We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1-Benzylpsilocin and psilocin benzoate? Options

someblackguy
#1 Posted : 5/12/2021 12:59:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1-Benzylpsilocin and psilocin benzoate

Erspamer, V. (1961) Recent research in the field of 5-hydroxytryptamine and related indolealkylamines In Jucker, E. Fortschritte der Arzneimittelforschung/Progress in drug research (Vol. 3). Basel: Birkhäuser.

[p. 266] “The most interesting of these compounds are: N,N-dimethyltryptarnine, N,N-diethyltryptamine, N,N-dipropyltryptamine, N,N-dibutyltryptamine, N,N-dibutyl-5-methoxytryptamine, N,N-dibutyl-5-HT, 5-methoxy-β-methyl-tryptamine and β-hydroxy-bufotenine. Starting from the observation that psilocin and also psilocybin, like bufotenine and N,N-dimethyltryptamine, show definite antagonistic action towards 5-HT, Cerletti et al. [249]† succeeded in preparing psilocin derivatives which manifest anti-5-HT action [antagonism] **considerably greater than that possessed by the parent substance**. 1-Benzylpsilocin and psilocin benzoate, for example, have 10 and 18%, respectively, of the antagonistic potency of LSD.”

†[249] A. CERLETTI, Atti 2° Simp. Centro Cefalee Firenze 1960, pp. 27-59. http://books.google.com/books?id=TJr5BwAAQBAJ

[Note: I came across this outdated text when I was researching nicotine salts. The benzoate salts of nicotine, currently used in certain brand name e-cigarettes, are claimed in a patent, filed in 2013 (link below), to have a significantly increased drug effect. This description of the benzoate salts of substituted tryptamines presented here are an artifact for historical/trivia interest only (as opposed to any valid scientific/pharmacological value). The claims of psilocin derivatives “which manifest anti-5-HT action considerably greater than that possessed by the parent substance” are not necessarily accurate or even applicable to increased potency—nor is there any specific safety information I could find in regards to “psilocin benzoate”.

That said, **it would be interesting to learn more about the underlying claims of increased activity of benzoate salts in general**.

Nicotine levels in plasma after vaping e-liquid, as discussed in the patent, and central 5-HT2A receptor action by psilocin/-cybin from oral ingestion are not just “apples and oranges”—there should be no direct analogy there (i.e. apples and lightbulbs).]

•United States Patent Application Publication – Bowen et al.
– Pub. No.: US2015/0020824A1
– Pub. Date: Jan. 22, 2015
NICOTINE SALT FORMULATIONS FOR AEROSOL DEVICES AND METHODS THEREOF
Applicant: Ploom, Inc., San Francisco, CA (US) [...]
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION: [...] Studies on the transfer efficiency of freebase nicotine and nicotine salts are complex and have yielded unpredictable results. [...]
It has also been unexpectedly discovered herein that certain nicotine salt formulations provide greater satisfaction than other nicotine salt formulations, and such effect has been shown in blood plasma levels of example nicotine salt formulations herein[...]
EXAMPLES: Nicotine benzoate salt formulation: 0.15g benzoic acid was added to a beaker followed by adding 0.2g [freebase] nicotine to the same beaker. The mixture was stirred at 55°C for 20 minutes until benzoic acid was completely dissolved and an orange oily mixture was formed.” http://bit.ly/2uK8Niv

Should this information be interpreted in terms of psilocybin mushroom preparation methods? If so, how?
Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoing—but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
“Where is your master? Where is he?”
Mig shâ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 5/12/2021 3:27:54 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Extract with methanol first, add benzoic acid; heat in a water bath @ 40C, stir for about 40-50 min. decant/evap the mother liquor, recrystallize with boiling 2:8 acetone:hexane.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#3 Posted : 5/12/2021 10:10:39 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
Extract with methanol first, add benzoic acid; heat in a water bath @ 40C, stir for about 40-50 min. decant/evap the mother liquor, recrystallize with boiling 2:8 acetone:hexane.

Do we know if this would result in 1-Benzylpsilocin and/or psilocin benzoate? I assume psilocybin is dephosphorylated and converted also? Is evaporation OK in the atmosphere (any polymerization/oxidation) concerns? Are we expecting the product to be 10x more potent than psilocybin? Have you tested this process Benz?

Thanks for any answers.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

benzyme
#4 Posted : 5/12/2021 6:18:30 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I had not. The temp chosen was a suggestion; two factors are missing... the pKas of the phosphoryl group, and benzoic acid. Also stoichiometric masses (depends on the content of the material). Oxidation shouldn't be much of an issue with a
benzoate salt.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/12/2021 10:21:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Do we know if this would result in 1-Benzylpsilocin and/or psilocin benzoate?
Maybe 1-benzoyl (but not 1-benzyl-)psilocin and psilocin benzoate ester are what you have in mind, but neither of those would result from benzyme's outline method. As stated above, it would result in the benzoate salt. Preparation of the 1-benzyl compound or the benzoate ester (4-benzoyloxy-DMT) would require reagents beyond the scope of typically permitted synthesis discussion here - i.e. dangerous and/or watched materials.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

someblackguy
#6 Posted : 5/13/2021 4:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am looking for the original reference (A. Cerletti… 1960) . Here is a link to another (possibly the same?) study by Cerletti in 1960. It mentions the 1-benzyl substituted compound and the benzoic acid ester of psilocin.
Cerletti (1960)
Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoing—but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
“Where is your master? Where is he?”
Mig shâ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

Vegeta28
#7 Posted : 10/30/2022 9:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_
#8 Posted : 10/31/2022 1:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So psilocin benzoate, tartrate and succinate should be the go to acids.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#9 Posted : 10/31/2022 3:02:08 AM

❤️‍🔥

_Trip_ wrote:
So psilocin benzoate, tartrate and succinate should be the go to acids.

Yeah, benzoic sounds good in particular.

Free base psilocin should go into ethyl acetate, then add benzoic powder?

I would like to try dry ground mushrooms, make a paste with vinegar, heat to 70C (to convert psilocybin to psilocin), add ethyl acetate, free base with baking powder (or baking soda if that's not strong enough), decant/filter EA, fridge rest (?), and salt with benzoic.

Would be interesting work if someone has not tried it yet. A wash with EA before free basing could be useful if there is a lot of soluble mushroom gunkin EA.

This would be simply a version of CIELO for mushrooms. No idea if it would work.

_Trip_
#10 Posted : 10/31/2022 4:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I agree wasn't there something about ascorbic instead of vinegar in one paper?

I can probably give this ago in a week or so.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#11 Posted : 10/31/2022 6:53:05 AM

❤️‍🔥

_Trip_ wrote:
Yeah I agree wasn't there something about ascorbic instead of vinegar in one paper?

I can probably give this ago in a week or so.

I don't recall. I guess ascorbic could protect psilocin during basing?

Also, Calcium Carbonate may be worth testing. Need a gentle pH that is barely strong enough to make the molecule mostly neutral without oxydation.

Vegeta28
#12 Posted : 11/1/2022 6:26:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think at ph 8 the psilocin dont migrate all, an excces of sodium bicarbonate(i think this helps for emulsions to) and then rise the ph to 9.5 with NaOH work well for me, i use a vinegar that comes with metabisulfite for preserve, but i think the vinegar grabs more junks. I will test Ascorbic acid with metabisulfite for the polar phase, and bubble nitrogen in the moment when apply the base doing all with stir and not in a funnel, and will try to do all under nitrogen or argon after the base. Change the solvent, i always use dithyl ether, and i think EA is better. Salt with Tartaric was a succes, i will try do the same with Benzoic Acid.

Love

Loveall
#13 Posted : 11/2/2022 2:52:06 AM

❤️‍🔥

Vegeta28 wrote:
I think at ph 8 the psilocin dont migrate all, an excces of sodium bicarbonate(i think this helps for emulsions to) and then rise the ph to 9.5 with NaOH work well for me, i use a vinegar that comes with metabisulfite for preserve, but i think the vinegar grabs more junks. I will test Ascorbic acid with metabisulfite for the polar phase, and bubble nitrogen in the moment when apply the base doing all with stir and not in a funnel, and will try to do all under nitrogen or argon after the base. Change the solvent, i always use dithyl ether, and i think EA is better. Salt with Tartaric was a succes, i will try do the same with Benzoic Acid.

Love

Ok, but NaOH may be tricky to get right/not too high pH. Calcium carbonate in excess may be just right/easy, but I'm only speculating.

Vegeta28
#14 Posted : 11/2/2022 7:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont tricky if we have a digital probe PH. The history for me at hi ph is scavenger the oxigen from the polar phase and try to do in inert atmosphere. I need to harvest pan cyans for this, fresh pan cyans have a lot of psilocin and have less volume, i always do like this. Cubensis fresh is better to for yields.

Love

Loveall
#15 Posted : 11/2/2022 11:35:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

Vegeta28 wrote:
Dont tricky if we have a digital probe PH. The history for me at hi ph is scavenger the oxigen from the polar phase and try to do in inert atmosphere. I need to harvest pan cyans for this, fresh pan cyans have a lot of psilocin and have less volume, i always do like this. Cubensis fresh is better to for yields.

Love

Sounds good. Best of luck!