We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Celebrate CACTUS DAY this Sunday !!! Options

JefFlux
#1 Posted : 5/17/2021 1:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A reminder that The Australian Psychedelic Society- Sydney's Cactus Day in honour of Aldous Huxley's seminal Doors of Perception experience is coming up on Sunday May 23rd at 1:00-4:00pm at Giant Dwarf Theatre on Cleveland St.

This will be a day devoted to learning about the psychedelic Cactus-specifically San Pedro/Huachuma this year. We will be screening the Aubrey Marcus film Huachuma, having a discussion with Mescaline author and anthropologist Mike Jay and a cactus growing workshop from one of our Shaman Australis elders.

There will also be spot door prizes and a raffle draw for the chance to take home some amazing specimens of cactus.

http://www.giantdwarf.com.au/events/APS/
JefFlux attached the following image(s):
Cactus Day copy.png (1,185kb) downloaded 60 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamanisticVibes
#2 Posted : 5/18/2021 10:15:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is great stuff! I am from the states, so I will not be able to attend, but I have recently come to the understanding that the legalities of these cacti are less...."wishy washy"... in Australia as opposed to the USA? I recently tried to join the Corroborree with little success; it seems that I am stuck in some limbo where I need the approval of an admin to be a full member. Which I do not have an issue with earning my place, but it does not seem to have a welcome area like we have here, so I am at a loss on how to proceed. My key interest is "strains" of cacti. I have noticed that many people have done cross breeding. Whether this breeding is done to increase alkaloid content, or for some of the really amazing looks that these cacti get. I have done a very small amount of Cannabis breeding. Admittedly with varying degrees of success, but I thought that would be an interesting side project for an already ongoing project of mine. Is there anywhere that you would recommend for more information on the subject? I am sure a google search would show me something, but it is always nice to get another opinion that is true blue human, as opposed to just going where the algorithms send me Big grin

Thanks, and have a blessed week!
May we continue to be blessed

JefFlux
#3 Posted : 5/19/2021 8:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ShamanisticVibes,

I just saw a post the other day from the Corroboree admin, stating that he was about to start sorting through the huge backlog of applications to join, so hang in there he'll get to you soon enough.

People cross-breed cacti for a lot of reasons and a lot of it is mere curiosity to see what new forms will emerge- and why not when they're all putting out seed and the process is not too complicated but I think there would be some bred for potency too. Tricho Serious botany is a good site, also trichocereus.net and cactiguide.com and the huge array of Facebook Tricho pages and groups out there now. Next year though hopefully some psychedelic societies overseas will begin to recognise cactus Day and start to celebrate it too Smile

cheers,

Flux

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/19/2021 6:11:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
hopefully some psychedelic societies overseas will begin to recognise cactus Day and start to celebrate it too
This notion receives my wholehearted support. It would be great to see Cactus Day being a worldwide celebration.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamanisticVibes
#5 Posted : 5/19/2021 6:52:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
hopefully some psychedelic societies overseas will begin to recognise cactus Day and start to celebrate it too
This notion receives my wholehearted support. It would be great to see Cactus Day being a worldwide celebration.

Seconded! I would love to see it gain the sort of headway that 4/20 did for cannabis. Of course it has mellowed quite a bit now with all of the legalization, but I remember 20 years ago 4/20 was a huge thing not just at the larger gatherings, but seemed like every park you went to in some states had a small gathering going on. Something like that would be amazing to do with cacti as well.

Also, thanks JefFlux for all the information. Now, I have research to do.

JefFlux
#6 Posted : 5/21/2021 10:33:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well you'll be pleased to know there's now a WORLD PSYCHEDELIC DAY !

https://worldpsychedelicsday.org/about-6-20/

This will now sit alongside 9/20 Mushroom Day (a very Northern Hemispheric date) https://920coalition.org/

and of course, Bicycle Day https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/bicycle-day/

we have National Wattle Day in Australia, which of course we will make Acacia Day and celebrate it with a day on acacia sourced DMT

and now Cactus Day too Smile

ShamanisticVibes
#7 Posted : 5/21/2021 4:44:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Love Yay! It looks like the festivities are in Vancouver? Dang Canadians get to have all the fun!

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 5/23/2021 11:34:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How did it go?

I celebrated by repotting a large (ok, large enough on a domestic scale but a tiddler compared to wild plants) terscheckii specimen - there'll be a little pictorial of that soon with a few tips on handling such a vicious beast beast with a minimum of puncture wounds Smile
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
08bare upright.JPG (4,750kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli