We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What Happened To Bridgesii Cuttings? Options

Kash
#1 Posted : 4/2/2021 5:14:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Calling all cacti enthusiasts,

I know it has been a while since I have posted, I have been busy adulting... But I just did a search online tonight looking to pick up a new Bridgesii cactus for my patio, since I have in the past, BUT THERE ARE NO CUTTINGS TO BE FOUND!

It's not the end of the world since I can try to grow some pups, but does anyone know what happened? Why are good cacti cuttings no longer available online?

FYI Bridgesii are my favorite for their consistent high potency. Pleased
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 4/2/2021 5:35:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still see Bridgesii cuttings for sale on Reddit and the Facebook groups. But the prices can be very high. It seems like demand is just way up. Lots more people want the cuttings than what is available for sale online. Its been getting this way for awhile. But during the pandemic the interest and demand have increased even more.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Kash
#3 Posted : 4/2/2021 5:50:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man I wouldn't think the pandemic would affect availability of cacti cuttings... they are still growing regardless. I was thinking it was some government crackdown I missed?

But yeah could just be more demand like you say Grey Fox. Maybe more people staying at home wanting to get high or there are more people reading about the best psychedelic now, one of the two. Confused
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 4/2/2021 11:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the demand has seemed to grow in relation to the supply; the prices seem to be steadily going up over the past, well almost a decade I guess. There are new people selling them but it's hard to sort chaff from the green outer layer and lots of the prices are high... Sacred succulents has more or less stayed at a steady price (when you correct for inflation) but there turn around time has become absolutely ridiculous over the last couple years (I assume it's still the same or worse).

Honestly, if you're looking to invest in growing then i would say to opt for seeds. If not, how much bridgesii are you trying to buy? There were a few good sellers on eBay a year or so ago when I was still checking the markets. Again though, chaff and price etc.

Are you on sts?

ShamanisticVibes
#5 Posted : 4/2/2021 11:59:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not cuttings, but I have been getting a bunch of different cacti seeds, including brigesii from StrictlyMedicinalseeds, worldseedsupply, Iamshaman/shamansgarden. All have the seeds, which are not hard to grow. You just have to follow specific specs, and after day 1 you pretty much just wait. Maybe take the plastic off and spray twice a week, if that, but I am having great success with mixing my own custom soil w/ heavy perlite. My trichocerus macrogonus from strictlymedicinal is 90% successful. The other vendors were about 50%, with world seed coming in last at about 25%. Hope this helps
May we continue to be blessed

Ramma
#6 Posted : 4/3/2021 4:48:56 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

R.I.P JIIMZ Bridgesii

We were just having fun, we didnt know we were making memories 😢
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Grey Fox
#7 Posted : 4/3/2021 4:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think part of the reason that Bridgesii cuttings in particular are challenging to find is due to the growing recognition out there that Bridgesii is so consistently strong. If you're going to pay $40 for a 6 inch cutting then you might as well get the most bang for your buck. Seasonal availability is also part of it I think, as many growers harvest cuttings from their cacti at the end of the growing season in the fall.

One would hope that, as more and more cacti are grown, that more cuttings would become available at reasonable prices. But since so many are still relatively new to growing, and since demand is still so high from those justing getting into the hobby, it seems that the market is still a ways off from being flooded with affordable, high quality cuttings. Honestly it might take a long, long time to get there. Just have to wait and see. The good news is that once you get enough of your own plants growing then your personal supply will be set for life.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Ramma
#8 Posted : 4/4/2021 4:56:01 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

What is the main cause of good Bridgesii growing?
Stable living: houses with yards.
How do we make houses with yards more affordable for people?
We offer sub prime mortgages. 0 Money down? No problem!
We give these out like candy and sink the country into another recession
Enjoy the fruits of our labor by drinking Bridgesii under a bridge
Behold, a sower went out to sow

jamie
#9 Posted : 4/4/2021 3:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Here in Canada I can say it is mostly seeming to be due to the growing interest in these plants viewed as "legal highs", combined with increased media spotlight on them etc..and the budding legal weed and psychedelics markets. These combined have forced health canada to shut down some really nice shops that were around for a long time. Kratom is used in part as an excuse, as it is an issue of debate atm.

Stuff is still out there, but good luck finding much other than $$$seed. We had walk in shops full of trichs and salvia clones, mimosa trees etc..and now nothin like that that I know of.

I am glad I have been starting lots of seed every winter, as I have well over 100 potent trichs(most of it seed grown bridge) that have reached at least 1-3 feet and been divided etc.

Start now. You dont need much lol. I had at least 70 of them in a tiny basement right downtown in a big city before I moved to a better climate for them. I had no yard, only concrete steps outside my door to put them on, in a rainforest in Canada. They still grew, to full maturity. Then I moved them all 4 hours east in my car. Took a few trips but you dont need to be rich and own a house to grow trichs.

Grey Fox I think is right. Lot's of people have gardens that future generations will enjoy. I hope that this is peoples intent.

I wanted to get some other cuttings this year as well, but dont really need them either so started a bunch of tersch,peru and santaensis seed. Got some saguaros going as well.
Long live the unwoke.

Wolfnippletip
#10 Posted : 4/4/2021 4:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I'm in the market these days I'll watch Ebay until someone posts half a dozen listings for stouter than average cuttings (usually from Cali or Florida) and PM them with an offer for all of it at a reduced price.

That being said I still can't believe what I recently paid for a big chunk of Ogun. Shocked
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

urtica
#11 Posted : 4/4/2021 5:45:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ll send you a bridgesii cutting, Kash! PM me.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Tycelium
#12 Posted : 4/9/2021 4:55:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Cactus Jones sells a bunch of high quality cuttings, he posts new cacti every few days. It is mostly pachanoi crosses but there is a psychoO bridgesii cross on his website right now. Hope this finds you well, I have a bunch of seedlings popping now but they won't be ready for a while. I would also love a nice bridgesii cutting but I agree the prices are high right now.

Tycelium
#13 Posted : 4/9/2021 5:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want seedlings High Country Cactus is doing 10 small seedlings for $55 shipped. I got some and they sent an extra which was nice. All are crosses and labeled accurately but they may have bridgesii seedlings or specific strains if you message them.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#14 Posted : 5/4/2021 10:51:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If anyone lives near Escalon, California or knows someone who does the Cactus Kate farm is having a sale.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

wearepeople
#15 Posted : 5/7/2021 9:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Man I wouldn't think the pandemic would affect availability of cacti cuttings... they are still growing regardless. I was thinking it was some government crackdown I missed?

But yeah could just be more demand like you say Grey Fox. Maybe more people staying at home wanting to get high or there are more people reading about the best psychedelic now, one of the two. Confused

It has nothing to do with the pandemic.

The community around cacti shifted over the past 5 years. Something in 2017 happened where -- all of a sudden -- trichocereus became very collectable. It's changed the shape of the game in a lot of ways.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

BeJake
#16 Posted : 5/8/2021 1:00:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trichocereus cuttings are very easy to find if you search a little better and don't try to get the mainstream clones. There are a lot of emergent grower that do also new cross, even with new and almost unknown genetics.

wearepeople
#17 Posted : 5/9/2021 3:39:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BeJake wrote:
don't try to get the mainstream clones.

^this^

a bridgesii is a bridgesii is a bridgesii
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Kash
#18 Posted : 5/21/2021 3:09:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:
R.I.P JIIMZ Bridgesii

We were just having fun, we didnt know we were making memories 😢

OMG JIIMZ *cry* that is where I found my beloved Bri. Luckily she is still growing strong... In three different pots now. About to be 4 and 5 in a few weeks. Smile

I am sorry I am not as active as I used to be, but I really appreciate all of the cacti loving members that have reached out. For now I will continue propagating from what I have sown!

Kash
#19 Posted : 5/21/2021 3:30:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Here in Canada I can say it is mostly seeming to be due to the growing interest in these plants viewed as "legal highs", combined with increased media spotlight on them etc..and the budding legal weed and psychedelics markets. These combined have forced health canada to shut down some really nice shops that were around for a long time. Kratom is used in part as an excuse, as it is an issue of debate atm.

Stuff is still out there, but good luck finding much other than $$$seed. We had walk in shops full of trichs and salvia clones, mimosa trees etc..and now nothin like that that I know of.

I am glad I have been starting lots of seed every winter, as I have well over 100 potent trichs(most of it seed grown bridge) that have reached at least 1-3 feet and been divided etc.

Start now. You dont need much lol. I had at least 70 of them in a tiny basement right downtown in a big city before I moved to a better climate for them. I had no yard, only concrete steps outside my door to put them on, in a rainforest in Canada. They still grew, to full maturity. Then I moved them all 4 hours east in my car. Took a few trips but you dont need to be rich and own a house to grow trichs.

Grey Fox I think is right. Lot's of people have gardens that future generations will enjoy. I hope that this is peoples intent.

I wanted to get some other cuttings this year as well, but dont really need them either so started a bunch of tersch,peru and santaensis seed. Got some saguaros going as well.

And yeah you are totally right Jamie. Every serious psychonaught should really start propogating seeds, and I think I will do just when I get some free time. As long as you have a green thumb, there is really no reason not to. Thumbs up

Kash
#20 Posted : 5/21/2021 3:39:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wearepeople wrote:
Kash wrote:

It has nothing to do with the pandemic.

The community around cacti shifted over the past 5 years. Something in 2017 happened where -- all of a sudden -- trichocereus became very collectable. It's changed the shape of the game in a lot of ways.

This must be it. Between demand, people being shut down, and the pandemic...

It was a ONE-TWO-THREE punch KO. And now there are very few sources to find the best cacti there is... ACHUMA the pinnacle of all cacti... unless you are in the know. Even then if you are lucky, you pay 3X as much as 5 years ago. Crazy.