We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can any kind souls help me reconstruct my old limonene and FASW tek? Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 6/3/2021 7:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are no explicit outlines for this in any of the wikis, and my old posts (over 10 years ago) on the subject seem to be gone? I would be so appreciative if anyone could help me cobble out the fine details of how to do this properly again, and we could stick it in the wiki after I road test if it's good. The wikis only detail FASA.

The appeal of limonene and FASW has always been that I SUCK AT CHEMISTRY and this is the least toxic option.

I also had my recipe stored on a hard drive on a broken laptop (the screen was literally broken in half). I dragged this stupid laptop with me across several moves and held onto it for all these years because it contained my tek. I excavated the hard drive today, only to find that however I named the file - I hid it from myself - hid it so well - it's going to be faster if I figure out how to do this again from scratch. Very happy

From memory:

Step 1) soak the bark in limonene. Is there a specific limonene : bark ratio? I think it had to soak for a minimum of 24 hours between pulls, but remember letting it soak for up to a week and stirring occasionally?

Step 2) I somehow pulled the bark, and used a glass pipette to siphon the layer off the bottom. This must have been with the FASW? How much fumaric acid to water? Is this step temperature sensitive?

I also remember rolling an HDPE container at some point - something about emulsions. Avoiding them maybe?

Is this overall process at this point soak, add FASW, shake, let separate, pull, collect in something HDPE, repeat until it's time to evap all the pulls?

I remember doing at least 3 pulls. Is 4 overkill?

This left me with pink crystals that smelled like sweet tarts. I used a dehydrator to evaporate - would the water from the pulls be evapped off at this stage?

Then I remember mixing sodium carbonate to freebase. Does it have to be anhydrous? I think it was?

How much sodium carbonate : fumarate? I think I stirred it together and it bubbled?

This left me with red goo. I made the red goo wet with isopropyl (do you have to use 99%, or will 91% suffice?), drizzled it over my leaves of choice and evapped again.

If I remember correctly - fumarates always weighed about 30% more than freebase, and this method gave me 2%+ yield, even when I wasn't using powdered bark.

Can anyone please help me fill in the holes? I spent most of yesterday tearing apart the forums for FASW posts, but it's all FASI and FASA. I do not want to use acetone, and I am DEFINITELY not getting involved with lye.

Then I'll type up the final version and save it here for posterity. Smile

Huge thank you to anyone who takes the time to help. Love My soul needs medicine time, and the solstice is coming up.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shroombee
#2 Posted : 6/3/2021 8:40:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once the tek appears to be reconstructed, I will do some runs to help verify. I have 3+ gallons of food grade limonene I was going to use for mescaline extraction, until Loveall's ethyl acetate tek came along. Same with you, I don't care to work with lye at this point in my life.

BTW, did you come across this thread in your search (Nontoxic Extraction Q&A):

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8443

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 6/4/2021 12:41:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh my god, you found it. Time capsule. Biggest thank you from the bottom of my heart Love

I basically did everything where the rainbow text is and it worked like a charm. Got crazy yields every time. All the measurements for everything are in there.

I worked with mimosa, limonene and lime (69 Ron's tek). Never bothered with the French press and it still worked perfectly. I used water to clean the fumaric acid and evapped on the lowest setting on my dehydrator (95F, Bufoman's tek)). Then added sodium carbonate, mixed, and dehydrated again (Jorkest's tek).

Are there any risks from any leftover sodium carbonate, fumaric acid, limonene? Or is this a non issue? Covid thrashed my lungs. They are better now, but I haven't smoked anything for over a year, and would like to be kind to them with as clean a product as possible.

I couldn't find this in my own post history for some reason Rolling eyes Thanks again

shroombee
#4 Posted : 6/4/2021 1:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Oh my god, you found it. Time capsule. Biggest thank you from the bottom of my heart Love

You're welcome!

Google search: "site:dmt-nexus.me ms_manic_minxx limonene FASW" Smile

For finding your hard drive file, assuming the contents aren't encrypted, you can try a desktop search application like copernic (or something similar for Mac). These apps usually have a 30 day trial.

Someone more knowledgeable than me can probably answer your question regarding the risks.

Did you consider q21q21's lime/vinegar tek followed by lime/heptane/freezer to convert to freebase? Or do you want a totally food safe procedure?

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 6/4/2021 2:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eww, Google. Laughing I'd rather stay completely food safe. Murphy's Law.

I never got that chem degree. Maybe next lifetime.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/6/2021 10:46:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Duckduckgo search: "site:dmt-nexus.me ms_manic_minxx limonene FASW" i.e. exactly the same but the results might not be optimised in order. The non-toxic tek comes up sixth.

Once one has a large enough post history it becomes difficult to find anything using the FSE - often it just breaks. It has certainly caused me difficulties on occasion. The lack of date-range controls has been particularly frustrating at times. Still, it did teach me flexibility of thinking.

In theory, someone of your standing should be able to download the whole of your post history directly.

If you're considering vaping DMT with damaged lungs it would be best to repeat an acid/base/alcohol sequence to remove traces of limonene. You would use only the exact amounts of acid and base required. The other reaction product - sodium fumarate - would also be left behind, especially if you use 100% IPA. Sodium fumarate is only poorly soluble in water and even less soluble in isopropanol.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli