We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Psilocybin Potentiation Options

titus
#1 Posted : 6/15/2021 11:35:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had an experience a little while ago with about 3g of dried subaeruginosa. It was intense, but overall it stayed relatively tame. I've just picked another 2g? (maybe a bit less) or so from the same patch, and I was wondering about potentiating this with rue. Does anyone have a dosage of rue that they'd recommend or really anything regarding this subject?

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/15/2021 2:54:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There are quite a few threads covering "shroomahusca". You can definitely use rue to enhance the mileage obtained from a dose of shrooms. The rue will rather add its own flavour to the experience, however.

Normal dosage requirements for rue will apply: 3.5g - 5g (maybe even less) depending on your body size and sensitivity. [EDIT: this dose range was specifically suggested for the small amount of lower-potency shrooms. When using more or stronger shrooms, the rue dose should be considerably lower, as we can see below...]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

doubledog
#3 Posted : 6/15/2021 5:03:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also use caapi, preferably in form of extracted alkaloids, to greatly enhance effects of shrooms. The experience will be not only stronger, but also enriched.

For me personally, psilohuasca is even better than ayahuasca.

30mg of extracted freebase caapi alkaloids sublingually 10 minutes before consumption of shrooms tea is all I need.

Quetzal7
#4 Posted : 6/15/2021 5:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used rue a couple times; it's really powerful
it not only double the effect, and the lenght of the effect , but bring crazy aspect to the experience. Be cautious thou, on normal psychedelic, even if tripping really hard, there is always a "ground", something tangible you can have hold on. With the rue, on rare occasion, there will be nothing to hold on, and some people "loose" lucidity and go in full blown madness (happened couple times around me, that's why i'm really cautious promoting rue).
1 to 2g of rue is plenty to start experimenting. or 30-50 mg extracted harmaloids

Loveall
#5 Posted : 6/15/2021 6:45:09 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I had an issue with adding rue where I thought I was stuck in an infinite time loop. I think I couldn't form short term memories which was confusing and frightening to me.

It was with a pretty high dose (7g of small cubensis mushrooms + 3g of rue) which I won't repeat.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

shroombee
#6 Posted : 6/15/2021 8:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two weekends ago I tried psilohuasca for the first time and it surprised me how strong it hit and how long the trip lasted. 88 mg of harmine, 113 mg of THH, 1.5 grams of shrooms with lemon tek. It was almost too much to handle on my own (meaning I was close to needing trip sitter assistance). The first hour had some amazing CEV and feelings of bliss. I don't normally get much of those effects with straight shrooms, regardless of the dose.

Then the psychedelic mind warp began, accompanied by feelings of anxiety. I had to talk myself into staying calm. I felt I was over-stimulated. Sometimes I play piano to ground myself, but my hands were shaking too much and I couldn't focus.

I've done up to 20 grams of shrooms in the past year, but lately I've been very sensitive to psychedelics. Hence the 1.5 grams with harmalas being plenty for me. Looking at other people's posts, I might want to lower the dosage of harmalas next time.

titus
#7 Posted : 6/15/2021 11:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies! I'll probably go with less rue as to err on the side of caution. On a different note... has anyone had any success with cultivating subaeruginosa? Not even necessarily fruiting them, which I know people have had a lot of difficulty with, but just even propagating the mycelium. I tried around a year back with stem butts and cardboard, and at the beginning the mycelium went fluffy and looked like it was spreading fine... and then it just stopped. I'm trying again with pasteurized pine shavings (like the ones you get for animal beddings). Thanks again Big grin

_Trip_
#8 Posted : 6/16/2021 3:08:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

titus,
P. Subs can take a couple years to get going, best way obviously is to grow outdoors. Indoor will be extremely difficult.
Using pine tambark is best, (the red variety wont work), normal pine tambark mulch or the black kind will work.
Remember, they'll need the cold climate to grow as well as the proper altitude, they can struggle to form at all at low altitudes.

Shroomery will have some good discussions on the matter. I have heard people attempt indoor grows with cardboard but usually with very limited success and the grows usually cease halfway through.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 6/16/2021 3:10:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

try aniracetam. trust me. it will potentiate a mushroom trip.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#10 Posted : 6/16/2021 12:07:47 PM

❤️‍🔥

benzyme wrote:

This is interesting. How much aniracetam?

Separate topic: How about theobromine? I never tried it, but heard that it could potentiate mushrooms and there is a short wiki entry for this combo.

King Tryptamine
#11 Posted : 6/16/2021 6:26:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think theobromine has any effect on potentiating psilocin. As far as I know it works the same way caffeine does but it elicits a response which isn't as great if we're talking about central effects. Anyway it goes if theobromine does work, I'm curious to the science behind it is all I'm saying.

Loveall
#12 Posted : 6/16/2021 6:36:55 PM

❤️‍🔥

King Tryptamine wrote:
I don't think theobromine has any effect on potentiating psilocin. As far as I know it works the same way caffeine does but it elicits a response which isn't as great if we're talking about central effects. Anyway it goes if theobromine does work, I'm curious to the science behind it is all I'm saying.

