We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lost a lot of spice in re-x Options

Drug Lord Shoob
#1 Posted : 5/14/2021 3:49:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was my first time doing a re-x so I might be making a simple mistake, but I can't find that many posts about re-x yield loss so I thought I would create one here.

I had a glass measuring cylinder with about 465mg of mostly white spice with some light yellow in there as well. I added around 15ml of clean warm heptane (around 47 celsius) and stirred around until it was dissolved, I let the layer of goo form at the bottom then I poured the heptane into a glass , I then added another 5ml of heptane to the cylinder and poured that into the jar with the rest.
I did a slow FP going from the fridge to the freezer, I got some pretty crystals but overall I lost about 240mg.

Was 15ml too much? How can I recover leftovers from the goo?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 5/14/2021 2:46:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Let's assume your initial spice was not dirty/contaminated (like carried over base) then the goo is your spice, only in goo form, so nothing is lost Thumbs up
What were you thinking the goo would be? Honey? Smile

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 5/15/2021 2:04:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hopefully this will provide you with some further information

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Drug Lord Shoob
#4 Posted : 5/15/2021 4:24:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Hi,
Let's assume your initial spice was not dirty/contaminated (like carried over base) then the goo is your spice, only in goo form, so nothing is lost Thumbs up
What were you thinking the goo would be? Honey? Smile

I thought a re-x was only meant to separate mostly plant fats and lye, not half my DMT. Besides I can't use that goo in my vape cart because it will create blockages in the atomiser, that's the reason I did a re-x.

Jozeh
#5 Posted : 5/15/2021 1:59:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless you already used NPS saturated with DMT. There will be a portion left in the NPS. You could evap the NPS to check this, yielding a dirtier fraction than the RE-x, save this for cleanup later, or just save this partially saturated NPS for use later cleanups/pulls.

Jees
#6 Posted : 5/15/2021 5:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drug Lord Shoob wrote:
I thought a re-x was only meant to separate mostly plant fats and lye, not half my DMT. Besides I can't use that goo in my vape cart because it will create blockages in the atomiser, that's the reason I did a re-x.
Re-X: forget about impurities and fats to discard, it's a hoax. One can decant away from carried over base very easily before the freeze, no need to re-x for that. For peace of mind you can do a carbonated water wash before freezing (elevated pH water wash due a tiny pinch of sodium carbonate), that would catch all of potential residual lye. Separate and discard the water phase.

Understandably goo isn't the most handiest. Someone had trouble with oils after re-x a while ago, and was able to solve it, I hope you might be able to repeat the success.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=96362