We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Long-term use of psychedelic drugs is associated with differences in brain structure and ...&q Options

murklan
#1 Posted : 6/1/2021 11:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps this is no news on the nexus, but I didn't know about the study:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25637267/

2015 Jan 16.
"Long-term use of psychedelic drugs is associated with differences in brain structure and personality in humans "

Wonder how much of that effect is from the Caapi (MAPI/harmalas) or the DMT? Or the combination? Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/3/2021 3:07:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I read that article fairly recently too.

If the link isn't in this monster of a thread then it was posted somewhere round here before. Unless it came up in my PubMed suggestions Confused

Definitely interesting though. The effects of the components of caapi plus DMT are pretty diverse.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

murklan
#3 Posted : 6/4/2021 11:05:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, yes that was something to dive into. Thanks for that!

Yes I think that the combination of substances and effects makes a big difference.

I want to start a thread discussing experiences of people what has been using DMT and/or harmalas for a longer time. See what or if they have similar physical feelings. I have experienced peculiar feelings in the nerves in my head/skull since starting with DMT/Harmalas. That could be connected with the use.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 6/4/2021 9:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

So, pretty much, we should all SMOALK MOAR. Lol

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 6/6/2021 5:59:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:

Love

One love

Maybe, although there are those of us who might choose to DRIANK(?) MOAR instead. Or as well.

I'd say harmalas have made their contribution to changing how I feel about myself, even if that was on top of more than two decades of varying levels of mushroom use. We'll see if they make me any less of an idiot and I must admit here that there's now no way of knowing how my mind might have shaped up had I not taken what amounts to, when listed, a whole party pack of moooostly psychedelic drewgz thru the ages.

Frankly, I hope this stuff patches up a few of the holes for a while.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/6/2021 6:09:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Love

One love

Maybe, although there are those of us who might choose to DRIANK(?) MOAR instead. Or as well.

I'd say harmalas have made their contribution to changing how I feel about myself, even if that was on top of more than two decades of varying levels of mushroom use. We'll see if they make me any less of an idiot and I must admit here that there's now no way of knowing how my mind might have shaped up had I not taken what amounts to, when listed, a whole party pack of moooostly psychedelic drewgz thru the ages.

Frankly, I hope this stuff patches up a few of the holes for a while.

How about "ingoast moar?"Love that way we cover all of our bases lol.

For some knowledge points, a time machine would be required Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Matoskah
#7 Posted : 6/15/2021 10:38:32 PM

White bear

It's very logical and indeed interesting; our brains are made to adapt and they do so by creating new patterns. You could compare using drugs to most thing, like learning a language. We familiar ourselves with the substances and we steadily start to adapt to their effects to the point where we feel like we "know them" just like we'd learn and get to know a new language.

In severe cases people can fall into depressions because of changes in our neurotransmitters that causes us to produce less of our own natural product since the body has adapted to a higher than normal level. When we get to hot, we sweat because the body attempts to return to a normal temperature. When we take drugs, we flood our body with higher levels of dopamine etc. which causes a response, the body itself starts to produce less of them.

In my experience all long term use leads up to problems sooner or later. I used to be a avid cannabis user up til one day when I got my first kid and stopped using drugs all together. I had some major mood swings around that time, disturbance in sleep, difficulties falling a sleep etc. I felt great once I got back to my old self and I now treat cannabis like I treat aya/dmt.

With aya/dmt I've never been a long term user but a seasonal one every 3-5th year or so and that works really well. It's a complete reset by the time I delve into the abyss again. It's what works for me and I really enjoy it.

Cannabis was much more habitual because of how good it made me feel in all aspects of life until I started to realize how much it had changed me along the way. When my son was born I knew that I wanted him to know the real me. I didn't want to be the stoner dad.

Food for thought, be safe ,travelers.

murklan
#8 Posted : 6/16/2021 12:51:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Matoskah wrote:
Food for thought, be safe ,travelers.

Thank you, good read. Glad that you shared your experiences.
Stay aware.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 6/24/2021 9:39:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ava69 wrote:
One thing I dislike about all these studies, is they all focus on the 5-ht2a receptor too much, when in actuallity, it's the 3 adrenal receptors that mescaline and DMT all target way stronger. Mescaline does not even target the 5-ht2a at all, despite the false saying on wikipedia.
The activity of mescaline at 5-HT2a receptors has at least been inferred from its cross tolerance with both psilocin and LSD-25. This cross-tolerance is occurring because of the down-regulation of the 5-HT2a receptors. I'd still love to see a definitive study of the receptorome profile of mescaline in humans, of course. Some sources even mention activity of mescaline at the imidazoline receptors. It would be a lengthy study, but selective blockade of each of the receptor types in question should be examined for its effect on the mescaline experience. We do know that ketanserin and a spiperone analogue (Ismaiel, A. M., De Los, A. J., Teitler, M., Ingher, S., & Glennon, R. A. (1993). Antagonism of 1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane stimulus with a newly identified 5-HT 2 - versus 5-HT 1C -selective antagonist. J Med Chem 36, 2519 – 2525.) selectively block 5-HT2a and abolish stimulus discrimination in rats, though.

When it comes to ayahuasca and brain changes, it should be clear that there's more going on than just 5-HT2a mediated action, I'll agree.

murklan
#10 Posted : 6/25/2021 9:16:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew this was the right place to post it Smile Great responses, knowledge and curiosity!
The sharing and explorations continues.