I don't know. I have no experience with theobromine, was just referencing our wiki. I believe there is a history of shamanic cacao. Here is a psychedelic salon podcast (#256) with more info ("A Drug Enhancer Called Chocolate" ):

https://media.blubrry.co...6-OttChocolateOaxaca.mp3

dithyramb
#13 Posted : 6/16/2021 7:57:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
You can also use caapi, preferably in form of extracted alkaloids, to greatly enhance effects of shrooms. The experience will be not only stronger, but also enriched.

For me personally, psilohuasca is even better than ayahuasca.

30mg of extracted freebase caapi alkaloids sublingually 10 minutes before consumption of shrooms tea is all I need.

With rue, mushrooms seem to give a more full experience than dmt, and in that way it seems better to me also. However, mushrooms/psilocin is more dream like and not as lucid as DMT. Also, for me, mushrooms (liberty caps) are about heart opening and kinship while most DMT plants with rue are about the awakening journey of the soul. Thus I still prefer DMT most of the time.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Jagube
#14 Posted : 6/16/2021 8:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the ceremony in Huatla I sat in, led by a Mazatec curandera, the mushrooms were served with cacao beans. Not sure what the purpose of them was.

I take everything with rue; mushrooms, cacti. Usually 100 mg harmine + 100 mg THH.

doubledog
#15 Posted : 6/16/2021 9:13:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Theobromine is imo quite mild, but pleasant little brother of caffeine, so I believe it could add some nice mood enhancement and body stimulation to sometimes rough mushroom experience.

But effects of chocolate are more than just theobromine itself, other compounds, like anandamide and phenylethylamine, most likely also contribute to the experience.
Chocolate is also perfect combo with mescaline, especially in second half of the trip.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 6/25/2021 2:25:41 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Loveall wrote:
benzyme wrote:

This is interesting. How much aniracetam?

Separate topic: How about theobromine? I never tried it, but heard that it could potentiate mushrooms and there is a short wiki entry for this combo.

1g. aniracetam.

Xocolatl was a traditional aqueous infusion of cacao with p.mexicana and chiles, which is probably the context about the combo of taking mushrooms with chocolate was first learned. Theobromine is, as you've mentioned, a weaker xanthine than caffeine, both are CYP3A4 ligands. Some have claimed chocolate inhibits MAO, which is incorrect. Theobromine is just a ligand.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

titus
#17 Posted : 9/22/2021 12:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:

I did 1.8g subs with 150mg of harmalas maybe 2 weeks ago, and I can definitely see what you're talking about. The trip delivered the most vivid and bizarre hallucinations I've ever had, with a stream of people moving past me, like I was standing still on a busy street. They were all male, and I got the impression of them being 'regular' people. It was so vivid that I kept on flinching as they moved past me, it felt like they were about to bump into me. Definitely less geometric than mushrooms on their own, I thought, and rather far more visionary. Once I have the time I'll try and raise the dose of mushrooms to see in what way that changes.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 9/23/2021 12:27:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

benzyme wrote:
Xocolatl was a traditional aqueous infusion of cacao with p.mexicana and chiles, which is probably the context about the combo of taking mushrooms with chocolate was first learned. Theobromine is, as you've mentioned, a weaker xanthine than caffeine, both are CYP3A4 ligands. Some have claimed chocolate inhibits MAO, which is incorrect. Theobromine is just a ligand.

I think I may have hesitated to mention before, but I've had some remarkable potentiation of mushrooms using a Space Paste tincture. Nutmeg alone also potentiates shrooms and it has been claimed (IMO reliably enough, by people I know first-hand) that cloves and black pepper can also be used to potentiate. These things all tie into the CYP3A4 metabolic pathway.

I would advise against using spices in combination with harmala alkaloids, however, especially in greater than culinary amounts.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JKW
#19 Posted : 11/5/2021 7:15:43 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I would also recommend Tetrahydroharmine (THH) which is sold online as a nootropic.

I posted recently in the "Mushroom Experience" section about 3 grams + 180 mg THH.
Great potentiation with zero nausea.

WisdomTooth
#20 Posted : 11/29/2021 9:13:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cacao + Cayenne Pepper + Mushrooms = WIN

Cacao was used because its so rich in chemicals and nutrients that make you feel good, energize you and put you in positive and uplifted state, so the mushrooms usually together or afterwards (my preference) naturally shifts more towards a positive and empowering experience. This is why fasting is also often recommended with psychedelics.

The cayenne and other similar spices help dilate blood vessels so the cacao penetrates deeper into the body and blood-brain-barrier. I love adding cinnamon, ginger and vanilla to this and there are many other herbs and substances you can experiment with, although i would do your own experiments on its own before doing it with mushrooms to find what works for you as some herbs/spices can interact and negatively effect or hinder/diminish the experience.

Always keep it simple Smile
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

12NEXT