We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I tried to make dmt 2 times and failed miserably help pls Options

AlexAches
#1 Posted : 5/8/2021 4:34:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Im new to the nexus Im 21 years old and after some horrible side effects to my smell and taste . and two failed attempts at making dmt I just wanted to share my experience and try to get some answers.

So like I said I tried making dmt with the nomans tek method but I live in Spain so I couldnt get Naphtha VM&P.
In this page (https://thepsychedelicscientist.com/dmt-extraction/) it said if unavailable, 40-60 Petroleum Ether can be used, so I bought that along with Lye (sodium hydroxide) and mimosa hostilis. I did everything as instructed in the hidden wiki , the nomans tek you have in the nexus and a few hard to find simple youtube tutorials like this one(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdLXjpalUL0&t=1s) for better reference in some parts like the tip end over end and the time spans , I used the quantities of the no mans tek since they are a little different I thought that was more trust worthy. Anyway after the process and after the ether evaporated the two times I did it there was left a bunch of cristals, the fisrt time more yellow than the second time (probably because the first time I put the jar in a vessel with warm water like the youtube tutorial something with the fats of the plant Ive heard but I dont know), thats the only differnce between the two times I did it along with the type of mimosa I used .The weird thing is that the crystals looked fine the procees I followed especially the second time was exactly as instructed in the no mansk tek but when I tried to smoke the finish product it didnt do anything absolutely anything.
So for some context, Im in a very bad economic situation right now and I cant afford any more mistakes literally, so even tho I have some mimosa left and all the things to try it again I want to focus on helping me and my family in other ways because even tho I more or less know what dmt can do for a person, after all the (make the house smell like death for 2 weeks even with proper ventilation witch is weird because the first time that didnt happen, and make my taste and smell mixed with the same death smell week after the smell disappeared from the house to this day without any sign of leaving my nose or in whatever place it is) and the fact that this takes a lot of time I just want focus on my work even tho I will definitely do this in the future.
I just wanted to post this to get at least some type of closure or answer of what I did wrong because The steps seem very straight forward so I dont know( I guess it has to do with the 40-60 Petroleum Ether just because is the only obvious difference but again I dont know).

Since my father is depressed and suic.. depressed that is why I went to such lenghts to get dmt with such little resources time and knoloedge about the real chemical process I dont see the dmt as a ultimate solution to everything I just know that it could have been helpfull if it had worked but it didnt, so any response will be greatly apreciated and thanks for reading all this stuff.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bisy
#2 Posted : 5/8/2021 8:29:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i can appreciate where your mind is at, first thing of urgent attention though is that by posting your source, youve broken one of the forums very crucial rules. so please learn more about that before posting again.. dont be discouraged by the criticism though, just be more mindful please.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/8/2021 9:54:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Welcome Alex and sorry to hear of your desperate situation.

Firstly I'll echo what Bisy says and ask you to edit your post to remove the sourcing references. This is expressly against the Rules.

Now, on to a couple of points that sprang to mind.

Are you currently using any form of medication? Certain types can stop DMT from having any effect.

If not, your vaporizing technique might need improving. There's a knack to it which needs to be learned. It sounds as though your extraction was successful. Can you explain how you attempted to smoke the DMT? What type of device did you use? Burnt DMT can have little to no effect - and it'll smell terrible.

Thirdly, regarding the persistent smell - are your teeth OK? Maybe you have a "silent" infection in a root, or perhaps something in your sinuses or ear canal. If this persists, get it checked out.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 5/8/2021 10:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, welcome alex.

I've editted your post for the reasons already mentioned.

It seems that your vaporizing technique could indeed be the main issue here.
You'll find that there's a lot of different approaches to vaporizing, wich are all being discussed thoroughly in the vaping/smoking section.

I hope you'll find it usefull.

Btw. There are other methods of administration that may also be worth considering.

AlexAches
#5 Posted : 5/11/2021 2:37:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well first thanks for all the replays and for deleting the sourcing references for me(sorry I will be more careful next time).The vaporizing technique is something that I checked out in advance with a few post and tutorials to make sure I use the materials correctly since I have never used a dmt like pipe (it was cheap thats why I used that ). So I was very careful with the lighter (using the proper distance and angle rotating the bowl of the pipe insted of moving the flame and all stuff) and I didnt burn anything it just turned to smoke, I took very big hits too, so thats the weird thing it doesn't make any sense (and for the medication thing) It would be very bad if the eutirox I take for my thyroid problem has anything to do with that,but I dont know whats possible since the chemistry in the body is incredibly complex so I dont know.

So the procces was fine the materials were the right ones ,the time spans where correct as well and the 40-60 Petroleum Ether instead of naphta has nothing to do with that so as a final question (it is possible that the dmt molecules didnt go to the upper layer and I just froze Petroleum Ether ) basically smoking frozen ether ? the final product were crystals just like the images you can find online.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/12/2021 10:42:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Did you exhale clouds of smoke? If so, you weren't holding in the hits for long enough.

There is no way you froze petroleum ether in a domestic freezer, and even if you used a cryogenic freezer it would not remain frozen at room temperature.

It is imperative that you find out more about possible interactions between DMT and thyroxine before proceeding any further.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli