We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions about Acacia Acuminata Phyllodes - Struggling to find answers to these questions Options

Plantsareverynice
#1 Posted : 5/9/2021 5:48:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there all, I am looking at getting some shredded Acacia Acuminata phyllodes of the narrow variety, not the rootbark of phyllodes but just phyllodes.

I just have a few questions if anyone who has any knowledge on the topic would be kind enough to share. Have done my best to search but struggled to find specific answers to the following:

1. Effectiveness of phyllodes "raw"? Am wondering if anyone knows how effective they would be to just put in some gel caps as is (With a maoi taken beforehand of course). Not powdered or prepared in any way except for just shredded, Acacia Acuminata phyllodes.

2. If not able to be had raw in any way, does anyone know how they do in a simple tea like one would do for ACRB? Specifically how narrow phyllodes, "fresh", not powdered, not dry, but shredded, would do in a simple tea + rue combo? I'm assuming they'd do fine? (As a replacement to ACRB and prepared the same or similar way)

And the main question, what dosage one would recommend for narrow phyllodes if they can be taken as mentioned above? Via the capsules or tea respectively. When it comes to shredded phyllodes, not dried or powered or anything. Some kind of weight range for grams would be superb if anyone has an idea of how much one can use grams wise.

Thanks for any info! Been trying to find stuff out but hard to find specific information sometimes. Especially since I'm not looking at doing an extraction tek but trying to just take with a tea or capsules if possible.

Thanks for anyone who can tell me how reasonable my questions are/can answer my questions!

Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Plantsareverynice
#2 Posted : 5/11/2021 8:50:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any help? Even the slightest experience/reply would be appreciated

ThresholdExplorer
#3 Posted : 5/12/2021 3:09:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never tried DMT orally with an maoi however I recently tried a few extractions with shredded Acuminata phyllodes bought online. The result was very lack lustre and yield was abysmal. I think I got around 100mg from 100G of phyllodes on the first try.

I'm not sure swallowing capsuled shredded leaves will work very efficiently. It's probably worth taking the time to make a tea.

If I were planning this, having no oral DMT experience I would probably start with 50G of phyllodes boiled 2x for 40 mins in 200-250 ml of water each boil (enough to cover them and then allow room for some evaporation as it boils over the 40 mins). Let solids settle, strain and filter a few times through cotton to remove gunk / some tannins and reduce to a palatable amount of liquid. The filtering and letting solids settle is optional but from what I've read this really helps with potential nausea and helps prevent the liquid from going thick when reducing.

Then work my way up dosage wise from there.

I'd still wait for some more knowledgeable members to chime in on this one though. Strangely the smoked / vaped experiences from my Acuminata extract kind of felt like they already contained an MAOI of some kind. Very long and slow compared to other extracts that I've tried.

Northerner
#4 Posted : 5/13/2021 6:12:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phyllodes contain a hell of a lot of oils, chlorophyll and other junk. I would not eat that. Most bugs won't eat that stuff.

I've done extractions on AANP phyllodes and got ~0.5% yield, but to get there it's multiple defats and then a mini a/b before the first crystallization. As with many DMT containing plants the season and the time of day at harvest is critical in getting decent yields.

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Plantsareverynice
#5 Posted : 5/14/2021 5:31:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

5iver wrote:
I have never tried DMT orally with an maoi however I recently tried a few extractions with shredded Acuminata phyllodes bought online. The result was very lack lustre and yield was abysmal. I think I got around 100mg from 100G of phyllodes on the first try.

I'm not sure swallowing capsuled shredded leaves will work very efficiently. It's probably worth taking the time to make a tea.

If I were planning this, having no oral DMT experience I would probably start with 50G of phyllodes boiled 2x for 40 mins in 200-250 ml of water each boil (enough to cover them and then allow room for some evaporation as it boils over the 40 mins). Let solids settle, strain and filter a few times through cotton to remove gunk / some tannins and reduce to a palatable amount of liquid. The filtering and letting solids settle is optional but from what I've read this really helps with potential nausea and helps prevent the liquid from going thick when reducing.

Then work my way up dosage wise from there.

I'd still wait for some more knowledgeable members to chime in on this one though. Strangely the smoked / vaped experiences from my Acuminata extract kind of felt like they already contained an MAOI of some kind. Very long and slow compared to other extracts that I've tried.

Very interesting thanks. Yeah I sure hope some more experienced members could chime in on this. Might have to go for a tea though. Just don't have a very big kitchen so it's a bit troublesome doing preparations like this.

I wonder if you had broad phyllodes by the way? Since narrow are supposed to be a good yield generally

Northerner wrote:
Phyllodes contain a hell of a lot of oils, chlorophyll and other junk. I would not eat that. Most bugs won't eat that stuff.

I've done extractions on AANP phyllodes and got ~0.5% yield, but to get there it's multiple defats and then a mini a/b before the first crystallization. As with many DMT containing plants the season and the time of day at harvest is critical in getting decent yields.

Interesting. Fortunately narrow phyllodes are said to generally have an alright quantity generally. A shame I can't do a tek. Thanks for the reply though