We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaping DMT after Syrian Rue/MAOI? Alternative ROAs! Options

SawdustAndHoney
#1 Posted : 6/6/2021 8:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

from what I know, MAO is the enzyme most responsible for metabolizing DMT. Would drinking a cup of syrian rue tea 30min before vaping a regular dose make it more intense/last longer?

I'm asking as I tried to vape it off the mesh vaporizer (geekvape) and had a lot of trouble. I was successful once and at around 30mg my friend was out for almost half an hour. But last time I tried it with another friend they had to inhale huge tokes (much more than a regular dose) and only felt moderate/treshold effects. It could be the case of wrong vaping technique (205C, TC-SS mode on a stainless steel mesh, inhaled), but it seems really weird for it to have worked that weakly.

I thought it could be caused by naturally high MAO levels between different people.

We also could try dissolving some DMT freebase in acidified water and drinking it alongside syrian rue.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance Laughing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 6/6/2021 8:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Simply, yes, drinking rue tea prior to vaporization of freebase DMT provides ample potentiation.

A few things could be at play relative to your friend who had minimal effects. I don't know how much of it would pertain to the MAO in an individual since by vaporization it's bypassing the stomach where MAOs effect various molecules. However, if your friend is of larger stature they may need a higher dose. In Rick Straussman's trials in the 90s, his calculation for dose administration was based off of x mg/kg. Your friend could also just need more as sensitivities to different chemicals is different for a variety of individuals.

A personal example is that sometimes I will have a breakthrough experience off an amount that would only be threshold for the majority of people. Most recently was late last week when I broke through on 15mg.

Drink some rue tea, wait 20 to 30 minutes, and happy and safe travels for you and your friends.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

SawdustAndHoney
#3 Posted : 6/6/2021 8:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Voidmatrix, you're always there to answer my (sometimes dumb!) questions. Smile

I wanted to accept the possibility of her just not being as sensitive as the other friend, but she really smoked nearly 90mgs and felt moderate effects. At a dose of 30-35mg my other friend said that his universe dissolved and he was laying down nearly unresponsive for almost half an hour...
That's why I'm sure there's more to it than just the regular differences from person to person.

Maybe not holding the vapor for long enough? She did release it after 5 seconds of inhaling it all, as it's rather irritating. On the other hand I wasn't able to feel even moderate effects, as I coughed everything out much more quickly. That's why I was wondering about an alternative ROA. Have you, by chance, had any luck with doing "reverse pharmahuasca"? Eg. drinking syrian rue tea and then ingesting DMT orally?

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 6/6/2021 10:01:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
Thank you Voidmatrix, you're always there to answer my (sometimes dumb!) questions. Smile

I wanted to accept the possibility of her just not being as sensitive as the other friend, but she really smoked nearly 90mgs and felt moderate effects. At a dose of 30-35mg my other friend said that his universe dissolved and he was laying down nearly unresponsive for almost half an hour...
That's why I'm sure there's more to it than just the regular differences from person to person.

Maybe not holding the vapor for long enough? She did release it after 5 seconds of inhaling it all, as it's rather irritating. On the other hand I wasn't able to feel even moderate effects, as I coughed everything out much more quickly. That's why I was wondering about an alternative ROA. Have you, by chance, had any luck with doing "reverse pharmahuasca"? Eg. drinking syrian rue tea and then ingesting DMT orally?

I'm definitely still learning a great deal but will always try to help how I can Love

Yes, yes, yes. Could definitely be more than just differences in person to person. To take it q level deeper, it could also be context to context. My third experience on DMT was in the same evening as the first. I was somehow gone for about 55 min... context to context. That's one I still can't figure out.

Based off of the description provided, it sounds like the Spice may have been burned thus deactivating it. I usually find freebase to not burn at all when vaped properly. Perhaps turn down the wattage on your mod.

You certainly can drink some rue and after eat some DMT (I'm confident that even in freebase form it will still become active). I'm presently caught up in the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | complexing ROA and haven't gotten around to testing other pharma routes myself yet.

Different ROAs will provide different flavors of DMT experienceSmile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

slane
#5 Posted : 6/7/2021 1:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rue tea can vary batch to batch, especially if you are using different amounts of heat and time.

seeds can vary in amount of MAOI contained and bodyweight can play a factor too.

also, just as an aside--you don't need to wait 30 minutes after drinking the tea to smoke. on an empty stomach at least, 10-15 minutes is more than enough.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/7/2021 1:55:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slane wrote:

also, just as an aside--you don't need to wait 30 minutes after drinking the tea to smoke. on an empty stomach at least, 10-15 minutes is more than enough.

I concur. Found that out my first time trying it... lol. I was fasted, justed wanted some rue tea because I found it calming, wanted a small blastoff... the ensuing experience was very much a big surprise: grin:

Thanks for adding to what I neglected to mention slane. One of the things I love about this community.

Something else I forgot to comment on: tell your friends to hold it in longer Love

One love

artificer
#7 Posted : 6/15/2021 10:33:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It took me a bit of fiddling around with the e-mesh to get it to maintain temperature the way I wanted. GeekVape brand seems to have good TC algorithm/control once it's set up right.

