We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
question about acidifying Options

meluzine
#1 Posted : 4/30/2021 3:06:32 AM

true love will find you in the end. •93•

Is liquid citric acid an acceptable Acid for A/B extraction? I have 400ml of Keurig Descaling Solution, which lists Citric Acid as the only ingredient.

I'm planning to do a Phalaris arundinacea extraction with the A/B method, using citric acid as the acidifying agent, and Calcium Hydroxide as the basifying agent. I only have xylene as a solvent right now but I would like to find something that doesn't smell so strongly. There isn't any reason why liquid citric acid is going to ruin an extraction right?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/30/2021 3:44:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This and this should helpSmile.

But simply, if that's the only ingredient, then it should be sufficient.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/1/2021 8:22:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Is liquid citric acid an acceptable Acid for A/B extraction? I have 400ml of Keurig Descaling Solution, which lists Citric Acid as the only ingredient.
Clearly a minimum of one other ingredient, not mentioned, is water otherwise the citric acid would be in solid form. (At least this saves you the time you would have spent dissolving the citric acid.) It would be worth checking the concentration of citric acid in the solution - this information should be on the packaging - if only to have some grasp of its neutralisation equivalent.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

meluzine
#4 Posted : 5/5/2021 12:38:48 AM

true love will find you in the end. •93•

Update, I found 2 Urnex PDFs that gave me more information, its strange that there wasn't more info on the actual bottle however.

The first document (2019) gave a concentration of 7-13% citric acid, and a PH of 1.86

The second (2015) gave a concentration of <12%, and a PH of 2.5-3.0.

My bottle is from 2019, so I am going to assume It has the properties described in the first document.
This is suitable for an A/B extraction right?

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/5/2021 12:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

meluzine wrote:
Update, I found 2 Urnex PDFs that gave me more information, its strange that there wasn't more info on the actual bottle however.

The first document (2019) gave a concentration of 7-13% citric acid, and a PH of 1.86

The second (2015) gave a concentration of <12%, and a PH of 2.5-3.0.

My bottle is from 2019, so I am going to assume It has the properties described in the first document.
This is suitable for an A/B extraction right?

Thank you for sharing the documents with us.

You should be good using that as an acid. Distilled vinegar is roughly between 3-4.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/5/2021 1:51:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

7-13% ? I suppose that's another way of saying 10±3%. The contrast with the 3 significant figures of pH value is somewhat amusing. This has made me curious to know what the actual concentration will be in your particular specimen (largely out of nerdiness).

Just for fun, we could calculate the concentration of a citric acid solution that would have a pH of 1.86. Does this correspond to somewhere within the range of 7-13% ?

(At this point, I'm probably supposed to type "Let's find out..." and then go through all the calculations, but tbh Loveall is better at that kind of stuff Very happy )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli