We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3334353637NEXT
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

Th3_tRuTh
#681 Posted : 3/16/2021 12:43:49 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Anyone here using a DNA 75c mod? If so, would you mind sharing your current setup and settings?

Please and thank you.

I just ordered a Dovpo Mono SQ because the Geekvape Aegis Solo I have has had some major issues.

UPDATE: I rebuilt my rig using the fitted mesh method with #120 mesh. 60w, TCR set to 130, 200c, and vaped 15mg achieving an experience equal to what I would expect with that dose. I am going to bump the TCR up to 140 and shoot for a BT this evening. Then when the new mod arrives, I will use the same settings to see if there is any difference and continue to make minor adjustments to the TCR as needed.

UPDATE: I recently purchased a Dovpo Mono SQ. It's a DNA 75c device. The Evolv chipset is incredible. The mod is a bit pricey and most will probably not be interested in spending the money on it, especially those who are using something like the Aegis Solo and not experiencing any issues. However, anyone who has had issues getting this method to work consistently may want to check this out. It requires a free software called Escribe to customize and setup profiles but you can literally build your themes and profiles from the ground up. If you are familiar with TCR settings (a must if you are using the fitted mesh or the long strip methods), then you can use Escribe to build your own profile by customizing the TCR settings in Escribe. All I did was build a profile for 304 stainless with a TCR of 140, set the temp to 392f (200c). The temp control and ramp time on this thing are perfect. I don't have to prefire it, and it vapes the dose perfectly. I was super nervous at first because I had no idea how much variance there would be between the two devices but once I got the theme and the profile built, I didn't have to change anything or tinker with it, it just worked. Flawlessly. Highly recommend!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Woolmer
#682 Posted : 4/6/2021 8:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm having some issues with my vape. I bought a USV-L second hand but the VO chipset will not allow me to fire with the small amount of liquid (dmt) loaded onto the mesh. It often says the coil is dry and refuses to fire. If it ever does fire it does a terrible job at maintaining temperature. As soon as I inhale it seems to lose all power. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the chipset or something else I am not figuring out.

To note I am using SS316 300 micron mesh and wotofo profile 1.5

Loveall
#683 Posted : 4/6/2021 10:01:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Woolmer wrote:
I'm having some issues with my vape. I bought a USV-L second hand but the VO chipset will not allow me to fire with the small amount of liquid (dmt) loaded onto the mesh. It often says the coil is dry and refuses to fire. If it ever does fire it does a terrible job at maintaining temperature. As soon as I inhale it seems to lose all power. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the chipset or something else I am not figuring out.

To note I am using SS316 300 micron mesh and wotofo profile 1.5

Are you using the mesh that came with the wotofo profile? I had similar issues intermittently cutting my own mesh, but never with the stock mesh.

Do you make/load liquid DMT? Are you using 96% ethanol? Thanks.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Woolmer
#684 Posted : 4/7/2021 7:16:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I am using my own mesh that I cut myself. Perhaps I should try the stock mesh.

I did not mean that I am using a liquid. I just meant that due to the usual dosage of dmt the goo that I load is such a small amount compared to what is normally vaped when vaping e-liquids that possibly this is the reason the chip does not pick it up.

Loveall
#685 Posted : 4/7/2021 9:33:00 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Woolmer wrote:
No, I am using my own mesh that I cut myself. Perhaps I should try the stock mesh.

I did not mean that I am using a liquid. I just meant that due to the usual dosage of dmt the goo that I load is such a small amount compared to what is normally vaped when vaping e-liquids that possibly this is the reason the chip does not pick it up.

Ok. You may be right about the mod possibly being confused. I would test the stock mesh, if it behaves like your cut mesh that may be the case. Or you can try fiddling with the settings, maybe try fixed wattage (starting low like at 5W). I've played around with fixed wattage (aegis legend) and it seemed to work (tested just our to curiosity, I still use TC by default).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Woolmer
#686 Posted : 4/30/2021 11:37:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think my issue is due to the software of the device as it is mentioned in some reviews that the device does a very good job at preventing dry hits, so I suppose perhaps too good of a job for vaping dmt Neutral

Does anyone know if it is possible to download an alternate software to this mod? I understand these do exist but seem to be specific to certain mods.

starway7
#687 Posted : 5/10/2021 12:55:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My second attempt... with direct e mesh this time using an acurate 15mgs spice.. weighed this time!

My 75 watt JOYTCH eVIC VTC mini waterpipe..[with wotofo atomizer] 205c 35.5 watts/... vaped the 15mgs very quickly within 3 seconds after fireing the white vapor rose out of the water and i slowly inhaled almost all of it and held it in for 7 seconds...

I imeadiatly felt a sudden change in body perception as my hands and arms felt as if they were struck by lightning ..as my hands and arms felt distorted as if they were only half their size and length...?

[is this a sudden rush or blood pressure shift?] does this happen to others on a low 15mg dose?

Any way this time my body felt as if a coat was put on me and i had minor movement on the walls and ceiling not much visuals this time...? but the 15 mgs was a low dose and i didnt really expect much visuals...

My first attempt [posted on nexus] was more visual but it was an un weighed dose... posibly a little higher than 15 mgs...

I did galgle with some weak rue tea this time first but dont think it had a big effect..had i drank some rue tea first ..[untill i could feel the rue working]... the 15mgs posibly would have made the experiance more visual and colorful..

I never have tryed much with the dmt blast off method ..and found rue first can make a huge difference...

I guess this also depends on dmt purity!

starway7
#688 Posted : 5/10/2021 1:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my first attempt using direct E mesh vaping went like this.....

Vaped many times using rue first..but this is first direct e mesh experiance..
my first try at direct e mesh vaping.....[before the post above..]

The dose i used was not weighed ..thats fine... because i was fairly shure it was a low dose on first try..
there was no black out ..i was to remember exhaling and carefully setting down the pipe...

I did swish a little concintrated rue tea sublingualy for a few minutes before vapeing ..

The vapor from my mini water pipe was tasteless!.. and very cool and smooth..it didnt come on super fast at first ..but the come up wasnt slow either...

It may have been slowed a little from the sublingual rue tea i took first..but i was comming up faster by the minute..[i also ate a peice of Ghirardelli [intense dark chocolate] 92 percent cacao]
before i vaped...

I remember this beautyfull gentle smooth buzz all over my body as i layed down..but i didnt see much open eye visuals ...and just a minor amount of closed eye visuals...

This was a small..[unweighed] first dose.. but i did get most of the white tastless vapor inside me..
Then with my eyes closed... i suddenly experianced a short.. but beautyfully vivid personal experiance of sudenly rideing in a fast boat cutting across the waves..

It was double hulled like a [catamaran] i think...

I remember feeling water spraying across my face as i was standing and holding on to something.. in one side of the double hulled craft!

It either had a powerfull motor ..or using sail power..it was really crashing over the waves!

It was like High definition tv!..only i was taking part in the scene! not just looking at the screen..

For a very small dose of spice...it gave me a short but powerfull experiance!

I think i was laying there about 30 minutes...the sublingual rue tea dose i took.. was small and not that strong ..but may have caused my come up to get very smooth and gentle..

I wasnt in elf land or a cosmic carnivle but this was a very small un weighed dose..

You can see the amount on my e mesh in picture below...somehow after taking photo it looked like molten gold sitting on the mesh!

starway7
#689 Posted : 5/10/2021 1:27:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my first attempt using direct E mesh vaping went like this.....

Vaped many times using rue first..but this is first direct e mesh experiance..
my first try at direct e mesh vaping.....[before the post above..]

The dose i used was not weighed ..thats fine... because i was fairly shure it was a low dose on first try..
there was no black out ..i was to remember exhaling and carefully setting down the pipe...

I did swish a little concintrated rue tea sublingualy for a few minutes before vapeing ..

The vapor from my mini water pipe was tasteless!.. and very cool and smooth..it didnt come on super fast at first ..but the come up wasnt slow either...

It may have been slowed a little from the sublingual rue tea i took first..but i was comming up faster by the minute..[i also ate a peice of Ghirardelli [intense dark chocolate] 92 percent cacao]
before i vaped...

I remember this beautyfull gentle smooth buzz all over my body as i layed down..but i didnt see much open eye visuals ...and just a minor amount of closed eye visuals...

This was a small..[unweighed] first dose.. but i did get most of the white tastless vapor inside me..
Then with my eyes closed... i suddenly experianced a short.. but beautyfully vivid personal experiance of sudenly rideing in a fast boat cutting across the waves..

It was double hulled like a [catamaran] i think...

I remember feeling water spraying across my face as i was standing and holding on to something.. in one side of the double hulled craft!

It either had a powerfull motor ..or using sail power..it was really crashing over the waves!

It was like High definition tv!..only i was taking part in the scene! not just looking at the screen..

For a very small dose of spice...it gave me a short but powerfull experiance!

I think i was laying there about 30 minutes...the sublingual rue tea dose i took.. was small and not that strong ..but may have caused my come up to get very smooth and gentle..

I wasnt in elf land or a cosmic carnivle but this was a very small un weighed dose..

You can see the amount on my e mesh in picture below...somehow after taking photo it looked like molten gold sitting on the mesh!

Woolmer
#690 Posted : 6/4/2021 5:26:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone use the vapor storm puma 200w? Seems a pretty inexpensive mod but wondering about it's TC capabilities.

I sold my USV-L mod because the VO chip was too finicky about the coils being "dry"

Th3_tRuTh
#691 Posted : 6/4/2021 5:57:38 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Woolmer wrote:
Anyone use the vapor storm puma 200w? Seems a pretty inexpensive mod but wondering about it's TC capabilities.

I sold my USV-L mod because the VO chip was too finicky about the coils being "dry"

I looked it up but it's hard to say. I worry about a 3 battery mod with such a low price tag. You definitely get what you pay for with this tech. I had a ton of issues with my Aegis Solo, but others swear by it and you can get those pretty cheap. I am currently using a DNA 75c mod that is just beautiful and works like a charm but was a bit pricey at about 150 USD.

Woolmer
#692 Posted : 6/5/2021 6:29:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Yea I'm also skeptical of the price.

Might get a vaporesso armour pro. Not bad price-wise and some good reviews on the TC.

A Single Step
#693 Posted : 6/11/2021 1:12:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
Anyone here using a DNA 75c mod? If so, would you mind sharing your current setup and settings?

Please and thank you.

I just ordered a Dovpo Mono SQ because the Geekvape Aegis Solo I have has had some major issues.

UPDATE: I rebuilt my rig using the fitted mesh method with #120 mesh. 60w, TCR set to 130, 200c, and vaped 15mg achieving an experience equal to what I would expect with that dose. I am going to bump the TCR up to 140 and shoot for a BT this evening. Then when the new mod arrives, I will use the same settings to see if there is any difference and continue to make minor adjustments to the TCR as needed.

UPDATE: I recently purchased a Dovpo Mono SQ. It's a DNA 75c device. The Evolv chipset is incredible. The mod is a bit pricey and most will probably not be interested in spending the money on it, especially those who are using something like the Aegis Solo and not experiencing any issues. However, anyone who has had issues getting this method to work consistently may want to check this out. It requires a free software called Escribe to customize and setup profiles but you can literally build your themes and profiles from the ground up. If you are familiar with TCR settings (a must if you are using the fitted mesh or the long strip methods), then you can use Escribe to build your own profile by customizing the TCR settings in Escribe. All I did was build a profile for 304 stainless with a TCR of 140, set the temp to 392f (200c). The temp control and ramp time on this thing are perfect. I don't have to prefire it, and it vapes the dose perfectly. I was super nervous at first because I had no idea how much variance there would be between the two devices but once I got the theme and the profile built, I didn't have to change anything or tinker with it, it just worked. Flawlessly. Highly recommend!

I gave up on the Aegis Solo / Profile setup after a final lung searing experience, despite following the advice of Minty Love and others. It's hard enough to muster the courage to embark on a journey without worrying if you may cause yourself lung injury. I just ordered a DOVPO Odin Mini DNA75C based on your rec. The Mono SQ is no longer available. Did you go into any other configurations other than the custom TCR? I noted you use a fitted mesh setup. How did you determine the TCR value? I am still using a platform type mesh configuration since my doses are still pretty low until I become confident in this ROA.

Th3_tRuTh
#694 Posted : 6/11/2021 12:41:42 PM

A Single Step wrote:

I gave up on the Aegis Solo / Profile setup after a final lung searing experience, despite following the advice of Minty Love and others. It's hard enough to muster the courage to embark on a journey without worrying if you may cause yourself lung injury. I just ordered a DOVPO Odin Mini DNA75C based on your rec. The Mono SQ is no longer available. Did you go into any other configurations other than the custom TCR? I noted you use a fitted mesh setup. How did you determine the TCR value? I am still using a platform type mesh configuration since my doses are still pretty low until I become confident in this ROA.

First of all, I recommend the fitted mesh method. The lower micron sheets are just easier to work with and probably hold their resistance better since there is less movement. The way I customized my box was by first starting with the visual stuff, downloading a theme and customizing it, then I changed all of the profiles so that they alternate between my "blast off" setup and wattage mode, then I removed all other material setups (they can always be added back later and you can always reset back to stock setting if you ever run into problems). Within escribe software, there is a tab where you can set the TCR and all of these steps I found very easily on their forum. There is also a feature in escribe that allows you to see the resistance in real time while you screw and unscrew the RDA so can see your resistance fluctuate. These features really help with getting the RDA tweaked and tightened to perfection. It may be a bit overwhelming at first glance, but it really is easy to work with once you look up a couple things on the forum. I am still using my profile 1.5 with mine and have not had any issues, but I did order a blue Mesh Pro knockoff from DHGate and hear those are really good after you clean them up and tighten them down. I still feel like the profile is perfectly fine, you just gotta clean and tighten it like you do these knockoffs. It's more of an assembly issue than a production issue with the Profile. Anyway, I hope this helps and I am happy to help further if needed. The DNA 75c is amazing. And I really like the one you got. That's the one with the skull on the firing button right?

MeanGreen
#695 Posted : 6/11/2021 3:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been a couple years since I visited hyperspace but my favorite roa was always using a regular RDA. The need for eliquid was always a downside to me though. I'm ordering a mesh atomizer asap, thanks for your work on this guys!

A Single Step
#696 Posted : 6/11/2021 5:35:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:

First of all, I recommend the fitted mesh method. The lower micron sheets are just easier to work with and probably hold their resistance better since there is less movement. The way I customized my box was by first starting with the visual stuff, downloading a theme and customizing it, then I changed all of the profiles so that they alternate between my "blast off" setup and wattage mode, then I removed all other material setups (they can always be added back later and you can always reset back to stock setting if you ever run into problems). Within escribe software, there is a tab where you can set the TCR and all of these steps I found very easily on their forum. There is also a feature in escribe that allows you to see the resistance in real time while you screw and unscrew the RDA so can see your resistance fluctuate. These features really help with getting the RDA tweaked and tightened to perfection. It may be a bit overwhelming at first glance, but it really is easy to work with once you look up a couple things on the forum. I am still using my profile 1.5 with mine and have not had any issues, but I did order a blue Mesh Pro knockoff from DHGate and hear those are really good after you clean them up and tighten them down. I still feel like the profile is perfectly fine, you just gotta clean and tighten it like you do these knockoffs. It's more of an assembly issue than a production issue with the Profile. Anyway, I hope this helps and I am happy to help further if needed. The DNA 75c is amazing. And I really like the one you got. That's the one with the skull on the firing button right?

Oh my yes, I just noticed the skull. Not sure I like it, but guess I'll frame it as the ego death button. Thanks for the feedback. I removed the terminal screws and mesh clamping jaws and cleaned all over with IPA. Did you disassemble further than that point to clean the internal components of your Profile RDA? I ordered several Vandy Vape knockoffs by Runvape on DHGate. My plan is to fabricate longer centerbodies (Aluminum tubes) to accommodate the long mesh. I thought it would be nice to have 3 doses melted in and ready to go -- just swap out the RDA for a second or third dose, or to administer to more than one person. There would be a separate profile for each RDA programmed in the DNA75C. How did you determine the TCR value of 140 for your mesh? Did you test with a thermocouple? I bought a used ExTech thermocouple meter on Ebay for cheap, and look forward to playing with it to calibrate and validate the setup.

Th3_tRuTh
#697 Posted : 6/11/2021 6:24:05 PM

A Single Step wrote:

Oh my yes, I just noticed the skull. Not sure I like it, but guess I'll frame it as the ego death button. Thanks for the feedback. I removed the terminal screws and mesh clamping jaws and cleaned all over with IPA. Did you disassemble further than that point to clean the internal components of your Profile RDA? I ordered several Vandy Vape knockoffs by Runvape on DHGate. My plan is to fabricate longer centerbodies (Aluminum tubes) to accommodate the long mesh. I thought it would be nice to have 3 doses melted in and ready to go -- just swap out the RDA for a second or third dose, or to administer to more than one person. There would be a separate profile for each RDA programmed in the DNA75C. How did you determine the TCR value of 140 for your mesh? Did you test with a thermocouple? I bought a used ExTech thermocouple meter on Ebay for cheap, and look forward to playing with it to calibrate and validate the setup.

Swapping them out on the DNA would probably work, definitely not on the solo or similar mods though. The DNA seems to read resistance in real time so there is no "new coil?" pop up. You definitely want to clean all the pieces well. Take out the screws and any easily removable connection parts, soak them in some kind of polish/cleaner, then WD-40. Also, yeah that's exactly what I thought when I saw the skull button lol. Looking forward to hear how it works out for you. Also, definitely try and get some lower micron sheet mesh and build your profile around the fitted mesh method. It really does seem to work better. It's easier to load too. I don't even take the top cap off my RDA, I just drop the spice right into the opening for the drip tip.

MuteUSO
#698 Posted : 7/30/2021 3:06:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

deleted (not relevant anymore and potentially confusing for others)

blue_velvet
#699 Posted : 9/20/2021 3:10:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Put together an emesh build:

Wotofo Profile 1.5
Lost Vape DNA60 mod
Sony Murata VTC6 batteries (2x)
Vandy Vape SS316L 150 mesh
Lingketech 810 glass drip tip

Cut the width down on a 3cm strip of mesh down to fit the Profile 1.5's contacts. Enabled the DNA60's stock SS316 profile which conveniently goes into TC mode and just works. Max wattage at 35w. Tested at 200 C with ~10-15 mg. Burnt spice, harsh. Intense, unpleasant experience. Backed it off to 190 C and loaded less than 10 mg. Still harsh, but had a much better time. Backed it off again to 175 C based on Brennendes Wasser's recommendation in this thread. Vapor was not harsh, only mildly irritating, and vaped clean off the mesh. My lungs are hit from the previous sessions, so I'm hanging it up for now, but will report back after more trials at 175 C.
blue_velvet attached the following image(s):
emesh02.jpg (2,810kb) downloaded 136 time(s).

Th3_tRuTh
#700 Posted : 9/20/2021 1:23:52 PM

blue_velvet wrote:
Put together an emesh build:

Wotofo Profile 1.5
Lost Vape DNA60 mod
Sony Murata VTC6 batteries (2x)
Vandy Vape SS316L 150 mesh
Lingketech 810 glass drip tip

Cut the width down on a 3cm strip of mesh down to fit the Profile 1.5's contacts. Enabled the DNA60's stock SS316 profile which conveniently goes into TC mode and just works. Max wattage at 35w. Tested at 200 C with ~10-15 mg. Burnt spice, harsh. Intense, unpleasant experience. Backed it off to 190 C and loaded less than 10 mg. Still harsh, but had a much better time. Backed it off again to 175 C based on Brennendes Wasser's recommendation in this thread. Vapor was not harsh, only mildly irritating, and vaped clean off the mesh. My lungs are hit from the previous sessions, so I'm hanging it up for now, but will report back after more trials at 175 C.

Very nice. I have a DNA 75c and I love it. I love how many useful tools are available in escribe for fine tuning the device. I am very much interested in how it works out for you and what you ultimately settle on for your settings.

«PREV3334353637NEXT