We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Low yields MHRB A/B Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 5/19/2021 8:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends!

swiarpadnm(Some one who isnt a real person and definetly not me hhh Smile) is in the middle of the extraction right now for the first time with mhrb, untill now always used ACRB with not much problems.

the acidic boiling (with distilled water) seems really viscus so the liquid sits to rest a night on the fridge, let the sticky stuff to settle and siphon off only the clear water(leaving the muddi/sticky part in the jar). then base, nps, pull...you know.
the thought behind it was that the stirrer can do the job insteed of shaking with nps after basing but it still was difficult to the stirrer, and also for less emulsion to be formed.

anyway its seems like 3 grams max from 1k (in the middle of re-x and cleaning stage)...the MHRB was deep purple looking good so the bark is probably potent.

should swiarpadnm mix the sludgi sticky mud with some water and bomb it with lots of base(run out of NaOH so hoping that KOH will work the same) and pull with nps or it will formed horrible emulsion?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 5/19/2021 9:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried stb extraction with mhrb? Never had any problems with emulsion.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Fractalus
#3 Posted : 5/21/2021 9:24:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what i read in the nexus STB can result in much more emulsion because its not just extracted water but also contained fine MHRB particles

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/21/2021 9:51:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The sludge that precipitated in the fridge overnight is largely tannins and there may well be alkaloids trapped in there. Smack it with some base and see what comes out.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bisy
#5 Posted : 5/21/2021 9:56:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it possible that potenct is a seasonal thing? or possibly something more foreboding, like accesability to the more concentrated parts of the bark is diminishing due to unsustainable harvesting? im flirting with sourcing here, but if your vendor was listed in a phone book, would it be on page one? dont go too far with that question, but it might shed some light.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Bisy
#6 Posted : 5/21/2021 10:00:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is the first post ive read that didnt praise mhrb as being easier to work with than acrb..

Bisy
#7 Posted : 5/21/2021 10:07:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The sludge that precipitated in the fridge overnight is largely tannins and there may well be alkaloids trapped in there. Smack it with some base and see what comes out.

highly educational, must watch! all questions answered....Shocked

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 5/21/2021 10:39:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bisy wrote:
is it possible that potenct is a seasonal thing? or possibly something more foreboding, like accesability to the more concentrated parts of the bark is diminishing due to unsustainable harvesting? im flirting with sourcing here, but if your vendor was listed in a phone book, would it be on page one? dont go too far with that question, but it might shed some light.

Shulgin states in TIHKAL that time of year definitely plays a role in alkaloid content. There were some other factors related to alkaloid content before harvesting any plant, but I'm a bit too tired to presently recall or to walk across my room and grab the book and scan for the answerBig grin

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bisy
#9 Posted : 5/22/2021 12:40:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Bisy wrote:

Shulgin states in TIHKAL that time of year definitely plays a role in alkaloid content. There were some other factors related to alkaloid content before harvesting any plant, but I'm a bit too tired to presently recall or to walk across my room and grab the book and scan for the answerBig grin

One love

its very generous of you to consider it, but i wouldnt expect you to do the work for me. i was kinda generalizing. howevwe, can you recall weather or not it was THIS time of year?

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 5/22/2021 12:33:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
Bisy wrote:

One love

I've had a flick through the relevant chapters ("DMT is everywhere" and "Hoasca vs. Ayahuasca", and the DMT entry in part 2) of TIHKaL and was unable to find anything pertaining to the seasonal variations in alkaloid content of MHRB.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fractalus
#11 Posted : 6/1/2021 4:32:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My hebal medicine teacher said alkaloids in general are most consentreted in the root just before the first rain in the fall season, there is always the out of the general like curcuma longa which is harvested in MAY. i live in the middle-east so its might not be a general rule for people who live in more tropical/colder places.

when the extraction continued the result will be post off course Smile

Fractalus
#12 Posted : 6/5/2021 5:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero you were right...their isnt significant amount of alkaloids remain in the sludge...

DeltaSpice
#13 Posted : 6/15/2021 11:02:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to produce amazing crystals and lots of it.
Over the years my yields have gone down and i have tried everything possible to fix this.

My only conclusion must be that it ain't what it used to be.

3g from a kg , if it is clean and pure to an extent .That sounds good to me Smile