Did you do testing to watch the wattage output on the mesh (without any spice, just the mesh)? I set mine to 204C and 42 watts. The mesh never gets red, but reaches temp quickly and then the wattage settles in around 8-15 watts for me.

Another thing to watch out for, and I don't mean to offend intelligence as I'm sure you're aware of it but just want to point it out, is the mesh you're using MUST be stainless steel. I had difficulty finding any mesh at local vape shops and once I finally found some, I was eager and purchased a roll of VandyVape mesh and didn't notice it was kanthal. I wasted 30+ minutes fiddling with mod settings because it kept glowing red, before I realized the mesh was kanthal and not SS. You can set kanthal to 100C and it'll still burn every bit of spice with little effective vape, and certainly be unpleasant to inhale.

Best of luck!
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 6/15/2021 10:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

artificer wrote:
It took me a bit of fiddling around with the e-mesh to get it to maintain temperature the way I wanted. GeekVape brand seems to have good TC algorithm/control once it's set up right.

Did you do testing to watch the wattage output on the mesh (without any spice, just the mesh)? I set mine to 204C and 42 watts. The mesh never gets red, but reaches temp quickly and then the wattage settles in around 8-15 watts for me.

Another thing to watch out for, and I don't mean to offend intelligence as I'm sure you're aware of it but just want to point it out, is the mesh you're using MUST be stainless steel. I had difficulty finding any mesh at local vape shops and once I finally found some, I was eager and purchased a roll of VandyVape mesh and didn't notice it was kanthal. I wasted 30+ minutes fiddling with mod settings because it kept glowing red, before I realized the mesh was kanthal and not SS. You can set kanthal to 100C and it'll still burn every bit of spice with little effective vape, and certainly be unpleasant to inhale.

Best of luck!

So... I am actually one who is vaping, with a mod (and yes geekvape has great stuff), but am not using emesh hehe. For various reasons, I am unable to do so. That said, I presently use the Divine Tribe V4 crucible and have no intention of further hunting down emesh stuff. This thing works perfectly.

From what I've read in this many people do test their wattage in the way you have described.

I'm really glad that you are making so much progressSmile keep it up.

One love

Ps If you haven't hopped down the changa rabbit hole, I recommend doing so. Granted, I'm biased since I'm coming back from a changa journey presently lol.

artificer
#9 Posted : 6/16/2021 12:51:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
artificer wrote:

Best of luck!

So... I am actually one who is vaping, with a mod (and yes geekvape has great stuff), but am not using emesh hehe. For various reasons, I am unable to do so. That said, I presently use the Divine Tribe V4 crucible and have no intention of further hunting down emesh stuff. This thing works perfectly.

From what I've read in this many people do test their wattage in the way you have described.

I'm really glad that you are making so much progressSmile keep it up.

One love

Ps If you haven't hopped down the changa rabbit hole, I recommend doing so. Granted, I'm biased since I'm coming back from a changa journey presently lol.

I've not seen that Divine Tribe V4 yet, looks great, but you're a horrible influence VM Razz I will have to seek it out.

The changa is strictly a blend that's smoked, not vaped, correct? Or can you throw in a proper mixture in that V4 and call it changa vape?

I'm not at all against changa, however I'm not particularly drawn to it at this stage. Besides the support here, I'm on my own with this, and I'm overly aware of time it took to extract the spice that I have, so extra variables with different ROA other than vaping make me worry too much about wasting it, or requiring multiple tokes... although i guess the changa in a bonga would be one hit.

No Caapi leaves here - what do you think about mint leaves, harmine FB, & spice? It's overwhelming! So many things to try lol.

I just feel like it's easier to make proper observations of my personal sensitivity to spice via e-mesh, as it seems the most efficient, guaranteed one hit ROA.

BTW, a bit envious of your recent journey. hmmmm..... nope. not tonight lol....

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 6/16/2021 1:08:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mwahahahaha, I do what I can Love

I've heard of people vaping changa with various vaporizers commonly used with cannabis. I'm bad and straight smoke it in a bubbler.

And I understand your stance fully. It was the same for me for a while (being on one's own), but this forum changed that, with the engagement of other members. I'll always be as informative and helpful as I can, so feel free to reach out and I'll probably notice (I'm on here daily, even if I'm not posting anything).

I continue to use freebase as well as changa. It depends on my mood and what information looking for at the time. I like changa because I can scale up my experience as it's occurring, taking a few hits, letting it sit, and taking more, and then more, and will often find myself in a breakthrough experience. It also lasts so much longer, especially if continuing to smoke the changa. All the same, I can take one hard pull of a 50/50 blend and be completely in hyperspace. Having various options at the same time is nice.

And you don't have to have in caapi in there. I have a few blends presently: one is mullein, blue lotus, passionflower, harmalas (extracted from caapi), and DMT. My other one is marshmallow leaf, chaliponga, blue lotus, harmalas and DMT. I have on hand skullcap, white sage, calendula flower, Pau d'Arco and damiana. Of these I plan to make a blend I haven't before. This page from the wiki can provide further information on changa. There's a plethora of options and experiences to be had.

Give it a go when you're readySmile

One love

artificer
#11 Posted : 6/16/2021 1:26:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member