We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dmt High With Harmala Alkaloids Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 5/10/2021 2:02:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for some of you who are new to DMT...You may find this interesting....and posibly helpfull..

The Dmt High With Harmala Alkaloids
Last Updated on Sat, 01 May 2021 | Psychedelics Guide
Harmala alkaloids potentiate DMT, not only in intensity and duration, but also in content and quality. The Harmala alkaloids also make DMT orally active, this being the method by which DMT is traditionally consumed in the Ayahuasca brews of the Amazon region. I have only recently begun experimenting with ingested DMT, and these experiences are described later in the chapter DMT ~ Water Spirit. The Harmala alkaloids also intensify smoked DMT, and I have described this method of administration below.

Prior to smoking or ingesting the DMT one should wait until they are feeling the effects of the Harmala alkaloids. This will prevent the DMT from being metabolized prematurely. (See chapter on Harmala alkaloids.) Harmala only slightly intensifies 5-MeO-DMT. Therefore, one still needs to smoke 5 mg. or so to get a powerful high. It does, however, prolong the normally 2-3 minute peak to 10-20 minutes, with the total experience lasting between 40 minutes and two hours.

N,N-DMT is significantly intensified by Harmala. Smoking 1520 mg. of N,N-DMT while on Harmala will produce an experience as intense as smoking 40 mg. of N,N-DMT by itself. This is especially useful because it's difficult to smoke 40 mg. of harsh tasting DMT. Harmala will also extend the N,N-DMT experience to about 30 to 40 minutes total.

The high of both types of DMT while on Harmala is a much slower process. I don't feel "blown out of my mind" quite so quickly. The focus of the experience becomes personally involved, rather than the feeling that I'm a voyager in some alien realm. I tend to experience an increased awareness of my mind, body, and subtle energy. I often feel that my body and Being are "embraced" by an ancient earth spirit. And this earth spirit is instructing me to become aware of, and open up, many lines of communication that exist between my mind, body and the extemal world. In combination with Harmala the DMT high does not "disappear," leaving me suddenly back in normal reality. I have more time to absorb the experience and make it a part of me.

The combination of 5-MeO-DMT and Harmala produces the most powerful experience I have ever felt. This tends to be both physically and mentally overwhelming. I've had some good journeys with this combination but I've also become violently nauseous and experienced extreme discomfort, and I've witnessed other people go through sheer misery. One friend who ingested 5-MeO + Harmala felt he had entered into an ill-intentioned pact with a spirit, and while trying to fight his way out of the pact, went into convulsions and bit the inside of his mouth. Since there is such a high percentage of intensely unpleasant experiences with this combination I've recently reverted to taking 5-MeO-DMT alone, and most acquaintances of mine who've used this combination have done likewise.

Some users feel that the DMT high is "warbly" in combination with Harmala and lacks the "Diamond Consciousness" of DMT alone. Since Harmala slows the onset of 5-MeO-DMT so drastically, I've found that I lose much of the brilliance that can be experienced using 5-MeO-DMT alone. However, I don't find that Harmala produces any degradation of the N.N. DMT experience. N,N-DMT is like a rocket to another dimension, with or without the Harmala alkaloids.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/11/2021 12:55:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure many will find this helpful who are new to both DMT and harmalas.

What specific harmala are you using? Just curious.

What are your thoughts on changa? Personally, I love it and is presently my favorite route of administration. I am using harmala from caapi, so harmine if I'm not mistaken (and perhaps some tetrohydroharmine also). I've been drinking rue tea lately (harmaline) and intend on drinking some, waiting 20 minutes and then blasting off to see what that's like (it may have been a variable in last night's journey). But harmala, with or without DMT, I find valuable.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

starway7
#3 Posted : 5/11/2021 9:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure many will find this helpful who are new to both DMT and harmalas.

What specific harmala are you using? Just curious.....[usually rue tea before NN spice] and i find the Direct E mesh method before rue ..quite effective!

What are your thoughts on changa? Personally, I love it and is presently my favorite route of administration. I am using harmala from caapi, so harmine if I'm not mistaken (and perhaps some tetrohydroharmine also). I've been drinking rue tea lately (harmaline) and intend on drinking some, waiting 20 minutes and then blasting off to see what that's like (it may have been a variable in last night's journey). But harmala, with or without DMT, I find valuable.

One love

Changa is great but i dont care for much... [combusted smoke]... in my lungs]

If changa can be had by vaporization i consider that safer for a persons health]

I origonally regerstered on nexus back in 2012...and witnessed many reports on the use of dmt...

But after a while a ...[certain amount]... of pro straight dmt users....in time decided.. that dmt is too fast and unforgiving of a come up that was often hard to remember details....and being blasted out of a cannon isnt that enjoyable for everyone...

Then many ...[but not all] switched to the ..[rue before dmt aproach].. and found the slower come up.. and trip ..is more easy to navagate through... and recall more of the experiance when back to baseline...

I still would like to experiance a clean breakthrough with straight dmt ..atleast once ...but i think with [NN DMT] its also posible with a reversable MAO like rue or caapi...to break through and remember more of the experiance...

And i think the direct E mesh method is a plus ...when used 40 minutes to an hour after some rue tea!...but thats just my humble opinion/....

Brennendes Wasser
#4 Posted : 5/12/2021 5:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
Smoking 1520 mg. of N,N-DMT while on Harmala will produce an experience as intense as smoking 40 mg. of N,N-DMT by itself.

I guess you mean

15-20 mg

not

1520 mg

Big grin Big grin

And also in my opinion: Just eat the Harmalas prior and you are good to go for the whole session! No thoughts wasted while vaporizing the valuable component.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/12/2021 7:42:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quoted D.M. Turner (R.I.P.)

Somebody borrowed my copy of that book (The Essential Psychedelic Guide) and never returned it. If you're out there, please get in touch.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 5/14/2021 1:43:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

starway7 wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

What specific harmala are you using? Just curious.....[usually rue tea before NN spice] and i find the Direct E mesh method before rue ..quite effective!

One love

Changa is great but i dont care for much... [combusted smoke]... in my lungs]

If changa can be had by vaporization i consider that safer for a persons health]

I origonally regerstered on nexus back in 2012...and witnessed many reports on the use of dmt...

But after a while a ...[certain amount]... of pro straight dmt users....in time decided.. that dmt is too fast and unforgiving of a come up that was often hard to remember details....and being blasted out of a cannon isnt that enjoyable for everyone...

Then many ...[but not all] switched to the ..[rue before dmt aproach].. and found the slower come up.. and trip ..is more easy to navagate through... and recall more of the experiance when back to baseline...

I still would like to experiance a clean breakthrough with straight dmt ..atleast once ...but i think with [NN DMT] its also posible with a reversable MAO like rue or caapi...to break through and remember more of the experiance...

And i think the direct E mesh method is a plus ...when used 40 minutes to an hour after some rue tea!...but thats just my humble opinion/....

Wanted to wait to respond until I had an experience with rue harmalas specifically and DMT.

It was pretty amazing. Drank 3g roasted and boiled rue seeds, waited 20-30 minutes, then took off on 15mg. Was more than expected (to be expected), but highly pleasant and therapeutic (purge included). Lasted a good long while.

Do you think if I had waited longer after drinking the tea there would have been more effect from the harmala?

Somehow in one of my posts prior there is somehow a misprint of something I don't recall typing so am assuming was somehow not deleted (if someone else was being quoted), or accidentally pasted in. That said, this has been my first time drinking rue and they journeying, and I am using the Divine Crossing Version 4 Crucible Cup Rebuildable Concentrate Heater on my mod (I haven't been able to do the e-mesh yet), which is very effective.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