We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Blue lotus as a narcotic Options

Fruit is life
#1 Posted : 5/3/2021 11:34:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amongst many ancient "ressurection" rituals, a narcotic is consumed alongside an entheogen, egyptians seemed to have used blue lotus, whereas the eleusis mystery possibly used a distillation of ergot, ethylene gas also has been used amongst many narcotic plants, so, I am wondering if anybody here has personal experience combining Blue lotus with any classical hallucinogen and would care to share their experiences?
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/4/2021 2:38:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I often take blue lotus extract prior to disembarking, and almost always have it in a changa blend.

I find it extremely calming and increases my receptivity, opening me up. I find it helpful in mitigating preflight jitters.

I only have effects on the subtler side; relaxed, balanced, a little weird that's hard to describe but viewed (by me) as a benefit. At some point I want to try taking more extract to see what heavier effects are like. If positive, then will probably try a higher dose prior to blasting off as well.

You can steep the leaves to make tea, but it's pretty awful in taste imo.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fruit is life
#3 Posted : 5/4/2021 6:01:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! I have used it as a 10:1 extract at 1g dose, which produces a subtle but strong relaxation and lucid dissasosciation, but it dampened my sensitivity towards harmalas and Tryptamines considerably, I don't see many other reports suggesting a decrease in sensitivity, maybe I have to try it again, when I eat some mushrooms with harmalas and 1g of the lotus extract I'll report back.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 5/4/2021 6:17:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
Thanks! I have used it as a 10:1 extract at 1g dose, which produces a subtle but strong relaxation and lucid dissasosciation, but it dampened my sensitivity towards harmalas and Tryptamines considerably, I don't see many other reports suggesting a decrease in sensitivity, maybe I have to try it again, when I eat some mushrooms with harmalas and 1g of the lotus extract I'll report back.

That's very interesting. I wonder what biochemical mechanism are are play in conjunction with blue lotus extract that diminishes your experience.

I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes. How much mushroom do you plan to take and what kind?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fruit is life
#5 Posted : 5/4/2021 10:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Possibly downregulation as one of the alkaloids in Lotus works on the cannabinoid system indirectly, I would also like to know though... And I will take 2.5g of freshly dried cubes with 100mg harmalas, I know how that is normally so will be easy to tell how Lotus effects me with that.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 5/5/2021 1:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
Possibly downregulation as one of the alkaloids in Lotus works on the cannabinoid system indirectly, I would also like to know though... And I will take 2.5g of freshly dried cubes with 100mg harmalas, I know how that is normally so will be easy to tell how Lotus effects me with that.

When do you plan on taking your experimental journey? Seeing as I have plenty of mushrooms and some fresh harmalas and plenty of blue lotus extract, I may join you... from a distance and in spirit of courseSmile

One love

Fruit is life
#7 Posted : 5/26/2021 10:32:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry void I forgot to report back! I ended up taking 1g of 10:1 lotus extract and then a lemon tea out of 3g of cubes, the lotus added a distinct feeling of "distance" it was as if I was watching the experience from 3rd person, it removed much of the fear and anxiety during the come up, but it was still a little uncomfortable. I think I prefer psilocybin without the Influence of the lotus flower, I vaporized some cannabis on the comedown and layed down outside and looked into the stars, so special.. You can't be an astronomer without Tryptamines in your brain..I'm sure of that!

BobDobbs
#8 Posted : 5/27/2021 9:47:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was with some friends who where passing a long pipe around the fire one night... It was a Cannabis smoking blend with Blue Lotus and I forget what else. As a rule I don't smoke Cannabis but this was not a night for rules and I was also taking the opportunity to increase my tolerance for inhaling smoke. I held one modest inhale for a little while and could feel the Cannabis tickle in the background but I also noticed that if I kept my eyes closed I could tune in to very light visuals - like watching a TV with low contrast and brightness... It was a very pleasant and dreamy experience but I remained quite aware of my surroundings during the night. Anyway, thank you for the reminder to acquire some of my own Blue Lotus.

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 5/28/2021 12:59:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
Sorry void I forgot to report back! I ended up taking 1g of 10:1 lotus extract and then a lemon tea out of 3g of cubes, the lotus added a distinct feeling of "distance" it was as if I was watching the experience from 3rd person, it removed much of the fear and anxiety during the come up, but it was still a little uncomfortable. I think I prefer psilocybin without the Influence of the lotus flower, I vaporized some cannabis on the comedown and layed down outside and looked into the stars, so special.. You can't be an astronomer without Tryptamines in your brain..I'm sure of that!

That ending is one I've dove into myself. I love the sky. One time, while on 5g (I think, can't remember for sure) I was outside staring at the sky, where the clouds were swirling in front of the moon. At one point they opened and radiant lunar energy poured over me so heavily I fell to my knees. Then I closed my eyes, and there some very vivid and interesting visuals there...

Have you thought about trying maybe .5g of blue lotus instead? I think I'd enjoy the third person perspective experience.

One love

Fruit is life
#10 Posted : 5/29/2021 9:16:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Fruit is life wrote:

That ending is one I've dove into myself. I love the sky. One time, while on 5g (I think, can't remember for sure) I was outside staring at the sky, where the clouds were swirling in front of the moon. At one point they opened and radiant lunar energy poured over me so heavily I fell to my knees. Then I closed my eyes, and there some very vivid and interesting visuals there...

Have you thought about trying maybe .5g of blue lotus instead? I think I'd enjoy the third person perspective experience.

One love

I will have to try less, I think its good with higher doses, with vaporized DMT I imagine it would be great...I'll try that. I really enjoy blue lotus as a substitute for cannabis when my environment lends well to dissasoscation as it's more lucid then cannabis but similar in its relaxing quality, without the potential for lethargy and laziness cannabis often imparts on me...

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 5/30/2021 2:55:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As I smoke more DMT I find that I am smoking cannabis and concentrates less. I hadn't really considered smoking it [blue lotus] alone. I'd like to be more relaxed but still productive. I do still take in a fair amount of CBD, but find that more or less as you've described in your experience with blue lotus. This has given me an idea to experiment with smoking blends that have no DMT just to see what kinds of effects can be garnered.

One love