We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca had little effect Options

Stepharx
#1 Posted : 6/10/2021 12:26:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, i can't post in the ayahuasca forum, so i'll post here
last night i did an ayahuasca smoothie, i ate 2.5g syrian rue about 30 mins before drinking a blueberry smoothie with 4g of mimosa hostilis in it
it had very little effect, my pupils did get larger, but i had no noticable strong visuals. 3 hours later i re-dosed, but this time i just soaked the bark in hot tea and drank that
again, no visuals at all, i was slightly manic and slightly euphoric which was a bit annoying, but still no visuals

any ideas why? right now i'm trying to brew some aya in boiling water, going to do 2x boils and filters then reduce it. i've used 2.5g rue and 4g mimosa once again

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 6/10/2021 2:04:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's probably because digestion/absorption was slowed down due to the smoothie, also 2.5 grams of Rue is a little low, might try upping the Rue to 3 to 3.5 grams. 30 minutes to an hour apart is fine. Also because the gut MAO-A inhibition by the Harmalas is short lasting (about an hour and a half to two hours) you would need to redose the Harmalas if you want to redose the DMT. Also, how are you ingesting the Rue? Capsules, toss n' wash, tea? Just eating/chewing the Rue seeds isn't efficient, if you're gonna ingest the actual seed, you'll want to grind it into a fine powder using a coffee grinder and encapsulate the powder.

The way i used to do it when i first started out was taking the Rue seed powder in capsules, and then 30 minutes later take the Mimosa powder in capsules, it worked pretty well, but once i started using Mimosa/Acacia tea instead of capsules, i started to prefer the tea because it's lighter on the gut and absorbs better, although i freeze/thaw my bulk Mimosa/Acacia teas a few times to precipitate out the tannins and sediment, and then siphon the clean tea away from the tea at the bottom with the tannins and sediment. I've also made Mimosa/Acacia residue capsules, made by evaporating a dose of tea in a dish in front of a fan and scraping up the residue to put into capsules, worked pretty well too.

But 4 grams of Mimosa should be enough to feel some decent effects if properly activated, so i would say don't eat anything the day of or if you do then eat earlier on in the day, make sure you have an empty stomach when you take this stuff (haven't eaten for at least 4 to 6 hours), take the Rue caps, 30 minutes later take the Mimosa caps or tea (no smoothie), and give it about 30 minutes to an hour or so to really start kicking in, should work like a charm.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 6/10/2021 2:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Stepharx wrote:
Hi, i can't post in the ayahuasca forum, so i'll post here
last night i did an ayahuasca smoothie, i ate 2.5g syrian rue about 30 mins before drinking a blueberry smoothie with 4g of mimosa hostilis in it
it had very little effect, my pupils did get larger, but i had no noticable strong visuals. 3 hours later i re-dosed, but this time i just soaked the bark in hot tea and drank that
again, no visuals at all, i was slightly manic and slightly euphoric which was a bit annoying, but still no visuals

any ideas why? right now i'm trying to brew some aya in boiling water, going to do 2x boils and filters then reduce it. i've used 2.5g rue and 4g mimosa once again

Hello friend.

This would probably have gone into the pharmahuasca section, just a heads up. It would be Aya if you were using caapi instead of rue.

For your quandary, I'd say add more rue and perhaps bump up your mimosa. You may not have enough beta-carbolines in your system to deactivate enough MAO and some of the DMT may be getting destroyed before it enters your bloodstream. 4g mimosa equals about 40mg DMT. You may need a little more for stronger effects. I just sublingually administered 30mg and it too was pretty mild, though very pleasant.

The experience is going to be of a different flavor and order than from smoalking.

I have yet to try this out, but you may find it useful .

Hope this helps Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Stepharx
#4 Posted : 6/10/2021 4:20:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
It's probably because digestion/absorption was slowed down due to the smoothie, also 2.5 grams of Rue is a little low, might try upping the Rue to 3 to 3.5 grams. 30 minutes to an hour apart is fine. Also because the gut MAO-A inhibition by the Harmalas is short lasting (about an hour and a half to two hours) you would need to redose the Harmalas if you want to redose the DMT. Also, how are you ingesting the Rue? Capsules, toss n' wash, tea? Just eating/chewing the Rue seeds isn't efficient, if you're gonna ingest the actual seed, you'll want to grind it into a fine powder using a coffee grinder and encapsulate the powder.

they are ground up, toss and wash. also the re-dose wasnt in a smoothie, just in camomile tea... it tasted pretty crap

Quote:
For your quandary, I'd say add more rue and perhaps bump up your mimosa. You may not have enough beta-carbolines in your system to deactivate enough MAO and some of the DMT may be getting destroyed before it enters your bloodstream. 4g mimosa equals about 40mg DMT. You may need a little more for stronger effects. I just sublingually administered 30mg and it too was pretty mild, though very pleasant.

from extractions, my mimosa contains closer to 2% dmt

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 6/10/2021 7:01:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could try soaking the grounded rue seeds and mhrb in lemon juice for 10-15 minutes to help ingestion. Tastes horrible but has been very effective for me.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/10/2021 2:27:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
You could try soaking the grounded rue seeds and mhrb in lemon juice for 10-15 minutes to help ingestion. Tastes horrible but has been very effective for me.

Bahahaha my hyperlink is your lemon tek post! Same wavelength

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 6/10/2021 3:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

One love

Nice 🙂

One more thing. I have found that sometimes the hyperspace doesn't open up, if you resist it mentally or are too anxious to enter it. Harmalas will work regardless of your mental state, so if you want to make sure you experience something you can up the dose, but then you have to be prepared for the nausea.
My preferred method:

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 6/10/2021 4:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

One love

Nice 🙂

One more thing. I have found that sometimes the hyperspace doesn't open up, if you resist it mentally or are too anxious to enter it. Harmalas will work regardless of your mental state, so if you want to make sure you experience something you can up the dose, but then you have to be prepared for the nausea.

Hmmmm very interesting. I have some experimentation to do. THH doesn't precipitate any nausea for me, neither does rue tea. It's when DMT is added that my stomach starts getting funky.

One love

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 6/10/2021 5:34:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

One love

Nice 🙂

Hmmmm very interesting. I have some experimentation to do. THH doesn't precipitate any nausea for me, neither does rue tea. It's when DMT is added that my stomach starts getting funky.

One love
Yes, this is how I experience it too. However, if I take massive dose of harmalas, even a little DMT causes purging. If I take just a little of harmalas I may need to up the dose of DMT if I want a full blown psychedelic experience. Adding more DMT doesn't seem to increase nausea very much compared to adding more harmalas.
My preferred method:

bismillah
#10 Posted : 6/10/2021 5:47:56 PM

My Personalized Tag

Imo the dose is low. For me minimum is like 3.5-4g rue and 6g mimosa.

Consider that the DMT in the bark is spread over a 30 minute come-up and a 1 to 2 hour total duration. You need more than if you were to smoke it.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 6/10/2021 6:08:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this your experience with all ROAs or just orally? I've been purging even with freebase DMT. Granted, it seems prudent to consider I often have harmalas in my system since I drink rue tea nightly.

One love

Tomtegubbe
#12 Posted : 6/10/2021 9:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Is this your experience with all ROAs or just orally? I've been purging even with freebase DMT. Granted, it seems prudent to consider I often have harmalas in my system since I drink rue tea nightly.

One love

I never get nausea from vaping DMT. I might have quite a strong stomach though.
My preferred method: