We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
question regarding DMT oxide and salts Options

titus
#1 Posted : 6/4/2021 9:18:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, this might be a bit of a dumb question, bear with me...

When salts are dissolved in water, they disassociate into their constituent ions, correct? (for example, sodium chloride disassociate into Na+ and Cl). I assume that this is what happens with, say, DMT citrate, with the salt disassociating into DMT and a citrate ion. Therefore, why does adding a base to a solution of DMT oxide not allow for freebase DMT to be extracted with a NPS, just like any other DMT salt? (because DMT oxide is just a salt with an oxide ion, right?)

Any insights into this would be much appreciated Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 6/4/2021 11:11:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i think in simple terms in the case of nacl the water molecules are capble of pulling the ions apart but in the case of oxidized stuff the force holding them is stronger and water alone cannot pull it so you need a molecule that can do that like zinc in the case of DMT oxide
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Loveall
#3 Posted : 6/4/2021 11:11:26 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

DMT-N-OXIDE is not an ionic salt like NaCl. As I understand it, the oxygen forms a covalent bond with the nitrogen.

This bond is polar (because of the electronegativity difference between nitrogen and oxygen), that is why DMT-N-OXIDE won't dissolve in non-polar solvents and behaves more like a salt when it comes to solubility.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

titus
#4 Posted : 6/4/2021 1:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
DMT-N-OXIDE is not an ionic salt like NaCl. As I understand it, the oxygen forms a covalent bond with the nitrogen.

This bond is polar (because of the electronegativity difference between nitrogen and oxygen), that is why DMT-N-OXIDE won't dissolve in non-polar solvents and behaves more like a salt when it comes to solubility.

Thank you, that explains it!