined by their conviction for victimless drug-war crimes?

i am sorry to hear about your friend Sad such sad news to hear another brother and sister lost to the grip of alcohol. how curious that timing was with the phone call. i think it goes without saying that harm reduction is not on the minds of lawmakers.

control of access does not seem to cross peoples minds. florida has shown that with its opium crisis, among other things and other places too. i agree it is an extremely important factor people need to think about. people are too keen to put all their trust into somebody they have not met based purely on a perceived authority.

your final point is one that upsets me a lot. i am not up to date on the situation in USA regarding the freedom of people in prison for crimes such as possession of weed, but i know that when the laws started to change over there i was asking the same thing and last i checked all those people were still in prison.
i have no hope for them being freed legally any time soon. it is no secret that there are thousands of people lost in the american prison system for life due to minor crimes. yet another example of what happens when there is a money reward for controlling an aspect of peoples lives.

it is for these reasons that i live by the laws of nature, not the laws of man. a lawmaker will tell you this makes me a murderer or something, but i have no desire to negatively affect anybodies life.

i hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you and your friends family. it is a sad time, but your friends life will be remembered and celebrated. i believe their energy is dispersed into the everything and they live on in everything, forever.

Loveall
#18 Posted : 6/30/2021 4:21:24 AM

❤️‍🔥

Good news today 🙂

The noble fight for good over fear, arrogance, and ignorance continues.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_20210629-231227-593.png (227kb) downloaded 111 time(s).

shroombee
#19 Posted : 6/30/2021 5:32:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awwwwww yeah! Next stops are the Public Health and Appropriations committees. Then full Assembly vote.

https://www.marijuanamom...possession-in-committee/

PedroSanchez
#20 Posted : 7/2/2021 11:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

congratulations to you all in CA. i am very happy to hear that less innocent people will be locked in a cell for years.

12NEXT